Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think about this trade:

Angerer and Mathis for the Jags 1st round pick and Cecil Shorts? Wonder if the Jags would take the bait, they seriously need pass rush help, yes I know we would see Mathis twice but I'd risk it to move up

That has as much chance to happen as I have of becoming a billionaire before I hit the post Button.

Edit: I'm still not a billionaire.

That has as much chance to happen as I have of becoming a billionaire before I hit the post Button.

Edit: I'm still not a billionaire.

Meh, got to admit it certainly does have benefits for us, Not sure what the Jags cap situation is like however, Of course I know the trade is a little out there but, thinking outside the box has benefits if it benefits the team and that trade certainly would, we would add another good wr plus be in line for a slew of players to choose from in the draft

I agree with you, but the reasons stated in that piece about why it is unlikely to be Cruz the Colts are targeting makes sense, which creates the speculation about others, to include Fitz.  And when a guy like Rapoport, who I do respect as a credible source, also says Cruz would be 'doubtful', and 'shocking', it's back to a question of who.

Right I was really talking about Cruz at all I was seeing if there are any legit sources saying Fitz is who the Colts are after other than just wild speculation by fans of any team and shaky at best media people trying to make a name by coming up with something huge.  The short answer seems to be no there isn't. 

Just draft 1.

LOL  Can't now...front office probably scrambling to find a deal to save Irsay's face.  That's the drawback of having an excessively tweety owner broadcasting this stuff to the world.   Kind of fun and frustrating to the fans at the same time though.

Landing Cruz would be bigger than landing Kruger so not getting Cruz would be the bigger blow.

How do ya figure? We just got rid of half our pass rush in Freeney, We still have Wayne, Hilton and most importantly Luck who can has the ability in my opinion to make the most average wr look better then they are

Baldwin and Bess are both solid #2 receivers. I'd be happy with one of them.

Personally, I could possibly make myself content with either but it would depend on what we are giving up to do it.  However, I would expect the general perception by fans and media to be one of disappointment mainly due to the hype Irsay's tweeting generated.  If the Colts just kept this under wraps and announced a deal when done...it would be accepted by fans more for what it is.  Now..such a signing would not go over very well with most. 

I've been watching this thread since it began and was even late for work from going to sleep later than normal.

I just wanna say some of you guys are amazingly hilarious.

Im on the "Get Larry" side and would hate Victor Cruz if we have to give up picks and give him a new contract.

If this post ran a little long I apologize but had to show my Colts Affiliation and my views on this matter.

- EPIC THREAD