Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Era vs Manning Era

Dark Superman

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-tom-brady-dancing-gif.gif

This is the only video we have of Brady with fists clenched, in fighting stance. You tell me who wins...

Love it! Recently another Pats told me that when Brady had the long hair like in this video he wanted to punch him right in the face. lol. The only thing on par with this video is when he is on the water slide with his hands up in the air and Gisele is at the bottom to catch him. Tell me you have it?

Love it! Recently another Pats told me that when Brady had the long hair like in this video he wanted to punch him right in the face. lol. The only thing on par with this video is when he is on the water slide with his hands up in the air and Gisele is at the bottom to catch him. Tell me you have it?

If I were from Boston I'd cringe at some of the crap Brady pulls! But at least he's a pretty damn good qb, that makes up for it at least! Well, that and Giselle!

What I am wondering if the colts believe luck has some weaknesses that need covering. He did have a low completion percentage and int/td ratio. They brought in and continue to bring in Stanford familiars and now Pep Hamilton to bring in Lucks original offense. Are they trying to cover something up?

What I am wondering if the colts believe luck has some weaknesses that need covering. He did have a low completion percentage and int/td ratio. They brought in and continue to bring in Stanford familiars and now Pep Hamilton to bring in Lucks original offense. Are they trying to cover something up?

No, they're bringing in a guy who he's familiar with and an offense that he ran in college and excells at.

I will admit that I didn't know much about Wilson but I was sure impressed when I saw him play. So, go ahead and call people names and spew whatever you like. I am a tough old bird and I'll be right about this in the long run.

Russell Wilson is the real deal. I saw most of his home games at Camp Randall at UW-Madison. He reminds me of Steve Young. A pocket passer that can scramble not a scrambler that can pass from the pocket. Wilson can do either. He just prefers the pocket unless it crumbles & he has no other choice. Doug Flutie & Russell Wilson have very similar approaches to the game actually. Wilson is no 1 season wonder. He's here to stay for the longhaul & he knows when to slide, step out of bounds, & avoid big hits.  Fran Tarkenton  comparisons work too in Wilson's case actually...He's incredibly elusive...

Can we get this thread back off-topic instead of off-topic-off-topic? Let's go back to the 12 and Griffin debate, or we can actually get back on topic with the whole comparing of the eras thing. I forget which page that actually stopped on though.

I doesn't even make sense to compare eras since Luck has only been in the league for 1 year.  Everything else is just guessing and there are a lot of players that after 1 year did well and then later faltered.  Having the potential and living up to it are two very different things.

Like what lol?

Is he like Tobey Maguire in Seabiscuit, and trying to hide he's partially blind lmao

^such a vague reference. But I'll get away with it...........

Russell Wilson is the real deal. I saw most of his home games at Camp Randall at UW-Madison. He reminds me of Steve Young. A pocket passer that can scramble not a scrambler that can pass from the pocket. Wilson can do either. He just prefers the pocket unless it crumbles & he has no other choice. Doug Flutie & Russell Wilson have very similar approaches to the game actually. Wilson is no 1 season wonder. He's here to stay for the longhaul & he knows when to slide, step out of bounds, & avoid big hits.  Fran Tarkenton  comparisons work too in Wilson's case actually...He's incredibly elusive...

I think he will wind up being the best of last years rookie QB crop......

Watch this & tell me you don't think of elements of Young, Flutie, & Tarkenton....Yes, Wilson went to my alma mater so I'll admit that I'm a little biased. But seriously, he darn good & RG3 could learn how to avoid unnecessary hits from studying Wilson's game IMO...

http://youtu.be/8aiRWQo1B6E

I just hope for your sake you're not a gambling man. Cause you'll be living in a cardboard box at this rate.

I doubt it. I think Indy will be looking for the next QB in a couple of years when they throw in the towell on the great "Luck" experiment. I think Wilson will be a star for a long to come. RGIII needs to learn to protect himself but he is a star already..... Luck? Well, not so much....... yet....

I doubt it. I think Indy will be looking for the next QB in a couple of years when they throw in the towell on the great "Luck" experiment. I think Wilson will be a star for a long to come. RGIII needs to learn to protect himself but he is a star already..... Luck? Well, not so much....... yet... .

I believe they are all special in their own way but to speak as if luck is a failure to me is insane . With his leadership and not phased by the pressure shows in every game. No line no rushing game and no top ten defense and the arians long development plays are some blame on his stat flaws. And don't forget all the dropped balls and the five starting rookies on offense . And still we made it to the playoffs.

I doubt it. I think Indy will be looking for the next QB in a couple of years when they throw in the towell on the great "Luck" experiment. I think Wilson will be a star for a long to come. RGIII needs to learn to protect himself but he is a star already..... Luck? Well, not so much....... yet....

I wish I had more hands........so I could give this post 4 thumbs down haha.

^if anyone gets this reference we are instant friends.

Love having you around just for a good laugh!! How do you keep yourself from falling off the chair laughing as you type this stuff?

Btw, I do like Wilson over rg3po. Kid has moxy! Love his scrambling around to extend the play. Smart kid, very humble. Doesn't hurt being on a damn good team also.

I really try to respect everyone's opinions,  and try to understand and accept that we don't always agree with each other, and that we're all entitled to our own opinions, because  that's what they are  ~  Opinions....    but I have to say I think you are  way too harsh with your opinions of Andrew Luck.  

I admit,  I didn't WANT to like him,  he was replacing my all time favorite athlete on my all time favorite team, but my feelings changed as the season went on, and I had the opportunity to watch him and see him play.   He entered the NFL with an enormous amount of Expectations, and Pressure placed on him, and he handled it  very calm and cool and with maturity  at times that others would have had complete meltdowns...a result of this was the team had an amazing season  that no-one expected them to have..  Any way you look at it, it was an amazing, magical year no-one expected, and Andrew had a lot to do with it.

There's a good chance we'll be reading about RG111 in the obituaries some time next year from football he won't last three years

in this game just not tough Enough....

tumblr_lipie2Xc2C1qfx60o.gif

If you are right I will come and kiss you on the mouth.

If I were from Boston I'd cringe at some of the crap Brady pulls! But at least he's a pretty darn good qb, that makes up for it at least! Well, that and Giselle!

What crap? Dancing at a Brazilian festival that his wife participated in? The guy is one of the most followed athletes in the world. Everywhere he goes there is paparazzi waiting for him. He is the modern day Joe Namath - completely transcends the sport and pays the price in his personal life. I can assure you no one in Boston has anything but admiration for Brady. Not only he is the very definition of a winner and the best QB of his generation, he handles all that comes with it with class, integrity and humanity. I wish more of the Red Sox players were like him.

Is that what you thought of Manning too back in 1998? And he only won 3 games to Luck's 11 and playoffs.

I mean I get that you don't don't think Luck is very good but your certainty on his demise borders on obsessive. Qbs do make adjustments to their game - if Luck stops trying to force the ball down field than his INTs and incompletes will go down drastically. This is quite a simple adjustment that many Qbs have to make and do make. He will also have another year and off-season with his rookies to get even better not to mention Wayne who he was just getting to know last year.

As I stated before, if I had to bet on one QB to not be around in the next 3-5 years it would be RG as he has already sustained two major injuries to the same kneee and plays a very riskly style. In addition, Shanny is going to ask him to change his game which never bodes well for a player as dynamic as RG. I am rooting for the guy as I love watching him play - he is a lot like Jordan, something special can happen on any play. I would also put Wilson as a higher risk as well than Luck because of his size but he does not run nearly as much as RG so I give him more of a chance.

BTW, if you want to talk about having poor numbers go look up Eli's first four years in the league. They were horrible. Now he has two rings, two SB MVPs. Qbs evolve and change and get better. Luck has way more upside than you are willing to give him credit for.

What crap? Dancing at a Brazilian festival that his wife participated in? The guy is one of the most followed athletes in the world. Everywhere he goes there is paparazzi waiting for him. He is the modern day Joe Namath - completely transcends the sport and pays the price in his personal life. I can assure you no one in Boston has anything but admiration for Brady. Not only he is the very definition of a winner and the best QB of his generation, he handles all that comes with it with class, integrity and humanity. I wish more of the Red Sox players were like him.

You are right about the modern day Namath ;). Just no more photo shoots with baby calves, sheep, goats and crap lol

There's a good chance we'll be reading about RG111 in the obituaries some time next year from football he won't last three years

in this game just not tough Enough....

With the way 12's o-line looked this past year, I would be more concerned about him. I think both will last though, they're big dudes.

Can Tom Brady look any sweeter?  Maybe on a bicycle built for 2?   :woah:

bicycle.jpg

Or with his lil buddy Pee Wee?  

peeweebike1.jpg?w=220&h=250