Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

browns new head coach

CR91

They are screwed, yet again.

What is it with these failed offensive coordinators becoming head coaches thinking that's going to fix something? He failed the Browns as an offensive coordinator in 2007 and 2008, and while the Panthers offense was better, much of that credit goes to Newton. This hiring is a joke, they don't even have a GM yet. I guess they should have kept Holmgren and the other guy they fired cause so far it don't sound like they have a clue what they are doing. Go after a GM first, then a coach second.

The Browns just sold themselves up again. Fire Shurmer and this is your replacement for him? The bad play calling will continue. Weeden throwing it 40-50 times will continue while Richardson barely gets any touches as usual after he will have some solid runs. And if they go for Norv Turner as offensive coordinator that is not going to help much at all seeing Weeden will still be there.

Preach Bogie My Brother Preach...AMEN!!! Mike Holmgren was making great moves for that franchise & he knew just how to massage the draft & get guys at the right round & price tag too. Replacing Shurmer for this new guy is such an insult & slap in the face to all Browns fans. Is that organization cursed? I'm starting to wonder.

Not really...  Cover 2 is hard to pull off.     IF the team has GREAT DL talent then is can work.   But does Dallas have GREAT DL talent?   Ware...     and?

Cover 2 NEEDS a BIG rush from the front 4,     and I don't think Dallas has it.  JMO

And Monte is 73....     I mean is he in it for the long haul?    Switching D's and the pressure of JJ hovering over your head?

I just think this is bad all the way around.

I know going from Tampa 2 to 34 isn't the same as 34 to Cover 2. Obviously has a lot of different factors. Let us see how it works out for them.

Preach Bogie My Brother Preach...AMEN!!! Mike Holmgren was making great moves for that franchise & he knew just how to massage the draft & get guys at the right round & price tag too. Replacing Shurmer for this new guy is such an insult & slap in the face to all Browns fans. Is that organization cursed? I'm starting to wonder.

You mean Tom Heckert? Holmgren had a pathetic draft record in Seattle....he was actually stripped of those duties.

And I'm not sure Heckert is all that...drafting Trent Richardson and Wheedon were huge mistakes IMO