Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Era vs Manning Era

Dark Superman

The amount of  :dancing: in this thread has forced itself into my new favorite emoticon. :dancing:

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:

Hey!!  :dancing:

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is EXACTLY how the Colts got to 11 wins and I don't think they will come close to that in the near future. Yes, he made great plays but the QB rating says he was the 31st best QB in the NFL. RGIII's better team doesn't make that much difference. Yes, I think Luck was poorly coached and he took a lot of physical punishment because of it but he is never going to get rid of the ball quickly and I don't think he will ever be a 60% passer much less a 70% one. I am just not sold on the guy and I was not sold before he was even drafted and before we all knew that Peyton was gone...... Time will tell but I will be on my opinion, thank you....

Your lost man that's all I'm gonna say!!! You do realize Luck had to throw 75% of his passes 25+ yds down field right. That was Bruce Ariens Philosophy,chuck it deep. So that would probably be why Luck had to hang onto the ball so long. Not to mention the high rate of drops our receivers had except Reggie. Also it would be stupid to say that having a solid running game doesn't help the passing game. It most certainly does! And both Wilson and RG3 had that benefit. They also had better O lines. You wanna know a big reason why the completion percentage was low?? Well when your QB is getting less than 2 seconds and having to run and scramble 70% of the time with the pocket collapsing and at the same time trying to get the ball 20+ plus yds down field accurately most of the time. Then you add the drops and lack of a run game on top of that. It makes things rather difficult. RG3 got to throw alot of screen passes and crossing routes. Alot of short quick routes. Yeah he chucked it deep at times but not near the amount Luck did. Plus he didn't even throw half as much as Luck overall because he had that run game to help out. Same with Wilson as well. Both had alot more help than luck. Plus for Wilson he had a top 10 D behind him as well. So there is more to this than just comp% TDs and Ints buddy. Those are surface stats and don't tell the whole story. Wait untill we run this new Offense and we get a decent run game with a decent O line. You say Luck wont be 60% percent comp guy ha!!! That's a joke! We will all laughing at you in the very near future I'm sure. Keep thinking or dreaming what you want though. But the day is coming very soon!

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, March 30, 2013 - duplicate post
Hidden by shecolt, March 30, 2013 - duplicate post

I think that is EXACTLY how the Colts got to 11 wins and I don't think they will come close to that in the near future. Yes, he made great plays but the QB rating says he was the 31st best QB in the NFL. RGIII's better team doesn't make that much difference. Yes, I think Luck was poorly coached and he took a lot of physical punishment because of it but he is never going to get rid of the ball quickly and I don't think he will ever be a 60% passer much less a 70% one. I am just not sold on the guy and I was not sold before he was even drafted and before we all knew that Peyton was gone...... Time will tell but I will be on my opinion, thank you....

Your lost man that's all I'm gonna say!!! You do realize Luck had to throw 75% of his passes 25+ yds down field right. That was Bruce Ariens Philosophy,chuck it deep. So that would probably be why Luck had to hang onto the ball so long. Not to mention the high rate of drops our receivers had except Reggie. Also it would be stupid to say that having a solid running game doesn't help the passing game. It most certainly does! And both Wilson and RG3 had that benefit. They also had better O lines. You wanna know a big reason why the completion percentage was low?? Well when your QB is getting less than 2 seconds and having to run and scramble 70% of the time with the pocket collapsing and at the same time trying to get the ball 20+ plus yds down field accurately most of the time. Then you add the drops and lack of a run game on top of that. It makes things rather difficult. RG3 got to throw alot of screen passes and crossing routes. Alot of short quick routes. Yeah he chucked it deep at times but not near the amount Luck did. Plus he didn't even throw half as much as Luck overall because he had that run game to help out. Same with Wilson as well. Both had alot more help than luck. Plus for Wilson he had a top 10 D behind him as well. So there is more to this than just comp% TDs and Ints buddy. Those are surface stats and don't tell the whole story. Wait untill we run this new Offense and we get a decent run game with a decent O line. You say Luck wont be 60% percent comp guy ha!!! That's a joke! We will all laughing at you in the very near future I'm sure. Keep thinking or dreaming what you want though. But the day is coming very soon!

Same old Luck excuses. He didn't go to his secondary receivers. He does not get rid of the ball quickly. He still throws short on long pass plays and he still throws behind receivers on short routes. Those things have nothing to do with the line, the running game or anything else. They are flaws in an overhyped QB and he does lead the league in turnovers and excuses...... You aren't going to change my mind until I see those things change. I don't think he can change them..... :dancing:

I just wish the ignore was better. Like you didn't have to see the name at all. Like he vanished from the site. That would be sweet!

Yeah I can still see his posts from the people who responded to him. Oh, well. I guess it's better than nothing.

I just wish the ignore was better. Like you didn't have to see the name at all. Like he vanished from the site. That would be sweet!

This mirrors the biggest problems in our society. They want to just ignore and not have hear anyone who disagrees with them. But, do whatever you like..... :dancing:

Luck had his biggest improvement from year one to year two in college. To think he can't do the same thing as a pro is just crazy talk. Especially after how he did play his rookie year. Luck is a bonafied winner. Then lets see what the haters can hate on then. Unlike most I'm ready to put my money where my mouth is. Taking all bets, Luck will have a better year than Wilson and rg3

Luck had his biggest improvement from year one to year two in college. To think he can't do the same thing as a pro is just crazy talk. Especially after how he did play his rookie year. Luck is a bonafied winner. Then lets see what the haters can hate on then. Unlike most I'm ready to put my money where my mouth is. Taking all bets, Luck will have a better year than Wilson and rg3

Perhaps an impossible bet to wage. How do you judge? But I agree, in principle, with what you say. Then some more.

Done in again with the "Curse of the General?" I used to be an IU fan but I guess I was really a Bob Knight fan. Now, I root for whoever they play against. They got seriously outcoached last night..... :dancing:

You could be describing my father.  He was a huge IU fan.  Even had the IU logo painted on his big, old satellite dish.  Then, Knight was fired and his world fell apart.

When Bobby got the job at Texas Tech, he tried to become a fan of the Raiders and subscribed to ESPN Full Court so he could watch all the games.  But, his heart wasn't in it. 

At times, he still pretended to be an IU fan; but he was happier when IU lost.  It was really rather sad.  My father became a fan without a team.  Just like you, his favorite team became any team that played IU.

Now, I have read your posts regarding Andrew Luck and while I don't agree with your opinions, I do feel you have every right to share them.  However, I notice that you are now starting to add a "happy, dancing" emoticon to your posts when you tell us how bad you think Luck is/will be and I have to question why that would make you want to dance and be happy. 

As a Colt's fan, I would think that you would want Luck to be successful even though you may have doubts that he will because Luck's success = Colt's success.

So, I am wondering . . . did you also used to be a Colt's fan; but now find yourself rooting for whoever plays against the Colts because Peyton is longer with the team?

You could be describing my father.  He was a huge IU fan.  Even had the IU logo painted on his big, old satellite dish.  Then, Knight was fired and his world fell apart.

When Bobby got the job at Texas Tech, he tried to become a fan of the Raiders and subscribed to ESPN Full Court so he could watch all the games.  But, his heart wasn't in it. 

At times, he still pretended to be an IU fan; but he was happier when IU lost.  It was really rather sad.  My father became a fan without a team.  Just like you, his favorite team became any team that played IU.

Now, I have read your posts regarding Andrew Luck and while I don't agree with your opinions, I do feel you have every right to share them.  However, I notice that you are now starting to add a "happy, dancing" emoticon to your posts when you tell us how bad you think Luck is/will be and I have to question why that would make you want to dance and be happy. 

As a Colt's fan, I would think that you would want Luck to be successful even though you may have doubts that he will because Luck's success = Colt's success.

So, I am wondering . . . did you also used to be a Colt's fan; but now find yourself rooting for whoever plays against the Colts because Peyton is longer with the team?

BINGO!!

Shecolt,  I don't just like your posts,  I love your posts.  You are so honest and  genuine and real....

Nicely put ma'm. I tried a similar tactic (post 221), but alas no response. Good luck, perhaps he will respond to the gentler touch... 

Good question and all well said. I certainly hope IU never wins another game. But, no, I don't feel that way about the Colts at all. I think the Colts made a huge mistake letting Peyton go. The greatest Colt of all deserved to end his career in Indy. But that decision has nothing to do with my thinking Andrew Luck is not the second coming and will never be a great QB. I hope I am wrong about that and I root for them to win every game but that might be difficult when they play Denver.... I thought before the draft that Luck was way overhyped and that he would never live up to all of it. I thought RGIII was better and I still do. I came to believe last year that Wilson was also better. I would have traded down in the draft and taken all of the boat load of draft picks that Luck would have brought to rebuild the entire team. You could have drafted Tannehill and Wilson to develop as your QBs and still been way ahead of the game in terms of rebuilding. I watched every game Luck played. I saw him underthrow receivers on long routes time and time again. I saw him get sacked and make bad decisions because he ignored his checkdown receivers. I saw Luck miss receivers by throwing behind them all of the time. If you take Reggie Wayne out of the equation and all of those world class circus catches he made of poor Luck passes, you will get a real idea of what you have. He was the second or third lowest rated starting QB in the NFL in terms of traditional QB ratings while RGIII was ranked third in that catagory. The fact is the Colts made a world class blunder in my opinion and I think they will come down to earth with a big thud this year. I don't think Luck is going to become a mid 60% passer and I think he will continue to make bad decisions and throwing the ball short and behind receivers..... I think Luck and Wilson will keep getting better...... This is just my opinion and that doesn't amount to much but all of the Luck idolizers only offer excuses for him...... I don't buy it.... The icon is only meant as a bit of humor based on my online name which is related to my real name. I don't mean anything by it at all. It is only for fun..... :dancing:

Nicely put ma'm. I tried a similar tactic (post 221), but alas no response. Good luck, perhaps he will respond to the gentler touch... 

You didn't try anything. I gave you an honest answer and you said you were going to put me on ignore because it wasn't what you wanted to hear. I am not here to please anyone but me. But, if you ask me a respectful question, I will give you a respectful answer but you might not agree with what I have to see and I don't think you can deal with that....... :dancing:

Same old Luck excuses. He didn't go to his secondary receivers. He does not get rid of the ball quickly. He still throws short on long pass plays and he still throws behind receivers on short routes. Those things have nothing to do with the line, the running game or anything else. They are flaws in an overhyped QB and he does lead the league in turnovers and excuses...... You aren't going to change my mind until I see those things change. I don't think he can change them..... :dancing:

Problem is yes he does make those mistakes at times but that only accounts for 15 to 20% percent of the problem. What I mentioned is the truth. He was put in bad situations many times. Some of it has to do with working with basically all rookie receivers besides Wayne and Avery. Incorrect route running and timing. That stuff takes time to develop. Everyone has to be on the same page. Luck made mistakes, sure he did but when he basically was the one who made the offense work at all. Him and Wayne and Hilton as well. All the weight was on him to make things happen in the air. And there again is where an effective run game comes in and helps. It opens things up for you. Luck did not have that. Therefore defenders could just sit back and play tight coverage. He had to force it alot or our offense would get nowhere. We had a hard enough time sustaining drives. And yes having to throw off your back foot or unbalanced certianly can effect your throw! Everything starts with your foundation meaning your feet when your a QB. Its the most important thing. That can change your throw alot if your footwork or balance isn't right. And having to scramble and run backwards or whatever direction can cause these things. So your wrong there. You seem to fail to realize what Luck did despite the turnovers and the situation he was in. That's what shows tons about him, his ability to bounce back and be resilient and still lead his team on game winning drives. Plus his leadership was great. Stats don't always define success! But believe what ya want. I just cant wait to laugh at you!

Good question and all well said. I certainly hope IU never wins another game. But, no, I don't feel that way about the Colts at all. I think the Colts made a huge mistake letting Peyton go. The greatest Colt of all deserved to end his career in Indy. But that decision has nothing to do with my thinking Andrew Luck is not the second coming and will never be a great QB. I hope I am wrong about that and I root for them to win every game but that might be difficult when they play Denver.... I thought before the draft that Luck was way overhyped and that he would never live up to all of it. I thought RGIII was better and I still do. I came to believe last year that Wilson was also better. I would have traded down in the draft and taken all of the boat load of draft picks that Luck would have brought to rebuild the entire team. You could have drafted Tannehill and Wilson to develop as your QBs and still been way ahead of the game in terms of rebuilding. I watched every game Luck played. I saw him underthrow receivers on long routes time and time again. I saw him get sacked and make bad decisions because he ignored his checkdown receivers. I saw Luck miss receivers by throwing behind them all of the time. If you take Reggie Wayne out of the equation and all of those world class circus catches he made of poor Luck passes, you will get a real idea of what you have. He was the second or third lowest rated starting QB in the NFL in terms of traditional QB ratings while RGIII was ranked third in that catagory. The fact is the Colts made a world class blunder in my opinion and I think they will come down to earth with a big thud this year. I don't think Luck is going to become a mid 60% passer and I think he will continue to make bad decisions and throwing the ball short and behind receivers..... I think Luck and Wilson will keep getting better...... This is just my opinion and that doesn't amount to much but all of the Luck idolizers only offer excuses for him...... I don't buy it.... The icon is only meant as a bit of humor based on my online name which is related to my real name. I don't mean anything by it at all. It is only for fun..... :dancing:

Thank you for your kind and thorough response. 

When fans heard that Peyton would no longer be a Colt, there were mixed reactions.  Some Colt's fans became Bronco's fans and I have never had a problem with that as I feel that being a fan of something is often dictated by the heart and whatever it is that someone is a fan of, it should make them happy. 

But, some of those who became Bronco's fans were extremely bitter to the point where they actually hoped that Andrew Luck would suffer a career-ending injury.  Now, that was beyond my comprehension. 

So, I was wondering if you were one of those bitter ex-Colt's fans who hasn't been able to move on and am happy to hear that that is not the case and that you actually hope that you are wrong about your opinions of Andrew Luck because I can't see any pleasure in being the former as I know how miserable it made my father.

I guess time will tell who is right and who is wrong about Andrew Luck.  But in the meantime, this is my favorite emoticon :banana:

Problem is yes he does make those mistakes at times but that only accounts for 15 to 20% percent of the problem. What I mentioned is the truth. He was put in bad situations many times. Some of it has to do with working with basically all rookie receivers besides Wayne and Avery. Incorrect route running and timing. That stuff takes time to develop. Everyone has to be on the same page. Luck made mistakes, sure he did but when he basically was the one who made the offense work at all. Him and Wayne and Hilton as well. All the weight was on him to make things happen in the air. And there again is where an effective run game comes in and helps. It opens things up for you. Luck did not have that. Therefore defenders could just sit back and play tight coverage. He had to force it alot or our offense would get nowhere. We had a hard enough time sustaining drives. And yes having to throw off your back foot or unbalanced certianly can effect your throw! Everything starts with your foundation meaning your feet when your a QB. Its the most important thing. That can change your throw alot if your footwork or balance isn't right. And having to scramble and run backwards or whatever direction can cause these things. So your wrong there. You seem to fail to realize what Luck did despite the turnovers and the situation he was in. That's what shows tons about him, his ability to bounce back and be resilient and still lead his team on game winning drives. Plus his leadership was great. Stats don't always define success! But believe what ya want. I just cant wait to laugh at you!

More *. It is excuses. I didn't make any excuses for Manning, I haven't even talked much about him. He didn't lose those playoff games, the team did. I thought Luck was a mistake long before the decision was made. I thought RGIII was much better and I still do. RGIII has over inflated hype? He put up the numbers, he won the games. Luck came into Indy as the mover over hyped player in NFL history. There are plenty of people including many experts who are not sold on Luck and believe Wilson and RGIII are better. I guarantee you the Redskins and Seattle think they are better. Washington thought RGIII was better before the draft. They think so even more now. Luck is old school. Wilson, RGIII and Cam Newton are the future of the QB position. I saw people here saying Luck should have been the MVP last year. RGIII had Rookie of the Year wrapped up after six games...... :dancing:

Hi is luck not like them? He can move just as quick but doesn't break as easy. Cam newton? You heard nothing about him last year, teams figured him out as they will rg3 and the read option fad. Wilson and Luck are true pure QB's with the ability to move. Kaepernick is better than newton and rg3. Had he played the whole season he might have the best numbers.

I hope you will be able to do that but I seriously doubt it..... too many serious flaws..... But, I won't laugh at you when they come back to .500 or less and Luck is still as bad as he was last year....... I am too nice of a fellow to do that..... :dancing:

Hi is luck not like them? He can move just as quick but doesn't break as easy. Cam newton? You heard nothing about him last year, teams figured him out as they will rg3 and the read option fad. Wilson and Luck are true pure QB's with the ability to move. Kaepernick is better than newton and rg3. Had he played the whole season he might have the best numbers.

Wilson is also a user of the option and a fine runner. I look for a big year from Cam Newton this year but his team is terrible.... but I think he will be great and I would sure as hell take him ahead of Andrew Luck..... :dancing:

Stop feeding this man. He is not a Colts fan. Ignore him and he will go away. If he really was a Colts fan, he would recognise some of the brilliant stuff Luck showed last season. We can all cringe at some of his rookie mistakes, but he led this team to more wins than 18 did in his last season with us. I bet he can't explain that.....