Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyson Clabo

lollygagger8

Pro Bowl in 2010.  He is a right tackle who played left tackle in college as well as left guard.

31 in no way bothers me, but I still am thinking I want 'fresh blood' up front.  We just do not know if he can get back to playing guard.

Gotta wonder if Grigs is thinking about him....he is NOT chopped liver.... :thinking:

honestly if were gonna sign a FA offensive lineman it needs to be a guard or center. other then that save the money in case of emergency reasons / Roster cut day / and the rookies we draft. 

Once again I have to ask...why the heck a center?  You have 2 on the roster...one with a 3 year deal...and the other one played well enough that the backs averaged over 100 yards each start....we also have Mc-awful listed as G/C.....

Once again I have to ask...why the heck a center?  You have 2 on the roster...one with a 3 year deal...and the other one played well enough that the backs averaged over 100 yards each start....we also have Mc-awful listed as G/C.....

well release satele how bad can it hurt the cap space?? 

I don't think he's too old, and if he can slide over to Guard.....it seems like a no brainer to me. But I'm just a fan what do I know? :)

Out of likes Lolly....

He had been a left guard in college.  Wondering aloud if Donald Thomas is better at left or right guard...

My concern is he has been playing right tackle...can he transition back to a position he has not played in about 11 years???  Need some film study on footwork...I will leave that to Grigs :)

Just an interesting thought, howbeit hindsight: We could have had Clabo (yes older than Cherilus) and Jake Long both for $13MM/yr vs. Cherilus and Walden's nearly $11MM per year and allowed us to cut Satele or McGlynn if we really aren't happy with him and save the difference. Big assumption here, but move Clabo to G, where he played some in college. The O-line would have been Jake Long at LT, Thomas at LG, Shipley C, Clabo at RG, Castonzo RT. Just thinking out loud.

I will go will you on that one.....wanted to know the thought process...I have said Satele is one of Grigson's few mistakes...admit it and move on...

exactly, which is why if they traded down their first pick for something like a early 2nd round, third rounder and maybe a 6th rounder I wouldnt be to upset about getting a Center with our first pick. atleast it would give us a couple extra picks to play with. 

exactly, which is why if they traded down their first pick for something like a early 2nd round, third rounder and maybe a 6th rounder I wouldnt be to upset about getting a Center with our first pick. atleast it would give us a couple extra picks to play with. 

No to a center with the first pick in this lifetime!  NOOOO!  Not building the monster with a center that you could get if you NEEDED one later.  Give me Jesse Williams....a right guard that slips...Rhodes if he is there...Shipley can play....

Per Rotoworld

"Falcons released RT Tyson Clabo.

It's a salary cap move as the Falcons work toward a Matt Ryan extension. Clabo started 100 games and made one Pro Bowl during his seven-year Atlanta career, but was owed $4.5M in each of the next three seasons. In-house replacement Lamar Holmes will make just $480K in 2013. Still, it's surprising to see ProFootballFocus' No. 5 right tackle get axed. Clabo turns 32 in October, but there are plenty of teams in need of a 6'6/329 mauler. He joins Andre Smith and Eric Winston in a surprisingly loaded free agent right tackle market."

Hmmm seems that he was rated higher than the RT we just signed.  I think Clabo would be an ideal fit for RG and leave us with far more options with the upcoming draft. 

Joseph

Once again I have to ask...why the heck a center? You have 2 on the roster...one with a 3 year deal...and the other one played well enough that the backs averaged over 100 yards each start....we also have Mc-awful listed as G/C.....

Bout time I see someone sticking up for my boy Shipley, that's exactly the point I tried making. In the 5 games he started we averaged over 100 yards rushing per game

We don't need a center dude, end of story. Shipley will get better and better the more he is able to play

Bout time I see someone sticking up for my boy Shipley, that's exactly the point I tried making. In the 5 games he started we averaged over 100 yards rushing per game

We just must have been ranting in different threads :)  The argument by some is that Shipley has short arms.  Jeff Saturday looked like the Pilsbury Doughboy when he was signed....was NOT EVEN CLOSE to as good as Shipley at center.  All AQ needed was a chance.  Center is hard to crack....

Not a knock on Jeff...loved he got his chance...Thanks for the post!

Per Rotoworld

"Falcons released RT Tyson Clabo.

It's a salary cap move as the Falcons work toward a Matt Ryan extension. Clabo started 100 games and made one Pro Bowl during his seven-year Atlanta career, but was owed $4.5M in each of the next three seasons. In-house replacement Lamar Holmes will make just $480K in 2013. Still, it's surprising to see ProFootballFocus' No. 5 right tackle get axed. Clabo turns 32 in October, but there are plenty of teams in need of a 6'6/329 mauler. He joins Andre Smith and Eric Winston in a surprisingly loaded free agent right tackle market."

Hmmm seems that he was rated higher than the RT we just signed.  I think Clabo would be an ideal fit for RG and leave us with far more options with the upcoming draft. 

Joseph

Welcome to the forum.....

He has not played guard in a long time, and not at the NFL level...we do have the money.

Maybe someone knows if he can play guard?  Good point on more options in the draft if signed...IF being the key word.  Again...Welcome :)

Welcome to the forum.....

He has not played guard in a long time, and not at the NFL level...we do have the money.

Maybe someone knows if he can play guard?  Good point on more options in the draft if signed...IF being the key word.  Again...Welcome :)

At Wake Forrest he played both LT and LG positions. Still, I would say NO.

Hmmm...Wake Forest...where have I heard this name...let me think... Got it!!! :-)))))))))

We probably won't get him, but he did play G at Wake Forest and they led the ACC in rushing 2 of his 3 years as a starter--no small feat for little Wake Forest with Florida State, Miami and Va Tech in the conference. Kind of wish we could go back in time about 10 days and sign him for $4.5MM vs. Cherilus at $6.9MM. (He actually gave up 30% less sacks as well as being a superior run blocker) Saving $2.4MM and having a better RT, howbeit 31 years old with about 2-3 good years left.

We just must have been ranting in different threads :) The argument by some is that Shipley has short arms. Jeff Saturday looked like the Pilsbury Doughboy when he was signed....was NOT EVEN CLOSE to as good as Shipley at center. All AQ needed was a chance. Center is hard to crack....

Not a knock on Jeff...loved he got his chance...Thanks for the post!

As long as he is able to maintain his strength he will be fine, short arms isn't to bad for a center

We probably won't get him, but he did play G at Wake Forest and they led the ACC in rushing 2 of his 3 years as a starter--no small feat for little Wake Forest with Florida State, Miami and Va Tech in the conference. Kind of wish we could go back in time about 10 days and sign him for $4.5MM vs. Cherilus at $6.9MM. (He actually gave up 30% less sacks as well as being a superior run blocker) Saving $2.4MM and having a better RT, howbeit 31 years old with about 2-3 good years left.

Clabo isn't better than Cherilus.

This times a thousand. And can we please quit the Jake Long talk? Moving AC to RT would be a HUGE mistake. He came along nicely last year showing to be a monster in run blocking and got better as the year went on in pass blocking. REMEMBER HE WAS INJURED IN 2011 which essentially made him a rookie last year starting from square one.

Pro Bowl in 2010.  He is a right tackle who played left tackle in college as well as left guard.

31 in no way bothers me, but I still am thinking I want 'fresh blood' up front.  We just do not know if he can get back to playing guard.

Gotta wonder if Grigs is thinking about him....he is NOT chopped liver.... :thinking:

I'm not comfortable drafting anymore O-lineman with any thought that they may be starters in 2013. 

I say it's time to take Luck's health and pocket protection very seriously. Doing so would be best achieved through FA acquisitions of players that have proven themselves. I would love to see another O-line FA signing....not holding my breath however, but I would love to see it. 

I'm not comfortable drafting anymore O-lineman with any thought that they may be starters in 2013. 

I say it's time to take Luck's health and pocket protection very seriously. Doing so would be best achieved through FA acquisitions of players that have proven themselves. I would love to see another O-line FA signing....not holding my breath however, but I would love to see it. 

I cannot argue I would like to have a proven GUARD ruk.  Clabo has played RT for a long time.  Like some folks on here, I wonder aloud why we have not contacted (we may have) Brandon Moore.

With the crop of excellence as far as guards in the draft.....this is one year I personally would not mind a guard. (Still think BPA)

This times a thousand. And can we please quit the Jake Long talk? Moving AC to RT would be a HUGE mistake. He came along nicely last year showing to be a monster in run blocking and got better as the year went on in pass blocking. REMEMBER HE WAS INJURED IN 2011 which essentially made him a rookie last year starting from square one.

No one has said anything about it

No one has said anything about it

It was mentioned previously in the thread about how we could have signed him and so n so instead of so n so, not gonig to re read the thread again to find the exact post this thread is old enough.

It was mentioned previously in the thread about how we could have signed him and so n so instead of so n so, not gonig to re read the thread again to find the exact post this thread is old enough.

my apologizes I was only reading the recent posts didn't fully read the thread.

my apologizes I was only reading the recent posts didn't fully read the thread.

It's all good man this thread is old enough(In a manner of sorts)  that I forgot the exact post and had to read the thread topic and a couple posts just to jump start my memory on it haha.

Once again I have to ask...why the heck a center? You have 2 on the roster...one with a 3 year deal...and the other one played well enough that the backs averaged over 100 yards each start....we also have Mc-awful listed as G/C.....

haha I think colts fans just want to try and get McGlynn and Setele off the team lol