Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what team will sign freeney

CR91

As mentioned in my article, a team that needs a short term solution at their 4-3 DE spot. I would also think it would be a team that is solid and is a potential playoff contender.

The Seahawks come to mind, the Falcons as well, and the Saints too.

As mentioned in my article, a team that needs a short term solution at their 4-3 DE spot. I would also think it would be a team that is solid and is a potential playoff contender.

i think the lions can be a very good fit mostly because offenses couldnt just focus on him with suh fairly and if they resign avril

Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas....   though I think the Cowboys want to move Ware to the RDE...   

Perhaps Detroit if they can't find a way to keep Avril...

Good luck Dwight wherever you go....

No way he goes to Detroit IMO. They have about 3/5 of their cap space tied together in 3 players. Doubt they could afford him

Titans don't need a DE. Morgan is a very good, and Wimbley is a solid pass rusher.

That's definitely not one of their needs.

He had 6.5 sacks last year starting a full 16 game season, Freeney could teach him, Wimbley had 6 sacks through 16 starts last year and is better suite as a weak side OLB in my opinion who drops back in coverage but sometimes rushes, neither have been consistent enough to be considered a terror for the QB to deal with, Zach Brown had 5.5, Its not there top need but they appear to need a guy that can give them double digit sacks on a consistent basis 

I think he could help Monte Kiffin and that Cover 2 defense with the Cowboys.

But in terms of cap space and 4-3 fit, the Bengals could easily maximize his output because they have good interior DL rotation to push the pocket. Bengals have the second most cap space after the Colts, if I am not mistaken.

Why would the Saints go with Freeney when they are looking to convert to 3-4.

The Eagles might consider picking him up because I doubt the eagles will consider going with 3-4 with that linebacker corp.

Maybe the Giants might consider picking up Freeney for cheap?

Exactly, a rich owner, a darn good defense HC, & a Playoff caliber winning QB in Russell Wilson. Pacific Northwest spectacular pass rush...I can already see Freeney doing his infamous tornado spin now.  :thmup:

Dwight-Freeney-.jpg

Weather reports are that a massive tornado is headed towards the Pacific Northwest.  It originated in Syracuse, wreaked havoc in Indianapolis, and could possibly be heading to the Pacific Northwest.  Quarterbacks are being told to stay as far away as possible

Weather reports are that a massive tornado is headed towards the Pacific Northwest.  It originated in Syracuse, wreaked havoc in Indianapolis, and could possibly be heading to the Pacific Northwest.  Quarterbacks are being told to stay as far away as possible

Freeney's production will be maximized on a defensive front where the DTs in the middle can really push the pocket, IMO.

Dallas, Cinci, Seahawks all fit the bill, IMO.

I bet if Lovie was still coach he would snag up Freeney. Could you imagine? Freeney and Peppers? Nastiest dou. If he did go to Detroit, that would defiantly be the a fierce line. Could be the missing piece on they Seattle Defense. But I think it'll be another cliche move, one in which a player wants a Super Bowl and goes to New England, though how well has that worked for players in the past 8 seasons. I wonder how much cap room the Redskins or Saints have. I love Free Agency, so many possibilities.

As a Colts fan and a south of Atlanta resident, I'm hoping the Falcons pick him up. Always loved Freeney, but I knew OLB wouldn't quite suit him.

That division is pass heavy enough with both Ryan and Brees. Atlanta would love to have Freeney against Brees. I still believe Freeney, if 100% healthy, would have altered the Saints SB.

Freeney's production will be maximized on a defensive front where the DTs in the middle can really push the pocket, IMO.

Dallas, Cinci, Seahawks all fit the bill, IMO.

As much as I detest the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones has never been afraid to open up his checkbook to land a high quality pass rusher. But Dallas is never gonna win a Championship anytime soon. HC Marvin Harrison is a good defensive minded coach. Maybe...

I agree CW.I want him out of the AFC./..Dallas, the NYGs..Atlanta....seem perfect

Atlanta needs to give DE  John Abraham some help & Freeney would fit the bill here. Plus, QB Matt Ryan just won his 1st playoff game & perhaps he is through his post season slump now. Plus, DC Mike Nolan can coach an attack laden defense quite well. It gave Peyton Manning a stumbling block as a Broncos QB for a little while. NY Giants eh? Exchange 1 Manning brother for another huh? Intriguing...Plus, Tom Coughlin is a darn good HC too. Freeney in the Big Apple. Hmmm...I still like Seattle the best for #93 myself. 

Makes total sense. Even as a misfit in the hybrid, he got a lot of pressure on the opposing quarterback. Not a lot of sacks or hits, but teams take great care to keep their quarterbacks away from our pass rush, and have for several years now. His impact was still very noticeable last year.

If he goes to a team with another good pass rusher, and that has some other playmakers in the front seven, he would be an immediate difference maker for them. I just hope it's not a team in our division.