Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Picked Up Aj Edds From The Pats

Phil J

Brackett is also on season-ending IR, hence the signing.

Polian. Big Ten. No.

What does this even mean? You do realize no conference produces more NFL players, right? No conference produces higher academia either, which means a lot of the kids are smart.

Edds and Angerer played together and were a RIDICULOUS tandem for Iowa. Edds actually has better movement in pass coverage than does Angerer, so I think this could give us a beastly corps if he pans out.

Oh, and for those wanting size? He's currently 6'4" 250+, with greater speed than most NFL TE's.

What does this even mean? You do realize no conference produces more NFL players, right? No conference produces higher academia either, which means a lot of the kids are smart.

No need to puff up. Just stating the Polian affection for the Midwest. Over 10 guys on this roster from the Big Ten. You add Syracuse/Rutgers over 28% of our roster represents 8 schools.

Niiiice. Well if Sims actually gets healthy, I am loving our LB core. I feel Angerer is definitely a better option on rushing downs than Bracket was. He just needs experience to hone in on his coverage skills and positioning. Wheeler and Conner have already showed me something this pre-season and regular season. Lets hope Sims and Ebbs can help us out. This is kind of exciting. We have very good line backers, who are going to not cost us that much money, especially if we release Bracket after this season.

Brackett is also on season-ending IR, hence the signing.

Edds and Angerer played together and were a RIDICULOUS tandem for Iowa. Edds actually has better movement in pass coverage than does Angerer, so I think this could give us a beastly corps if he pans out.

Oh, and for those wanting size? He's currently 6'4" 250+, with greater speed than most NFL TE's.

he sounds like a monster! hopefully he isnt stuck on the colts woeful special teams!

The Patriot defense looks abysmal, so hard for me to get excited about the signing of a Patriot defensive cast-off.

I agree about a healthy Sims being a key to further LB improvement. Conner impressed me last game, also, I must say.

Conner was laying some wood, it was getting noisy on the field.

The Patriot defense looks abysmal, so hard for me to get excited about the signing of a Patriot defensive cast-off.

I agree about a healthy Sims being a key to further LB improvement. Conner impressed me last game, also, I must say.

I wouldn't let that bother you. Historically, the Colts have looked for different things in LBers than most other teams, including the Pats. He actually may be a better fit for our scheme.

That seems to be the problem with most of the guys on this defense. They did pretty well against Pittsburgh, but that's only 1 game out of 3 so far this season.

They (Wheeler, Angerer and Conner) did a good job tackling in the Browns game as well, so at least that is 2 out of 3. :). Wheeler is my biggest concern because he has played lights out before and then played not so good. So hopefully he can keep up the way he has played the last two games.

His senior season at Iowa he had 5 pics, 4 pass deflections, 72 tackles 21 solo 51 ast. Hes a converted TE. He seems like a player and having Pat there as well can help cant wait to see him

Well this isn't college anymore and what you did there doesn't mean crap here, just ask Brown and Hughes how they did in college.

Professional career (Wikipedia)

Miami Dolphins

He was expected to contribute immediately as a nickel linebacker due to his strong pass coverage skills at Iowa, but he tore his right anterior cruciate ligament during the 2010 training camp and was lost for his rookie season. He was waived on September 5, 2011.

New England Patriots

Edds was claimed off waivers by the New England Patriots on September 6. He was waived on September 22, but re-signed to the Patriots practice squad on September 24.

Indianapolis Colts

On September 28, 2011, he was signed off the Patriots' practice squad by the Indianapolis Colts, reuniting him with friend and former teammate at Iowa Pat Angerer.

So, NE didn't cut him, they signed him to the PS and the Colts swiped him. Love it!

He has great hands, and is pretty athletic.

He's a pretty decent tackler though. With that said, I think he fits our zone heavy scheme, more than the Pats and Dolphins scheme(which leans towards man to man)

That's something I was just thinking. If Angerer was able to make a successful transition from the Iowa scheme to ours, perhaps Edds can do the same. Especially with having some familiarity with Pat. Of course, he will have to work his way up, because right now he's as unproven as Hughes.

Here's hopin'!

That's something I was just thinking. If Angerer was able to make a successful transition from the Iowa scheme to ours, perhaps Edds can do the same. Especially with having some familiarity with Pat. Of course, he will have to work his way up, because right now he's as unproven as Hughes.

Here's hopin'!

Teammate familiarity is always a big bonus when coming to a new system, and hopefully he can make it well.

I had a few classes at Greenwood High School with AJ, he's a few years younger than me. Really nice guy and super excited to see him coming back home!

Funny you I just read your post because I also just read for the first time that Edds was born in Greenwood, IN. Wasn't sure if that was common knowledge or not but thought it was interesting.

At 6'4" and 244 lbs and a former teammate of Angrey Pat....I'm very interested to see what he can do. :D

Well this isn't college anymore and what you did there doesn't mean crap here, just ask Brown and Hughes how they did in college.

Really? had no idea thought this was college. The reason I said that cause his career in the NFL hasnt got going Drafted by the Dolphins got injured then cut signed by the Pats then cut then signed to their PS and finally Signed by us. He's played 2 games for the Pats thats ALL in the NFL and has had 1 tackle.

For those who didnt know, Edd and Angerer played that year where the Hawks were ranked as high a 6 and had won like 10 straight games.

The Defense was Phenomenal. A well oiled machine...led by Angerer. These guys are waterboys (the adam sandler kind), true ball hawks. Defensive players from Boise State and Iowa are by far the most underrated in the country.

I'm sure Edd will make great contributions on special teams, and as a LB if his servics are needed. It is as gaurenteed as gold.

For those who didnt know, Edd and Angerer played that year where the Hawks were ranked as high a 6 and had won like 10 straight games.

The Defense was Phenomenal. A well oiled machine...led by Angerer. These guys are waterboys (the adam sandler kind), true ball hawks. Defensive players from Boise State and Iowa are by far the most underrated in the country.

I'm sure Edd will make great contributions on special teams, and as a LB if his servics are needed. It is as gaurenteed as gold.

+1

If you are not a good tackler in college you are not going magically become a tackling machine in the pros.

This guy is just added depth behind Wheeler and will probably be gone next offseason.

Hopefully they address the OLB position next offseason when we move Angerer to the middle.