Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Board will have a Meltdown if the Colts draft......

....  Manti Teo....    and, much to my surprise,  that's who NFL.COM scout Daniel Jeremiah has the Colts taking in his latest mock draft....

I suspect he'll have many different names for the Colts before all is said and done,  I just didn't expect this one......

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/170650

Most of the rest of the draft is reasonably solid....   some you'll agree with, and some you'll disagree with....   but nothing shocking,  except maybe the Indy pick....    I confess I didn't say that one coming...

I'm rooting for Te'o to do well in the pros, and I think he's taken more than his fair share of hassle about the whole fake girlfriend thing. It's not going to stop once he gets in an NFL locker room so he better have a sense of humor about it, but it's pretty messed up that his situation (funny as it may've been before it got run into the ground) leads people to judge him more harshly than players who drive drunk, beat their girlfriends, or my personal favorite, steal motorcycle helmets while they're getting a full scholarship. I just don't get why ,all the sudden, a guy whose football value comes as much from his leadership and locker room presence as anything else is treated like he'll be a locker room cancer going forward.

That said, I hope we go in a different direction than ILB for our first round pick. We just don't need one with our top pick unless he's overwhelmingly the best player available, and at 24, Te'o doesn't fit. IMO the only one really worth a 1st rounder this year is Arthur Brown, and chances are, he's not dropping to us. But I do think a team that needs an inside LB will draft Te'o at some point in the second round.

I could have seen that in the past if we had a second round pick. Zach Thomas, a solid pro for years for the Dolphins, had almost identical numbers in the combine. So, game film should trump what you project in the NFL most of the time. However, if he was still around for pick 2 (assuming we had pick 2), I would have no issues picking him up there. Like I said, the game has changed that a LB taken in round 1 generally needs to project as a playmaker, I just dont see that in Teo.

However, I do agree that he will be a solid starter for years to come albeit not a Brian Urlacher type playmaker, IMO.

However, I do agree that he will be a solid starter for years to come albeit not a Brian Urlacher type playmaker, IMO.

Funny you should mention that....

Unless I'm mistaken....Jeremiah did that mock before or on the same day the Bears threw Urlacher out.

Hopefully....Chicago will save us from the Forum horror and grab him at #20

I want nothing to do with Teo being a Colt. Yes the catfish thing plays into that, I've said it before and I'll it again...he either had something to do with it from the beginning or he's one of the biggest  i-d-i-o-t-s  on planet Earth. Either way, I don't like him. 

We have one more contract year with Pat Angerer.

man, he was awesome in his rookie year and last year he had a big injury that he wound up playing on (remember New England where he was covering Gronkowski on the outside on an injured foot?) He's really going to prove himself this year. And if we dont re-sign him, the next years draft will include MLB Shayne Skov.

Some people are reallyyyyyyyyyyy blowing things out of purportion with Teo and its pure silliness, he is gonna be a stud at the next level sooner then later, we dont need an ILB bad enough to take one in the first round but I get the feeling that everybody is hatin on Teo because of the mentality "oh they are doing it lets join in" when the reality is what happened to him could very easily happen to many people

Some people are reallyyyyyyyyyyy blowing things out of purportion with Teo and its pure silliness, he is gonna be a stud at the next level sooner then later, we dont need an ILB bad enough to take one in the first round but I get the feeling that everybody is hatin on Teo because of the mentality "oh they are doing it lets join in" when the reality is what happened to him could very easily happen to many people

Nope, I don't and will never agree with that last statement. Could it happen to a lot of people for 2-3 months tops? Absolutely, could it happen to many people for yrs.? Only if your an  i-d-i-o-t.

Guarantee if Te'o was mocked to us before the Catfish scandal, many people would be extremely excited. 

Sure....   many would.....     but a surprising (at least to me) number of people were very, very anit-Teo before the whole fake girlfriend thing erupted....   I even asked about it here....    kinda surprised me....   but there's a very strong anti-Manti faction here, and the Catfish thing just made it worse....

Nope, I don't and will never agree with that last statement. Could it happen to a lot of people for 2-3 months tops? Absolutely, could it happen to many people for yrs.? Only if your an  i-d-i-o-t.

That's not the only way he's slow either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti_Teo

I think it was only over a matter of a few months, Its not uncommon for something like that to happen online and there was a females voice posing as the believed to be girlfriend, In my opinion if a team passes on him that needs an ILB in the 1st round because of this specific reason then if Im the owner of said franchise me and the GM would have a little sit down heart to heart chat

Guarantee if Te'o was mocked to us before the Catfish scandal, many people would be extremely excited. 

And?

So would a lot of team's GMs.

And a lot of people in Pittsburg liked Rashaad Mendenhall before he started defending Osama Bin Laden. Afterwards, not so much.

That's how life works. You reap what you sow.

Neither are we at o-line, d- line, and almost every other position. Te'o is waaaay overrated or more precisely given way to much credit for that ND defense. Tuitt and Nix on that line got almost no credit.

I'm not a fan of Te'o, but I dont believe in passing up a player just because you are are satisfactory at that position.