Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Levitre gone/titans got levitre (merge)

What did he "decide"?  He simply pointed out that much, much more often than not, the actual guys who are in the position to make the choice (actual NFL players) choose the money over the chance to go to a contending team.  And he's right in saying that it's easy for any of us to say we would make X decision when we're not actually faced with that decision.  None of us posting here know for a fact what we would do if we were actually in the position to make the choice.

I'm saying what I would do. It's like a high school player picking a smaller school over a chance to win a National title with a contending school. What's the difference? Team A offers me less money but is in the playoffs every season. Team B offers me more money, but hasn't made the playoffs in years and won't be anytime soon. I wonder which offer I would take. Hmmm... To be disgruntled on a crappy team and have more money? Or to be a contender, happy and have slightly less money.

That's a tough one.

Btw, Anton, congrats on reminding me I don't play in the NFL. I would of never known if you didn't tell me. Who is to say you wouldn't make the same decision as me to go for a contender instead of more money? If you wanna use that logic on me, then I will turn it right around on you.