Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Era vs Manning Era

Dark Superman

If you pay attention you may notice that I'm NEVER the guy that starts the Griffin discussion.  That usually falls on your people and I get sucked in as a reader of this board. :P

But it's always the rival fans fault. Always. :bored:

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have been hanging with the wrong crowd. It was only a joke...

Unless Texan fans are really that sensitive they have had poor QBs.

Given the numerous attacks I've faced in this thread, me responding in that way should be of no surprise. A little haha or :) will indicate the joke and will prevent things like this from happening. I just got a hint of malice reading your post, but then again, maybe it was just me. I'm not sensitive at all, I know that we haven't had any Hall of Famers at the QB position. Not everyone can, you know. ;)

Given the numerous attacks I've faced in this thread, me responding in that way should be of no surprise. A little haha or :) will indicate the joke and will prevent things like this from happening. I just got a hint of malice reading your post, but then again, maybe it was just me. I'm not sensitive at all, I know that we haven't had any Hall of Famers at the QB position. Not everyone can, you know. ;)

Will keep that in mind. Seriously though Palmer wants out of Oakland. He would be an upgrade to Schaub. Maybe not much, but still an upgrade.

Will keep that in mind. Seriously though Palmer wants out of Oakland. He would be an upgrade to Schaub. Maybe not much, but still an upgrade.

If we do acquire another QB, I would want it to be a guy who has the potential to be great. I don't want Palmer as he would be too similar to Schaub, and his best days are behind him anyway. There have been reports that we will take a look at QB in the Draft...how soon or how late, I have no idea, but if we choose one anywhere in the first three rounds I will be disappointed. Better to have a young guy to develop and maybe compete with Yates for the back-up position.

And my apologies for that explosion earlier. It's been a long day and this is an every man for himself thread lol. I really do like reading your posts and seeing your different views on things...even if you do have a fondess for the Texans natural enemy. :D

I don't see why you're getting hostile. Must I really list the things that make me believe why Tom Brady is better? I suppose I am not entitled to my opinion anymore, so why not.

5 SB appearances to Manning's 2.

3 SB wins to Manning's 1.

The ability to overcome obstacles in the playoffs, not throwing costly interceptions and setting records for pick-sixes in the playoffs.

6th-round Draft pick who no one ever expected to have the craft that he has.

Humanitarian, great guy who is all about winning and will take pay cuts at a second's notice in order to attain another ring.

The constant quest for another ring-three is not enough, and getting rings is what drives Brady.

The hardest work ethic in the league.

The greatest craft in the league.

Need I continue, or are you in tears now?

Btw, I said greatest of the modern era, not just the past decade. Most successful QB who is also part of the most successful team.

Humanitarian? what has he done to get that title? hardest worker in the league? what are you basing that on?

Humanitarian? what has he done to get that title? hardest worker in the league? what are you basing that on?

Do you know what a humanitarian is? Guy is respectful to every player and coach in the league, is humble, and I've never heard him talk about another human being in a negative light. Much like Tim Tebow.

Since the Patriots SB years and the decline of the defense Brady has been a carbon copy of Peyton Manning. And if you don't think he hasn't been throwing costly interceptions you haven't been paying attention.

Since the Patriots SB years and the decline of the defense Brady has been a carbon copy of Peyton Manning. And if you don't think he hasn't been throwing costly interceptions you haven't been paying attention.

I would go and compare the two but that's too much work at the present moment. Still, Brady's been in 5 different championship games...I think he's done pretty well in the postseason regardless of how many INTs he might have thrown there.

I would go and compare the two but that's too much work at the present moment. Still, Brady's been in 5 different championship games...I think he's done pretty well in the postseason regardless of how many INTs he might have thrown there.

I'm not questioning his greatness, that would be stupid...he is one of the greatest players of all time. But you look at the last two playoff games vs ravens, SB vs giants, the jets loss....he has been pretty underwhelming.

I'm not questioning his greatness, that would be stupid...he is one of the greatest players of all time. But you look at the last two playoff games vs ravens, SB vs giants, the jets loss....he has been pretty underwhelming.

Eh, Idk, he has thrown 17 INTs since his last SB win and had great QB ratings. (Except in 2009) The most INTs he's thrown was in 2011, and somehow the Patriots still made it to the SB. True he hasn't been as spectacular as he was earlier in his career but he's still done well. On a side note, since 2005, PM has thrown 13 to Brady's 17, with each missing one postseason.

Not excuses just facts and MY opinion. We get it you don't like Luck so why not sport your redskins or Seahawks jersey on sunday . Only quiters throw in the towel.

Sounds like excuses to me... I will watch Wilson, RGIII and Peyton and I will see a lot more than when I watch Andrew Luck.... :dancing:

Not sure I've giggled so much regarding comments in a thread for quite some time. Rival fans come on and repeatedly post Colts / Luck / Peyton bashing comments and then bawl their eyes out because they get ripped.

Hilarious.

Their only purpose, with no shadow of a doubt, is to rile, and then rile some more. They play along with some comments (to look good and garner nice likey comments), but just wait to jump in when the chance presents itself.

And if you dare challenge them, they will run off to the mods, like they are aged 5.

(Note: RGIII excluded.....)

Not sure I've giggled so much regarding comments in a thread for quite some time. Rival fans come on and repeatedly post Colts / Luck / Peyton bashing comments and then bawl their eyes out because they get ripped.

Hilarious.

Their only purpose, with no shadow of a doubt, is to rile, and then rile some more. They play along with some comments (to look good and garner nice likey comments), but just wait to jump in when the chance presents itself.

And if you dare challenge them, they will run off to the mods, like they are aged 5.

I too am tired of this thread

And we do have some members that want to talk about qbs.............. ad infinitem

But nobody is running to moderation

I guess if people want to state and restate their opinion about qbs over and over again, I'd rather it all be in one place rather than all over the boards

tidier this way

Hilarious.

I suppose I can't say for sure who is running to mods as I have not been a member here for that long.

As Nadine stated, most of us enjoy talking QBs and a fair amount of the posts here have been quite neutral so I am not sure what all the fuss is. From a lot of what I see and read, when a rival poster does mention anything favorable about their QB, it is taken as a direct slight against Manning or Luck. I see this first hand all the time. I will be talking about Manning and bam someone has to bring up Brady and then I respond and then someone calls me a troll, homer, etc. I mean don't act like Colts fans here are not contributing. I mean just look how RG (the poster not the player)  was pounced upon and the guy said nothing other than he is happy the Redskins got one of the first two picks in the draft last year.

I think there are a lot of knowledgable fans up here and it is always good to have a second pair eyes on a player IMO. I certainly appreciate the debate back and forth and try to never take anything personal. Others seem to have issues with this. Afterall, it is game and does not change anyone's life one way or the other. This is supposed to be fun.

I too am tired of this thread

And we do have some members that want to talk about qbs.............. ad infinitem

But nobody is running to moderation

I guess if people want to state and restate their opinion about qbs over and over again, I'd rather it all be in one place rather than all over the boards

tidier this way

I can't post some insanely outrages message that way you can close it.

Everyone's life would be so much simpler then.

I suppose I can't say for sure who is running to mods as I have not been a member here for that long.

As Nadine stated, most of us enjoy talking QBs and a fair amount of the posts here have been quite neutral so I am not sure what all the fuss is. From a lot of what I see and read, when a rival poster does mention anything favorable about their QB, it is taken as a direct slight against Manning or Luck. I see this first hand all the time. I will be talking about Manning and bam someone has to bring up Brady and then I respond and then someone calls me a troll, homer, etc. I mean don't act like Colts fans here are not contributing. I mean just look how RG (the poster not the player)  was pounced upon and the guy said nothing other than he is happy the Redskins got one of the first two picks in the draft last year.

I think there are a lot of knowledgable fans up here and it is always good to have a second pair eyes on a player IMO. I certainly appreciate the debate back and forth and try to never take anything personal. Others seem to have issues with this. Afterall, it is game and does not change anyone's life one way or the other. This is supposed to be fun.

Wow, pot meet kettle. You are the king of finding ways to bring up a criticism of Manning.

Just from the posts I've read of yours, you seem to be a reasonable poster. There are a few here(Colts fans and a couple non Colts fans) that just seem to try to instigate trouble everytime QB's are brought up. I find it amusing when people that say their Colts fans, have nothing good to say about our new QB simply because they're butthurt that we let the old fella go. Players come and players go, there seems to be a few here that do not understand that concept, although it is much better than this time last yr..

Then there are a couple of non Colts fans that jump into every thread about Luck and want to tell us that RG3 or Wilson are better, then they don't understand why people are jumping down their throats. RGIII-the poster(not the player) is actually a pretty good poster that can have an actual debate, instead of trying to start trouble in a condescending manner. 

I actually agree with Braveheart, that a couple of posters come here to only rile people up and then they go along with a few other non Luck, RG3 threads just to gain the good graces of a few gullible posters that for some reason can't see through their ruse. 

Wow, pot meet kettle. You are the king of finding ways to bring up a criticism of Manning.

I am not saying I disagree with you, because I don't...

I do think if we'd all (myself included)  would be LESS critical of the way others post,  and MORE conscientious and careful about the way we word things, while we still state our opinions, it would sure help.

How long until Andrew Luck wins MVP? People made a case even though we knew he wouldn't. Can he do it as soon as next season. If Luck progresses like 18 did, we will be 12-4 or better.

What makes you think Luck will progress this year at all? He could, and probably will go the other way a bit. I don't think they will be close to last years record. I think they would be doing well if they get to 8-8 which is a lot better than I thought they would be this year before last year.... :dancing:

I am not saying I disagree with you, because I don't...

I do think if we'd all (myself included)  would be LESS critical of the way others post,  and MORE conscientious and careful about the way we word things, while we still state our opinions, it would sure help.

It's a football forum on the interwebs...I tend to just get to the point. But you're probably right

Just from the posts I've read of yours, you seem to be a reasonable poster. There are a few here(Colts fans and a couple non Colts fans) that just seem to try to instigate trouble everytime QB's are brought up. I find it amusing when people that say their Colts fans, have nothing good to say about our new QB simply because they're butthurt that we let the old fella go. Players come and players go, there seems to be a few here that do not understand that concept, although it is much better than this time last yr..

Then there are a couple of non Colts fans that jump into every thread about Luck and want to tell us that RG3 or Wilson are better, then they don't understand why people are jumping down their throats. RGIII-the poster(not the player) is actually a pretty good poster that can have an actual debate, instead of trying to start trouble in a condescending manner. 

I actually agree with Braveheart, that a couple of posters come here to only rile people up and then they go along with a few other non Luck, RG3 threads just to gain the good graces of a few gullible posters that for some reason can't see through their ruse. 

Nonsense. You just can't handle the fact that their are Colt's fans who are not sold on Luck. I am one of them. I have posted the reasons why and all I get back are excuses (bad line, no running game, forced to make long passes, etc.). Right now Wilson and RGIII are a lot better than Luck and the whole NFL world outside of Indianapolis says it all of the time. It is alright to be a fan full if irrational exhuberation but some of us try to keep a foot in the real world. Were some of us butthurt by having Peyton run out of town? You bet. The Colts lost lots of fans over that move. Just look at the difference in the way Brady has been treated in NE and Peyton in Indy. NE will never let Brady throw a pass for another team and neither should the Colts have let Peyton go for an overhyped and very overrated rookie QB.I don't try to cause a problem but this is what I believe and until some of you are willing to make a argument that is logical instead of just making excuses for Luck's horrid QB rating and absurdly bad completion percentage, this will continue. How about dealing with the fact that he doesn't get rid of the ball quickly and he fails to use his checkdown receivers? How about the fact that he constantly underthrows receivers on long routes? How about dealing with his accuracy problem of throwing behind receivers on short routes? :dancing:

Nonsense. You just can't handle the fact that their are Colt's fans who are not sold on Luck. I am one of them. I have posted the reasons why and all I get back are excuses (bad line, no running game, forced to make long passes, etc.). Right now Wilson and RGIII are a lot better than Luck and the whole NFL world outside of Indianapolis says it all of the time. It is alright to be a fan full if irrational exhuberation but some of us try to keep a foot in the real world. Were some of us butthurt by having Peyton run out of town? You bet. The Colts lost lots of fans over that move. Just look at the difference in the way Brady has been treated in NE and Peyton in Indy. NE will never let Brady throw a pass for another team and neither should the Colts have let Peyton go for an overhyped and very overrated rookie QB.I don't try to cause a problem but this is what I believe and until some of you are willing to make a argument that is logical instead of just making excuses for Luck's horrid QB rating and absurdly bad completion percentage, this will continue. How about dealing with the fact that he doesn't get rid of the ball quickly and he fails to use his checkdown receivers? How about the fact that he constantly underthrows receivers on long routes? How about dealing with his accuracy problem of throwing behind receivers on short routes? :dancing:

I think most all of us can handle it.  Seriously, we are fine with it

You're problem is that even when logical reasoning is brought up, you pass it off as making excuse's. Although, you would be the 1st to make excuse's for Manning's shortcoming's in the playoffs. This is your double standard and just prove's that you already had your mind made up that you were going to hate Luck before he ever even got to Indy. That is the fact, Jack, and you can't handle it. BTW: you saying that everybody outside of Indy knows that RG3 and Wilson are better than Luck is pure unadulterated nonsense. They're were plenty of analysts throughout the season that didn't buy into RG3's over inflated hype and said Luck is the best of the 3 because of everything he was asked to do and the fact that he had to follow a legend. Those are not excuse's, just more facts that you're unwilling to accept because you're still hurt over the Manning decision. It's that plain and simple and everybody that reads your posts know it.

heeh.ee.    I just don't know where to begin so I won't even try....

But thanks anyway for the comedic relief.   I really needed a big laugh after the IU game last night.

I think it's safe to say we have a bitter and delusional poster.....

Well, that may be but he doesn't call people names just because they don't agree with him. I don't think there is anything delusional about Luck's pitiful stats and how good the stats are for RGIII and Wilson and you don't even want to compare him with Peyton Manning. Now what if they had kept Peyton, taken the boat load of draft picks they could have gotten for the overhyped Luck and made the same moves they made last year with people freeing up cap room and making the same free agent moves they have made this year? Last years record would have been as good or better with Peyton even with line problems but what would he have done this year and the next couple of years? And you could have had Tannehill and Wilson in training... Why don't any of you ever think that. Don't give me the line that Peyton was damaged goods, Denver jumped all over signing him and he wound up getting more money than he would have gotten in Indy. If it hadn't worked out for Peyton, the worst you would have had was two great young QBs to develop and build a team around. The fact is and Indy fans won't face it, Irsay made mulitiple millions by dumping Manning and the rest of the team. That is all it was ever about..... :dancing: