Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers WR Michael Crabtree teara Achilles tendon; likely out for season

Dustin

not familiar with most recent surgical updates on this particular procedure, In my time when did surgey of this nature , pending the exact tear, full, partial etc, was indeed out for season, then again that was 1988 , go to med conference but haven't seen latest on this

I'm against that idea since we play 49ers this year rather them not be better

My feeling is he gets cut or PS here....although I personally really like him.  Like the Shipley deal, try and get a draft pick of some sort...that is my thought there.  You cut him....you may play him twice if picked up in division...if he plays and plays well...we have yet to see that.

Now, the Seahawks are laughing with Harvin, Rice, and others in the fold :).

Seahawks look good....I see the commercials with Patrick Willis.  That is one dude I would not want giving me a migraine.....(insert Harvin)  Willis is one bad Jose.

On draft day, I was wondering why the 9ers drafted Patton..I was really hoping he'd come to the Colts, but, in retrospect, another great pick for Harbaugh's crew. Even with Crabtree down, they are still pretty loaded at WR. Crabtree will be missed, as he finally got his act together, but drafting Patton looked at first not to be a great pick, turns out to possibly the best later round pick in the draft.

Hate to see it happen, but better for the team for it to happen now instead of after the season is underway. Plus with the "IR designated to return" thing, maybe Crabtree could return by the end of the season.

not familiar with most recent surgical updates on this particular procedure, In my time when did surgey of this nature , pending the exact tear, full, partial etc, was indeed out for season, then again that was 1988 , go to med conference but haven't seen latest on this

Wow bad luck man hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Really even today , all we hear is a achilles  tendon tear, where on the Achilles tendon, it a big one, or is it merely off where it inserts against ( attaches ) to the heal bone , or is it still attached to said bone and actually pulled off part of the bone so its an avulsion and not a true tear , then can just reattach bone if enough left to fixate

also is it a clean tear that is are the opposing ends where torn , torn clean and evenly so all have to do is reconnect them , or are ends frayed and may have to cut some off so have  good quality to for reattachment and then may need , pending the degree frayed to also legthen said tendon a bit and the amount required  if any also determines the procdure

again i havent done since 1988 disability but many many factors i imagine are still needed to determine whatever new procedures are  to be used 

I have often purposely cut off the tendon from the heal bone to get an exposed area of  bone to  do a bone procedure that the attached tendon  is in the way of, that's as clean as u can get as is a surgical cut and immediate repair , still needed prolonged casting, muscle atrophied and long rehab

so many many factors we have no idea about

Hate to see it happen, but better for the team for it to happen now instead of after the season is underway. Plus with the "IR designated to return" thing, maybe Crabtree could return by the end of the season.

Terrell Suggs and Da'Quan Bowers who suffered spring Achilles tears only to return late in the fall after starting the season on the physically unable to perform list.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/5/22/4356140/michael-crabtree-injury-torn-achilles-49ers

Go Pats ( think was asked not to use fist names so play it safe, know someone asked me ))
read my comments # 10 & 26 if u haven't

49ers' Crabtree gets encouraging words from Broncos receiver
Team doctors told coach Jim Harbaugh that Crabtree’s surgery Wednesday was not of the season-ending variety.

“He’s a great player, and I’m sure he’s going to work hard to get back and listen to all the people that he’s got to listen to,” Thomas told reporters Wednesday at the Broncos facility. “But it’s difficult at first, because it took a while for me to be able to do anything.”

DT - Thomas took seven months to come back from his February 2011 injury.

He suggested he wasn’t at full strength until September 2012.

Complemented by Peyton Manning’s arrival, Thomas produced career-best numbers (94 receptions, 1,434 yards, 10 touchdowns) last season en route to his first Pro Bowl selection.

Kendall Hunter, Crabtree’s teammate, also is coming off a similar injury, having torn his left Achilles’ tendon Nov. 25 at New Orleans. Hunter’s rehabilitation appears on track six months later, as he participated Wednesday in individual drills before running under a trainer’s supervision on a side field.

“There was a different process with Kendall,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Wednesday. “ ... They took more time after the injury to do the surgery. And it’s a bit of a different approach, the way I understand it talking to the doctors.”

Terrell Suggs needed only five months and six days to return to game action after surgery on his torn Achilles’ last year.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da’Quan Bowers had surgery last May 11 on his right Achilles’. Bowers started the season on the physically-unable-to-perform list, began practicing Oct. 17 and made his season debut Oct. 25 in a limited role.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130523/mct/130529744