Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

browns new head coach

CR91

The Browns don't have a GM.  It's usually a mistake to hire a coach before a GM because they might look for different things and have different (and sometimes clashing) ideas.  I'm hoping this works out well because I feel bad for the Browns' fans as the Browns have been really bad for really long, but I'm skeptical

The Browns don't have a GM.  It's usually a mistake to hire a coach before a GM because they might look for different things and have different (and sometimes clashing) ideas.  I'm hoping this works out well because I feel bad for the Browns' fans as the Browns have been really bad for really long, but I'm skeptical

it could mean the owner plans to also be the GM

They are screwed, yet again.

What is it with these failed offensive coordinators becoming head coaches thinking that's going to fix something? He failed the Browns as an offensive coordinator in 2007 and 2008, and while the Panthers offense was better, much of that credit goes to Newton. This hiring is a joke, they don't even have a GM yet. I guess they should have kept Holmgren and the other guy they fired cause so far it don't sound like they have a clue what they are doing. Go after a GM first, then a coach second.

The Browns just sold themselves up again. Fire Shurmer and this is your replacement for him? The bad play calling will continue. Weeden throwing it 40-50 times will continue while Richardson barely gets any touches as usual after he will have some solid runs. And if they go for Norv Turner as offensive coordinator that is not going to help much at all seeing Weeden will still be there.

I dont like this hiring at all. I live around alot of Bengal fans and I had high hopes that the Browns would get it together and CRUSH the who-dey nation.

Not a fan of Cincy, but Dalton is the future I believe. That kid is going to be great if they keep building around him and not stay cheap like Brown tends to do.

Not a fan of Cincy, but Dalton is the future I believe. That kid is going to be great if they keep building around him and not stay cheap like Brown tends to do.

Yes he is their future, but alot of the fans here are down on his play this year saying he is over throwing alot of balls. And I think it is more play calling that got them beat in Houston than him. Why no throws to AJ in the first half. Throw it up and let him get it. He is the best receiver they have. And they all want Brown out of it. Or at least the ones I talk with. Only game I watched was the playoff game so just going by what they told me.

Cam is the one I would be worried about.    Who is HIS next OC going to be?  

Chud's name has been mentioned a lot the last couple years...       Let's see what he can do.     

McCarthy came out of nowhere ...           We just don't know.      

I really hope the Browns hit it on the spot.      I lived in central OH all through the 90's and it is the most football crazed state anyone will ever witness.   And when Modell left for Balt...     it was a very sad time.    Browns fans deserve a winner.

They can change O Coordinators, Coaches, GM, QB's, RB's all they want but absolutely none of that was or is the real issue, they need wr's that have hands, Gordon was a nice pickup but they are going to need more wr's then him if they are going to make themselves relevant again

Typical Cleveland, even with a new owner they are still doing things backwards. Should have hired a GM first then went and got the coach. Chud's isn't even a very good coordinator, although I think he got an interview with the Colts last yr.. I wouldn't be real excited if I were a Browns fan that anything is going to change. 

They are screwed, yet again.

What is it with these failed offensive coordinators becoming head coaches thinking that's going to fix something? He failed the Browns as an offensive coordinator in 2007 and 2008, and while the Panthers offense was better, much of that credit goes to Newton. This hiring is a joke, they don't even have a GM yet. I guess they should have kept Holmgren and the other guy they fired cause so far it don't sound like they have a clue what they are doing. Go after a GM first, then a coach second.

The Browns just sold themselves up again. Fire Shurmer and this is your replacement for him? The bad play calling will continue. Weeden throwing it 40-50 times will continue while Richardson barely gets any touches as usual after he will have some solid runs. And if they go for Norv Turner as offensive coordinator that is not going to help much at all seeing Weeden will still be there.

I disagree. The offense was the only bright spot of those Browns teams. He made Derek Anderson and Braylon Edwards look like all-pro's in 07, for cryin out loud. 

Yes he is their future, but alot of the fans here are down on his play this year saying he is over throwing alot of balls. And I think it is more play calling that got them beat in Houston than him. Why no throws to AJ in the first half. Throw it up and let him get it. He is the best receiver they have. And they all want Brown out of it. Or at least the ones I talk with. Only game I watched was the playoff game so just going by what they told me.

They should be grateful at least. Dalton has already proved himself in 2 years to be worth more than what Carson Palmer was. I always found Palmer to be overrated, never got the thrill with him. Brown needs to go, I couldn't agree more. He is cheap, by keeping Marvin Lewis this long. How many winning seasons has he had? What is so special about this guy?

I disagree. The offense was the only bright spot of those Browns teams. He made Derek Anderson and Braylon Edwards look like all-pro's in 07, for cryin out loud. 

You forgot 2008 when they looked like scrubs yet again after that surprising 2007 season, they flat out stunk it up in 2008 under this guy.

They should be grateful at least. Dalton has already proved himself in 2 years to be worth more than what Carson Palmer was. I always found Palmer to be overrated, never got the thrill with him. Brown needs to go, I couldn't agree more. He is cheap, by keeping Marvin Lewis this long. How many winning seasons has he had? What is so special about this guy?

I agree about Lewis, and Palmer should have been cut long before he was thats for sure. And I kinda like the Red Rocket too. He is already more accurate and a better pocket passer than Palmer. And he scrambles to extend plays when he has to. 

You forgot 2008 when they looked like scrubs yet again after that surprising 2007 season, they flat out stunk it up in 2008 under this guy.

No, You forgot that those guys ARE scrubs, period. The fact that they looked good for even one season is a testament to the job Chudzinski did the year before

Wow...  apparently Norv is considering going to Cleveland as an OC... 

Lordy Arians needs to make up his mind..  If Norv is out there Irsaay NEEDS to pony up and get him to Indy.    Turner is one of the best OC's in the business.    And his system is similar to Arians.

And Dallas hiring Monte K ...  dude is 73 years old and going to a 34 team.   Bad hire IMO.

Not really...  Cover 2 is hard to pull off.     IF the team has GREAT DL talent then is can work.   But does Dallas have GREAT DL talent?   Ware...     and?

Cover 2 NEEDS a BIG rush from the front 4,     and I don't think Dallas has it.  JMO

And Monte is 73....     I mean is he in it for the long haul?    Switching D's and the pressure of JJ hovering over your head?

I just think this is bad all the way around.

Well they are only doing the opposite of us. Maybe it will work for them like it seems to have improved us.

it could mean the owner plans to also be the GM

Oh sweet jesus! We have another Jerry Jones clone in the NFC... :facepalm:  God, I sincerely hope not...Browns fans really don't deserve another disappointing 3-4 seasons. You need to give the dog pound a reason to cheer for once.