off - 3rd down pecentage 22% 5 out of 23 ranked 31

off - time of possesion 24:21 ranked 32

def - total yards allowed 343.5 ranked 16

def - total points per game allowed 30.5 ranked number 31

def - 3rd down percentage 48% 13 of 27 ranked number 29

def - time on the field 35:39 ranked number 32

the defense number are probly a little high cause of the lack of offense

If anything this game proved to us, that:

1. They are for real, because they hung in there with the Saints, and they did extremely well, plus they have one of the best Ds in the league on top of a good offense. They stopped the Dolphins and killed us. There looking really good, and unless Peyton comes back soon, it's looks like the Texans finally live up to the hype for once.

Sunday's Houston collapse at New Orleans....(they gave up 17 in the final 10 minutes)

indicates 2 things.

1.) WE made them look better than they are....

2.) The season isnt over for us yet because the division winner is going to be about 10-6.

i agree the season isnt over but they are a very good team, they have a tough schedule and we will take them next time,as the coaches are making adjustments

Sunday's Houston collapse at New Orleans....(they gave up 17 in the final 10 minutes)

indicates 2 things.

1.) WE made them look better than they are....

2.) The season isnt over for us yet because the division winner is going to be about 10-6.

I don't know how you could determine that they collapsed. It was 19 -17 after the 3rd qtr.. New Orleans is a high powered offense and by that time in the game the defense was probably gassed. The fact that they came pretty close to beating NO in NO just proves to me that they are even better than what I thought they were.

If anything this game proved to us, that:

1. They are for real, because they hung in there with the Saints, and they did extremely well, plus they have one of the best Ds in the league on top of a good offense. They stopped the Dolphins and killed us. There looking really good, and unless Peyton comes back soon, it's looks like the Texans finally live up to the hype for once.

I wouldn't bet on it, next year? Yes, definitely, this season, no. It would be better in the long term if he waited till next year anyways.

Texans are good, but we're not even 1/4 into the season yet, so anything can happen. We've seen teams go 8-0 then end the season 8-8.

No one can really see the end of this season, this early.

def - total points per game allowed 30.5 ranked number 2

Is this for real or a typo? 30.5 points per game is 2nd best in the league? There is only one team in the league that is potentially holding opponents under 30 ppg? I know the rules have been shifted in favor of offense, but wow.

Also, time of possession should really be classified as a team stat, not offense or defense (or in this case repeated for both). Both sides of the ball factor into time of possession.

Is this for real or a typo? 30.5 points per game is 2nd best in the league? There is only one team in the league that is potentially holding opponents under 30 ppg? I know the rules have been shifted in favor of offense, but wow.

Also, time of possession should really be classified as a team stat, not offense or defense (or in this case repeated for both). Both sides of the ball factor into time of possession.

it was a typo i meant 2nd worse which is ranked 31 tied to 28

you can factor time of possesion like that because both teams our on the field for 60 minutes

longer your offense is out better mean their converting

longer your defense is on the field is bad not getting stops

The Texans looked pretty darn good to me today. The analysts are probably beating them up for losing a winnable game but that doesn't mean they are lousy. I don't like our chances at winning the Division. We still have to play against Ben Tate/Arian Foster again; Chris Johnson (twice) and Maurice Jones-Drew (twice). These teams have a history of running all over us but we could always score more points and that's not going to happen this year.

Now if we could stop Rashard Mendenhall tonight, I might rethink my position. GO COLTS!

So you decide to post this after they barely lose against a very good Saints team? The Texans had the Saints number today but as stated earlier, they choked. The Texans are legit. They have been building that team for years and finally it is coming together. In my opinion, with the way the Texans have been playing, even if Peyton Manning was playing, we would have split the season with the Texans 1-1 this year.

I don't see their defense getting much better as the season goes on, so as long as we/other teams can score, it will be like past season where you'll take your chance in a shootout. That said, we've got to get something going to get our offense up to speed. Fumble returns aren't anything we can rely on to win games.