Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae "I Love being a Colt". So Glad to have you in Blue .

throwing BBZ

He is looking more and more comfortable in our system.  He didn't live up to the hype at first, but in the last few games, he started ballin'.  I can't wait to see how he does next year, with more experience in the system and a chance to get some good coaching from Manusky and Pagano

i rather go safety then corner in the first.

Unless we get a good corner via free agency then we need a high round corner.  There are no safeties worth taking in the 1st without reaching,  But we do need help at safety as well, hopefully we can get Jairus Byrd from the Bills from free angecy.

Unless we get a good corner via free agency then we need a high round corner.  There are no safeties worth taking in the 1st without reaching,  But we do need help at safety as well, hopefully we can get Jairus Byrd from the Bills from free angecy.

this years safety class is pretty good kenny vaccaro eric reid matt elam

You are correct, I trust Grigson to make the right picks. Hopefully with our amount of cap and if we have another stellar draft we will be set and keep building this monster

i prefer eric reid myself

were you happy with bethae this year? I've read some things that suggest the Colts would part ways with him and free up 4 million more in cap next year.  I feel he didn't play like he usually does this year but I wrote it off as adjusting to the new system.

were you happy with bethae this year? I've read some things that suggest the Colts would part ways with him and free up 4 million more in cap next year.  I feel he didn't play like he usually does this year but I wrote it off as adjusting to the new system.

bethea is still one of our best defensive players and if we lose him we have nothing at safety

I liked Vontae from the moment we got him.

He has a lot of talent and the first shutdown corner we have had in a long time.

The problem was that he was injured for about half the year so we didn't see a whole lot and didn't get a lot of playing experience in the system.

He is the difference maker on the defense.

He was covering Torrey Smith on Sunday right? Held him to 2 catches and had 3 pass deflection. He was a monster for our last few games and only expect him to get better next season.

Yep, if only we had a Clone machine so we could've made 2 of Vontae. Put the clone in Vaughn's Jersey and put the real Vaughn in the locker room tied up

*Sigh* Only if.........

All those guys are borderline 1st round talents. There's no Eric Berry or Earl Thomas type guys etc.. They are getting pushed up draft boards because of the importance of the safety position nowadays. I'd rather get a guy like Rambo or Philip Thomas in rd 3 or later. CB is far more important for us right now than S. I'm expecting Rhodes to shoot up draft board like Harrison Smith did and go to us in the 1st if we don't get an o-lineman.

All those guys are borderline 1st round talents. There's no Eric Berry or Earl Thomas type guys etc.. They are getting pushed up draft boards because of the importance of the safety position nowadays. I'd rather get a guy like Rambo or Philip Thomas in rd 3 or later. CB is far more important for us right now than S. I'm expecting Rhodes to shoot up draft board like Harrison Smith did and go to us in the 1st if we don't get an o-lineman.

i didnt say they were top 10 draft picks, but where we are drafting its a good position to take one of them plus i rather address CB and o-line through FAs

i didnt say they were top 10 draft picks, but where we are drafting its a good position to take one of them plus i rather address CB and o-line through FAs

did I say you mentioned them as top 10 draft picks? No. We pick at 24 I believe. These guys are BORDERLINE 1st rounders. Would much rather have Rhodes or an o-lineman at that spot.

did I say you mentioned them as top 10 draft picks? No. We pick at 24 I believe. These guys are BORDERLINE 1st rounders. Would much rather have Rhodes or an o-lineman at that spot.

you said berry and thomas which were top 10 draft picks

Davis was a great find.  The coaches in Miami just didn't know how to bring out the potential in him plus too many temptations in South Beach.  Makes me wonder what other gold may be out there that just arn't living up to potential due to poor coaching.  We have a great coaching staff in place - hope they find a way to entice Ariens to stay (Assistant Head Coach perhaps).  Like Grigson said of Pagano when he interviewed him - "Players will run through walls for this guy"!!

From what I've seen athere a a few safeties that are rated toward the end of round 1. We pick 24th , so probably wouldn't have to reach. Or we could pick up a 4th by trading down 6-7 spots.

Jarius Byrd will not be leaving frigid Buffalo. If he doesn't get a new contract , the franchise price for safeties is only around 5.5 million. 

i think Bethea would beneffit if he were to move to SS on this system, he never misses any tackle and he is good in run support..he aint bad covering deep zones but i think on this system moving to SS would be better for him and get us a new FS...i like Byrd for that spot

He was probablu the Colts' best defensive player in the last few weeks of the season, which is a great sign going into next year.

Love his style, and I think he has an extremely bright future with some pro bowls with the Colts.

Love having Vontae on our team. The day we made that trade, I was pumped because I had never seen the colts go out and trade for good talent(cough Polian cough). Everyone was calling him a bust and what not after just a couple weeks being in Indy but he got in shape and got comfortable in the system and look what happened the last stretch. He really picked it up and boy did we need a CB. Without him I doubt we would've made it to the playoffs.

Thank you Grigs for this move, I have a feeling we will see a lot of #23 for years to come.

Got

vontae has been great this year but i don't think will be drafting a cb in the 1st round. sam shields,mike jenkins,cary williams will all be free agents and all are major upgrades over vaughn. i think will draft a og or olb in the 1st round.

Got to go offensive line....cant be sidetracked