Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hugh Thornton Draft Party Reaction Video

Steagles

Nice tats and he looks pretty built.

I want to see what he can do in the weight room and on the field.

They must pay those kids pretty well at Illinois, all those tats can be very expensive.

(Yes, this Buckeye is still ticked at the NCAA)

That's awesome. Love the HUGH HUGH HUGH chants lol. 

Dude looks built though. From what I've read over the past 12 hours on him he seems to be an absolute mauler. He's been through a lot in his life and plays with that anger on the field. And above all he LOVES football as does Werner. I think that's very important to Grigs&Co. 

I was just on Colts Authority, they have links to YouTube videos of him playing OT against OSU and Michigatz.

He looked really solid. He may be able to back up at RT if needed.

Grigs said he targeted him from the start and our O line coach recruited him to Illinois. I'm psyched!

I was just on Colts Authority, they have links to YouTube videos of him playing OT against OSU and Michigatz.

He looked really solid. He may be able to back up at RT if needed.

Grigs said he targeted him from the start and our O line coach recruited him to Illinois. I'm psyched!

i think once we put him at guard he needs to stay put. he is a big boy who will def. help with our run game. and he is a decent pass blocker, all though his scout report says he needs alittle work. im stoked on this pick. hoping he pans out because if he does our OLine will be good in 2013. 

i think once we put him at guard he needs to stay put. he is a big boy who will def. help with our run game. and he is a decent pass blocker, all though his scout report says he needs alittle work. im stoked on this pick. hoping he pans out because if he does our OLine will be good in 2013.

Versatility is always good. That's how Link makes the team every year.

Yeah, this is the first time I've been optimistic about our line in about five years.

He's talking about Ohio players getting free tattoos and cars that resulted in a bowl ban this year.

Whoa, don't want to derail the thread, but the ban was for lack of institutional control.

The players were selling or trading THEIR OWN property, and if there's a school where that doesn't happen, someone please tell me. OSU was banned because the coach knew about it and didn't report it.

What upsets me about the NCAA is that a school is allowed to sell a players name (Andrew Luck Director of Offense), but the kids aren't allowed to profit on their own name or property.

Yet, a very good majority have thousands of dollars of tattoos. They must all have rich parents, right?

If it makes you feel better, I am a Hurricanes fan.

Thankfully the NCAA got caught for trying to set us up  :td:

Major college football just needs to admit that it's a minor pro league and move on.  Pay the kids, they're certainly making the schools a ton of money.

Major college football just needs to admit that it's a minor pro league and move on.  Pay the kids, they're certainly making the schools a ton of money.

Every player should at least own their own name. So if someone wants to sponsor them, they should be able to be sponsored, and earn money that way.

Trust me, it is just a way for the NCAA to crackdown on top programs to make everything even. The NCAA is a joke and continues to be one until they recognize

Every player should at least own their own name. So if someone wants to sponsor them, they should be able to be sponsored, and earn money that way.

Trust me, it is just a way for the NCAA to crackdown on top programs to make everything even. The NCAA is a joke and continues to be one until they recognize

But programs aren't even, and they need to learn that.  The super conferences just need to start their own regulatory rules.

Here's what cracks me up, and it's not just football, it's college basketball too - scholarship athletes can't have jobs, right?  They get very little spending money.  And I'd say more than half do not come from wealthy families.

Yet most kids are sporting thousands of dollars of tattoos.  If the NCAA started investigating that, every program in the country would be on probation.  

But programs aren't even, and they need to learn that.  The super conferences just need to start their own regulatory rules.

Here's what cracks me up, and it's not just football, it's college basketball too - scholarship athletes can't have jobs, right?  They get very little spending money.  And I'd say more than half do not come from wealthy families.

Yet most kids are sporting thousands of dollars of tattoos.  If the NCAA started investigating that, every program in the country would be on probation.  

They do need to learn that, but I can't understand why they feel the need to control the player's lives.

And so they go out and steal other people's stuff to try to help pay for their lives. I completely 100% agree with everything you are saying. The NCAA needs to understand that a lot of the hungry football players, are from bad neighborhoods. 

And they punish the kid while the booster is usually the one providing the means to get the tattoos. I don't see why the NCAA can't just be like, if the kid gets offered something by a eager booster, why not? It is the vale of "amateurism" the NCAA has been using as an excuse for years.

They do need to learn that, but I can't understand why they feel the need to control the player's lives.

And so they go out and steal other people's stuff to try to help pay for their lives. I completely 100% agree with everything you are saying. The NCAA needs to understand that a lot of the hungry football players, are from bad neighborhoods. 

And they punish the kid while the booster is usually the one providing the means to get the tattoos. I don't see why the NCAA can't just be like, if the kid gets offered something by a eager booster, why not? It is the vale of "amateurism" the NCAA has been using as an excuse for years.

Right.  Major college football has gone way beyond that amateur phase.  It's a huge business.  Everyone is raking in money, the schools, TV networks, merchandisers.  Everyone but the kids who provide the product.

Ridiculous.

Right.  Major college football has gone way beyond that amateur phase.  It's a huge business.  Everyone is raking in money, the schools, TV networks, merchandisers.  Everyone but the kids who provide the product.

Ridiculous.

Yes, they have been done with it for years. The one actually earning the money is the one in the most risk. And the NCAA just has to get their "cut"

College football is such a great sport because of the storylines and great, young talent. But the NCAA is ruining it for everyone and the NCAA will keep getting slapped with lawsuits because of their ignorance of the issue.