Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Levitre gone/titans got levitre (merge)

Jason_S, on 12 Mar 2013 - 15:18, said:

Super Bowl win and ring won't buy you a house/car/boat or anything else like that....unless you sell the ring.....for...wait for it....money! ;)

If I'm one of the better players in the league and a FA, I'd be more concerned with going to a contender, winning and then getting paid more.

Maybe I view things different, but no amount of money to me is worth being a Super Bowl Champion and having my own ring.

If I'm one of the better players in the league and a FA, I'd be more concerned with going to a contender, winning and then getting paid more.

Maybe I view things different, but no amount of money to me is worth being a Super Bowl Champion and having my own ring.

Or taking a trip to the white house to meet the president. Or having "super bowl champ" next to your name when they talk about you. I'd take that over money anyday

No don't get me wrong, I'd be the same way.  I'd gladly take 7 mil per year instead of 12 mil per year to go to a better team.  When you're talking about that kind of money, you're going to be set no matter what.  You may have to settle for a Mercedes instead of a Bentley, or a Porshe instead of a Ferrari....life can be tough that way. lol

But practically speaking in real life, having money will get you a lot further than being able to call yourself a former superbowl champion.  So I agree with your line of thinking but I disagree with the flat statement that SB win + Ring > Money.

:)

A lot of people act like they would take a Super Bowl ring over money as if it's the simplest decision in the world, yet time and time again people who are actually in the situation, choose the money. What makes any of you think you wouldn't do the same considering you have never been (nor never will be) faced with the choice?

By the way, I was not aware the Colts had a divine right to a Super Bowl in the next 5 years.

At the price? ha, no thanks.

These are the kind of players that the team needs to be finding in the draft. 

Polian had the right attitude about free agency in the broad sense. We'll make some moves, but don't expect anything to big.

Anton McGonnell, on 12 Mar 2013 - 15:35, said:

A lot of people act like they would take a Super Bowl ring over money as if it's the simplest decision in the world, yet time and time again people who are actually in the situation, choose the money. What makes any of you think you wouldn't do the same considering you have never been (nor never will be) faced with the choice?

By the way, I was not aware the Colts had a divine right to a Super Bowl in the next 5 years.

Who died and made you decider of all things money and Super Bowl potential? Money has it's end. History is forever. (Well, kind of)I'll take the fame and title, thanks.

Who died and made you decider of all things money and Super Bowl potential? Money has it's end. History is forever. (Well, kind of)I'll take the fame and title, thanks.

I think I am the decider of about as much as everyone else on this forum, which is nothing.

Congratulations on the fame and title, what position do you play?

Funny how the worry was expected money... 10 mil per year and such.  People were so concerned about that when the big thing for players is the guaranteed amount. expect to see many players to sign deals that per year will be good for teams. but high guaranteed amounts

What did he "decide"?  He simply pointed out that much, much more often than not, the actual guys who are in the position to make the choice (actual NFL players) choose the money over the chance to go to a contending team.  And he's right in saying that it's easy for any of us to say we would make X decision when we're not actually faced with that decision.  None of us posting here know for a fact what we would do if we were actually in the position to make the choice.