Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your top 5 INDIANAPOLIS Colts games of all time

Coltswarriors

So, to help the offseason go a little bit until free agency lets go back down memory lane... What's your top 5 Indianapolis (not Baltimore) Colts games of all time? Mine:

1. Super Bowl XLI vs. Bears (2006 season) - This is #1 for obvious reasons. Being able to watch my favorite team finally overcome the hurdle and be on top of the sports world was truly one of the best days of my life.

2. AFC Championship Game vs. Patriots (2006 season) - Entertainment and suspense wise, this was the best game I have ever seen and will probably ever see. I'm so grateful that I was able to be inside the dome that day. Loudest game ever. Also, it was fitting that we had to beat them to get to the Super Bowl for the first time! 

3. "CHUCKSTRONG Game" Week 5 vs. Packers (2012 season) - The great comeback against the great Packers was by far the most exciting game in the 2012 season IMO. The emotion that came along with it and plus the amazing comeback was absolutely unbelievable. This game showed just the beginning of what this team could do this year and for many years to come.

4. "Rosencopter Game"  Week 5 vs. Texans (2008 season) - All day the Colts were getting thrashed by the Texans and their back up QB Sage Rosenfels. The Colts offense was inaffective all game... Then the Rosencopter happened and the rest was history from there. 2 fumble recoveries (one for a TD) and a sick one handed grab by Reggie Wayne sealed the game for the Colts in an exciting comeback win.

5. "Monday Night Miracle Game" Week 5 vs. Buccaneers (2003 season) - For most of the game it looked like this was out of hand. Offense was ineffective all night, but with 5 minutes left and down 21 the Colts went on a scoring spree scoring 21 unanswered points to tie the game and send it to overtime. Although, Vanderjagt tried to screw it up (missed his first kick, but got to re-kick because of "leaping" (lol)), but he barely made the 2nd kick helping the Colts to an improbable and exciting MNF win.

Honorable mention: Week 13 vs. Lions (2012 season) - All day the Colts struggled. Offense was up and down all day and Luck had one of his worst games of the season. Defense secondary let Stafford & Calvin Johnson tear us up. But when it counted, the Colts scored 2 touchdowns with less than 3 minutes to play and the defense got a stop when it was needed. Luck threw a TD pass to Avery on the last play of the game to win.

Those are my top 5 (6)... And hopefully many more to come. What's yours?!? :)

I would add to your list the following:

1. 4th and 2 vs. the Patriots in 2009.

2. Peyton's 49th TD pass to Stokley vs. Chargers in 2004, an OT win.

3. The entire '95 playoff run, even the loss at Pittsburgh in the AFCCG.

4. The first-ever MNF game in Indy, Halloween 1987, featuring Eric Dickerson.

5. Halloween '99 vs. Cowboys. Highlight game of breakout season. Deion Sanders tackled by Hunter Smith and burned by Marvin Harrison.

1) '06 AFCCG - At the beginning I think we all are were expecting the '03AFCCG repeat. Peyton and the boys lead the greatest Championship game comeback of all-time. Purely amazing! Depends on who you were listening to, but EVERY Colts fan knows the words of Jim Nantz "INTERCEPTED! Colts are going to the Super Bowl" or Bob Lamey's "Brady out of the shot gun again, this crowd roaring, makes the snap, sets up, sets up, throws one...interception Marlin Jackson! Marlin's got it! We're going to the Super Bowl! We're going to the Super Bowl! What a come back! What an effort and what a job by this crowd! The Colts are going to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1971."

2) The Monday Night Miracle - I was only 11 years old, but I will never forget that night! EVER! The anger I had watching the game in my living room to the complete joy of watching the comeback charge with the final 4 minutes! Amazing! I am so happy I decided to finish watching the game. Greatest comeback of all time. We were down 21 with 4 minutes to go. Hey Keyshawn how about the "Great Marvin Harrison" you were harping on? :thmup: Not until the fat lady sings buddy. I think this is the night we all learn with Peyton at the helm the game truly isn't over until 00:00.

3) Super Bowl XLI - No explanation needed. The night we were on top of the world. It only took the 10 seasons for me to see a Super Bowl. So the original Colt fans, and the fans we gained in '84 waited longer than me, but I think we all had the same amazing feeling that Feb 4th! 

4) 4th and 2 game - This game SPOKE greatly in how the league feared our offense. The greatest coach of the last decade was even scared to give us the ball. Plus it's always nice to whip those Pats.

5) Danny O keeps the streak going - This game may have not been for much other than pride. Thank you Danny O! You kept the Texans winless on our turf! Just throw left.

Honorable Mention: Any Johnny U footage I can find. I hope a time machine is built before my time is up. First thing I am doing is going back to the late 50's/60's/early 70's to watch the magic that was performed by Johnny.

So, to help the offseason go a little bit until free agency lets go back down memory lane... What's your top 5 Indianapolis (not Baltimore) Colts games of all time? Mine:

1. Super Bowl XLI vs. Bears (2006 season) - This is #1 for obvious reasons. Being able to watch my favorite team finally overcome the hurdle and be on top of the sports world was truly one of the best days of my life.

2. AFC Championship Game vs. Patriots (2006 season) - Entertainment and suspense wise, this was the best game I have ever seen and will probably ever see. I'm so grateful that I was able to be inside the dome that day. Loudest game ever. Also, it was fitting that we had to beat them to get to the Super Bowl for the first time! 

3. "CHUCKSTRONG Game" Week 5 vs. Packers (2012 season) - The great comeback against the great Packers was by far the most exciting game in the 2012 season IMO. The emotion that came along with it and plus the amazing comeback was absolutely unbelievable. This game showed just the beginning of what this team could do this year and for many years to come.

4. "Rosencopter Game"  Week 5 vs. Texans (2008 season) - All day the Colts were getting thrashed by the Texans and their back up QB Sage Rosenfels. The Colts offense was inaffective all game... Then the Rosencopter happened and the rest was history from there. 2 fumble recoveries (one for a TD) and a sick one handed grab by Reggie Wayne sealed the game for the Colts in an exciting comeback win.

5. "Monday Night Miracle Game" Week 5 vs. Buccaneers (2003 season) - For most of the game it looked like this was out of hand. Offense was ineffective all night, but with 5 minutes left and down 21 the Colts went on a scoring spree scoring 21 unanswered points to tie the game and send it to overtime. Although, Vanderjagt tried to screw it up (missed his first kick, but got to re-kick because of "leaping" (lol)), but he barely made the 2nd kick helping the Colts to an improbable and exciting MNF win.

Honorable mention: Week 13 vs. Lions (2012 season) - All day the Colts struggled. Offense was up and down all day and Luck had one of his worst games of the season. Defense secondary let Stafford & Calvin Johnson tear us up. But when it counted, the Colts scored 2 touchdowns with less than 3 minutes to play and the defense got a stop when it was needed. Luck threw a TD pass to Avery on the last play of the game to win.

that is an outstanding list....    

The 95 AFCCG @ Pitt I may add....     Indy lost but dang.....   it was EPIC drama...

1. SB Win vs Chicago

2. Chuck's Return to the Sidelines vs Houston at LOS

3. Last Year's Win vs Hou. That drive by Orlovsky was just beautiful

4. Arizona Game 2009 I think. We were at Arizona. Score was 31-10. Never forget the play where Freeney & Co. Had Kurt Warner running for his life haha

5. ANY & EVERY Game vs the Titans that involved a Bomb to Reggie Wayne while Cortland Finnegan was covering him. We miss you in the AFC South Finnegan!!! :lol:

I hate being a newbie! I just became a fan during the 2012 draft of Andrew Luck so all of my top 5 games came this year, LOL!

1) GREENBAY PACKERS GAME

2) DETROIT LIONS GAME

3) BEATING THE TEXANS

4) THE JAGUARS GAME ON MONDAY NIGHT PRIME TIME

5) THE NY JETS GAME (EVEN THOUGH WE LOST, IT WAS AWESOME TO SEE THE COLTS PLAYING IN MY HOME TOWN!!!)

1. Super Bowl XLI vs. Bears (2006 season) - This is #1 for obvious reasons. Being able to watch my favorite team finally overcome the hurdle and be on top of the sports world was truly one of the best days of my life.

2. AFC Championship Game vs. Patriots (2006 season) - Entertainment and suspense wise, this was the best game I have ever seen and will probably ever see. I'm so grateful that I was able to be inside the dome that day. Loudest game ever. Also, it was fitting that we had to beat them to get to the Super Bowl for the first time!

3. "CHUCKSTRONG Game" Week 5 vs. Packers (2012 season) - The great comeback against the great Packers was by far the most exciting game in the 2012 season IMO. The emotion that came along with it and plus the amazing comeback was absolutely unbelievable. This game showed just the beginning of what this team could do this year and for many years to come.

4. "Rosencopter Game" Week 5 vs. Texans (2008 season) - All day the Colts were getting thrashed by the Texans and their back up QB Sage Rosenfels. The Colts offense was inaffective all game... Then the Rosencopter happened and the rest was history from there. 2 fumble recoveries (one for a TD) and a sick one handed grab by Reggie Wayne sealed the game for the Colts in an exciting comeback win.

5. "Monday Night Miracle Game" Week 5 vs. Buccaneers (2003 season) - For most of the game it looked like this was out of hand. Offense was ineffective all night, but with 5 minutes left and down 21 the Colts went on a scoring spree scoring 21 unanswered points to tie the game and send it to overtime. Although, Vanderjagt tried to screw it up (missed his first kick, but got to re-kick because of "leaping" (lol)), but he barely made the 2nd kick helping the Colts to an improbable and exciting MNF win.

Honorable mention: Week 13 vs. Lions (2012 season) - All day the Colts struggled. Offense was up and down all day and Luck had one of his worst games of the season. Defense secondary let Stafford & Calvin Johnson tear us up. But when it counted, the Colts scored 2 touchdowns with less than 3 minutes to play and the defense got a stop when it was needed. Luck threw a TD pass to Avery on the last play of the game to win.

These are the same I thought of before I even read these. Great choices! These games will be with me for the rest of my life.

1. SuperBowl XLI: it's the obvious choice, but until we win the Super Bowl again (MetLife?), it's the automatic number 1.

2. CHUCKSTRONG game against the Packers: For two reasons: what it meant to us all as Colts fans, and the manner of the comeback. It launched our season this year.

3. AFC Championship 2006 against the Patriots: finally getting to the Super Bowl, and doing it against that lot.

4. AFC Championship 2009 against the Jets: I know a couple of Jets fans, and this one was personally very satisfying.

5. The 14-point comeback in 4 minutes against the Lions: Defined the Colts in 2012. Just could not write us off, no matter what. Remember going absolutely mental when Avery ran in the winning TD.

1.  2006 AFC Title Game.  While we didn't win the Super Bowl till two weeks later this was THE moment of that playoff run.

2.  4th and 2.  What Colts fan doesn't love to see the Colts beat the Pats and doesn't love to see them do it not only with a great comeback but an improbable stop?

3.  The Monday Night Miracle in Tampa Bay.  You know you have a great team when you talk about your team coming back from 21 down with five minutes to go and people have to go which one?  This was the first one and was just awesome.

4.  I am going to say the 95 team against the 49ers.  This was the game that kinda put the Colts on the map in Indianapolis and really started everything and to me is the moment you can look back on and say the Colts started to turn the corner from NFL joke to NFL power house.  That team went on to go to the AFC Title game and before that season the Colts had made the playoffs just once in their Indianapolis history and since then they have gone to the playoffs 15 of the last 18 years.  The games it's self was awesome.  It was the defending World Champions and it came down to a last second missed field goal by the 49ers and also featured a great defensive stand at the end of the first half. 

5.  I think the Colts/Packers game form this year goes here.  This will be the game that I think lives on much like the game above lives on from the 95 season. 

There are so many games that got left on the list including our Super Bowl win (it just wasn't a great win), a AFC Title win, and several unbelievable comebacks.  We are truly blessed to be Colts fans over the past 20 years or so even if we didn't get as many rings as fans would like. 

With most of the good ones already taken, what about this slightly alternative list:

1. Last years loss to the Jags, week 17. Ensured we snared Andrew Luck. Could end up an even better game than the SB in '07.

2. Nov 2005 - INDY 40 NE 21. Broke the Belicheck hoodoo after 6 straight defeats.

3. Jags 2006 - 375 rushing yards against. Was the kick up the jacksy we needed. The rest is history.

4. Ravens 2008. We trashed them 31 - 3 on the road. Clinical.

5. Our opening game as world champs in 2007, when we trounced the Saints. Giordano was fast!

Perhaps we should do our worst......

1. Week 16 v Jets

2. Super Bowl loss

3. Tanking against Volek

4. Vandershank

5. Perfect Patriots. We had them at the Dome and blew it....

1. Super Bowl XLI vs. Bears (2006 season) - This is #1 for obvious reasons. Being able to watch my favorite team finally overcome the hurdle and be on top of the sports world was truly one of the best days of my life.

2. AFC Championship Game vs. Patriots (2006 season) - Entertainment and suspense wise, this was the best game I have ever seen and will probably ever see. I'm so grateful that I was able to be inside the dome that day. Loudest game ever. Also, it was fitting that we had to beat them to get to the Super Bowl for the first time!

3. "CHUCKSTRONG Game" Week 5 vs. Packers (2012 season) - The great comeback against the great Packers was by far the most exciting game in the 2012 season IMO. The emotion that came along with it and plus the amazing comeback was absolutely unbelievable. This game showed just the beginning of what this team could do this year and for many years to come.

4. "Rosencopter Game" Week 5 vs. Texans (2008 season) - All day the Colts were getting thrashed by the Texans and their back up QB Sage Rosenfels. The Colts offense was inaffective all game... Then the Rosencopter happened and the rest was history from there. 2 fumble recoveries (one for a TD) and a sick one handed grab by Reggie Wayne sealed the game for the Colts in an exciting comeback win.

5. "Monday Night Miracle Game" Week 5 vs. Buccaneers (2003 season) - For most of the game it looked like this was out of hand. Offense was ineffective all night, but with 5 minutes left and down 21 the Colts went on a scoring spree scoring 21 unanswered points to tie the game and send it to overtime. Although, Vanderjagt tried to screw it up (missed his first kick, but got to re-kick because of "leaping" (lol)), but he barely made the 2nd kick helping the Colts to an improbable and exciting MNF win.

Honorable mention: Week 13 vs. Lions (2012 season) - All day the Colts struggled. Offense was up and down all day and Luck had one of his worst games of the season. Defense secondary let Stafford & Calvin Johnson tear us up. But when it counted, the Colts scored 2 touchdowns with less than 3 minutes to play and the defense got a stop when it was needed. Luck threw a TD pass to Avery on the last play of the game to win.

I'm ding mine on entertainment value :)

1. Packers colts 2012. I was at that game and I have never expenerenced so much in energy at any sporting game event ever .

2. Lions colts 2012 . Enough said .

3. Afc champ game against the pats .

4.superbowl win against da bears

5.colts vs the pretender texans @ home

1. Super Bowl XLI only because of the win. It wasn't the best game but it is hard to beat winning that Lombardi.

2. AFC Championship comeback over the Pats. A legendary game.

3. 4th and 2

4. Comeback vs. the Packers this year. The emotions were high and an epic second half comeback.

5. Peyton throwing TD #49 against SD

I want to say the MNF game in Tampa but I didn't get to see it live, only on replay. I'm sticking with games I saw live

For worst games ever excluding playoff losses & the superbowl loss...

Nov. 11th 2007 21-23 Loss against San Diego in SanDiego...

Manning threw 6 Ints...

Vinateri  shanked a last minute field goal...

I was there, it was rainy & was a hard game to watch, even though they still almost pulled it out...

Another hard game to swallow was the Season opener against the Bears & first game in Lucas...

I spent weeks leading up to the game talking alot of smack to some Chicago fans, had to eat crow...

1. Superbowl

2. AFC Championship V.S NE.

3. Belichecks 4th and 2 call, Colts were down big time and rallied to come back and win in a shocker. ( was at that game and most NE fans left already and thought they had won)

4. Luck V.S Rodgers "Chuckstrong game"

5. Colts V.S Dolphins on MNF where Clark set a TE record in a game and Peyton was scoring TD's in under a minute.

I'd add the 2003 home playoff win against the Broncos... it was the one where Harrison caught the ball, fell to the ground, was untouched, got up and ran in for the score.

It was a personal favorite because it was my first time in the stands for a home playoff win, and I got to go with my dad.