Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your ideal team needs?

NewEra

For me it would be a stud LT so we can move castanzo to RT. have Shipley start, plug in best available for g's.

I take a look at the wr from kc, having a brain fart right now

Stud SS and #2 CB. Move Mathis to freeneys spot, Hughes to mathis's. maybe a stud NT. but I think chapman, McKinney, MTV will be decent. I'd resign moala also, he was coming on strong.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our middle looks better with Shipley in for sure. I don't mind reitz or mcglynn they just can't stay healthy. I'm more worried about the edge. I think we get that right and have Shipley start it would be a big start

The guards have been horrible for the most part...especially in pass pro

The guards have been horrible for the most part...especially in pass pro

Not denying that. They have looked better with Shipley. I think they looked horrible more so cause they were mostly the back ups always playing in there. If we can improve without breaking the bank I'm all for it. I just think our edges were more of a concern. And Ballard needs to work on his blocking this off season. If brown can improve I have no doubt Ballard can

Not denying that. They have looked better with Shipley. I think they looked horrible more so cause they were mostly the back ups always playing in there. If we can improve without breaking the bank I'm all for it. I just think our edges were more of a concern. And Ballard needs to work on his blocking this off season. If brown can improve I have no doubt Ballard can

I agree with Shipley, but I thought every guard on the roster looked poor..starter or not. But yeah, I'm not sold on AC at left tackle either...he's still young though. If AC can't play LT I def think he can play RT.

We definitely need another CB to replace Vaugn he sucked today.  

I agree with Shipley, but I thought every guard on the roster looked poor..starter or not. But yeah, I'm not sold on AC at left tackle either...he's still young though. If AC can't play LT I def think he can play RT.

Totally agree!

I want to say offensive line, but fixing the defense isn't far off. It might even be ahead of the offensive line.

You look at all of our losses, Hou, New England, Jets, Jaguars, Chicago, Baltimore

How many of those losses was truly due to the Offensive line? Can you really point to the OL and say "That is the main reason for the loss"? Defense got gashed in the second half of the Houston game, gashed and burned against Chicago, burned against New England, Gashed against the Jets, and burned at times, Burned on the last play of the game against the Jaguars and gave up 100 plus yards to Jones Drew, Gashed and Burned today against the Ravens.

If we had a decent to very good defense this season, even with the O Line problems do you think we would have lost 6 games?

I don't think we would have at all. I'm not saying we shouldn't do anything about the O line, but the defense to me is almost hands down the higher priority.

O-Line was the major reason the colts didn't win this game today. Luck is the most hit QB in football, that just is not good enough for a playoff team. Someone said they are all for upgrading the O-Line as long as it doesn't break the bank, I would argue that Grigson do whatever he needs to do to ensure we have an elite O-Line in place for next season, as it is a far more important component in this offensive scheme than in most others. Luck needs time.

I want to say offensive line, but fixing the defense isn't far off. It might even be ahead of the offensive line.You look at all of our losses, Hou, New England, Jets, Jaguars, Chicago, BaltimoreHow many of those losses was truly due to the Offensive line? Can you really point to the OL and say "That is the main reason for the loss"? Defense got gashed in the second half of the Houston game, gashed and burned against Chicago, burned against New England, Gashed against the Jets, and burned at times, Burned on the last play of the game against the Jaguars and gave up 100 plus yards to Jones Drew, Gashed and Burned today against the Ravens.If we had a decent to very good defense this season, even with the O Line problems do you think we would have lost 6 games?I don't think we would have at all. I'm not saying we shouldn't do anything about the O line, but the defense to me is almost hands down the higher priority.

That's cause they need to protect the franchise QB. Fixing the defense will just take a tad longer

I want to say offensive line, but fixing the defense isn't far off. It might even be ahead of the offensive line.

You look at all of our losses, Hou, New England, Jets, Jaguars, Chicago, Baltimore

How many of those losses was truly due to the Offensive line? Can you really point to the OL and say "That is the main reason for the loss"? Defense got gashed in the second half of the Houston game, gashed and burned against Chicago, burned against New England, Gashed against the Jets, and burned at times, Burned on the last play of the game against the Jaguars and gave up 100 plus yards to Jones Drew, Gashed and Burned today against the Ravens.

If we had a decent to very good defense this season, even with the O Line problems do you think we would have lost 6 games?

I don't think we would have at all. I'm not saying we shouldn't do anything about the O line, but the defense to me is almost hands down the higher priority.

Couldn't agree less, this defense has been serviceable  they don't actually concede that many points. We don't put up big scores ever, and I place that on the shoulders of constant horrific o-line play. That said I would love to see another corner in, and a SS, otherwise I'm okay with the defense.

What did the O line have to do with Vaughn getting burned all over the field? What did the O line have to do with Butler getting burned in the end zone? What did the O line have to do with Ray Rice, and Pierce gashing us on run plays? What did the O line have to do with Ray Rice running for a 40 plus yard screen play on us? Defense, Defense, Defense is our main priority people! I think it is higher than the O line. I say we win that game with a decent to very good defense.

What did the O line have to do with Vaughn getting burned all over the field? What did the O line have to do with Butler getting burned in the end zone? What did the O line have to do with Ray Rice, and Pierce gashing us on run plays? What did the O line have to do with Ray Rice running for a 40 plus yard screen play on us? Defense, Defense, Defense is our main priority people! I think it is higher than the O line. I say we win that game with a decent to very good defense.

I guess if u wanna see Luck crippled by yr 3. And butler didn't get burned...he played it well, boldin just made a hell of a grab

Couldn't agree less, this defense has been serviceable  they don't actually concede that many points. We don't put up big scores ever, and I place that on the shoulders of constant horrific o-line play. That said I would love to see another corner in, and a SS, otherwise I'm okay with the defense.

Were they serviceable today, or in any of the losses we had this year? It's easy to say serviceable when you are playing lower tier teams, or good teams with Offensive problems like the Texans. When it came to playoff caliber teams, our defense was the main issue for the loss. The bad offensive line did not keep us from moving the ball or scoring in most cases.

I guess if u wanna see Luck crippled by yr 3. And butler didn't get burned...he played it well, boldin just made a hell of a grab

Do we need spend all, or even the bulk of our draft picks on O line to keep Luck from being crippled? No

BPA...outside of QB obviously.

This team is full of holes.

but if we had a chance at multiple positions of equal talent...

1.) OG - Our interior is the worst in the NFL in pass protection IMO.

2.) RT - Justice is inconsistent and we have no one behind him.

3.) OLB - Freeney simply doesnt fit this defense. He is still horrible against the run and doesnt get the pressure he used to.

4.) CB - Davis has started to come on lately but we really dont have anyone really worth mentioning after that. Vaughn doesnt belong on the field and Butler just doesnt strike me as a true #2 in this league.

5.) NT - Johnson is a decent backup but not a starter IMO. Chapman might be good but we simply dont know.

6.) S - Zibs isnt very good and Joe is a backup.

7.) WR - Just not a fan of Avery personally. He has inconsistent hands and is generally a soft player. I love Hilton for the future but we dont have alot behind Hilton and Wayne and Wayne is getting up there.

So where did those touchdowns come from today? I didn't say we didn't need to fix the O line, but I think the defense is a higher priority.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JWF" data-cid="382082"><p>BPA...outside of QB obviously.<br /><br />This team is full of holes.<br /><br />but if we had a chance at multiple positions of equal talent...<br /><br />1.) OG - Our interior is the worst in the NFL in pass protection IMO.<br />2.) RT - Justice is inconsistent and we have no one behind him.<br />3.) OLB - Freeney simply doesnt fit this defense. He is still horrible against the run and doesnt get the pressure he used to.<br />4.) CB - Davis has started to come on lately but we really dont have anyone really worth mentioning after that. Vaughn doesnt belong on the field and Butler just doesnt strike me as a true #2 in this league.<br />5.) NT - Johnson is a decent backup but not a starter IMO. Chapman might be good but we simply dont know.<br />6.) S - Zibs isnt very good and Joe is a backup.<br />7.) WR - Just not a fan of Avery personally. He has inconsistent hands and is generally a soft player. I love Hilton for the future but we dont have alot behind Hilton and Wayne and Wayne is getting up there.</p></blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JWF" data-cid="382082"><p>BPA...outside of QB obviously.<br /><br />This team is full of holes.<br /><br />but if we had a chance at multiple positions of equal talent...<br /><br />1.) OG - Our interior is the worst in the NFL in pass protection IMO.<br />2.) RT - Justice is inconsistent and we have no one behind him.<br />3.) OLB - Freeney simply doesnt fit this defense. He is still horrible against the run and doesnt get the pressure he used to.<br />4.) CB - Davis has started to come on lately but we really dont have anyone really worth mentioning after that. Vaughn doesnt belong on the field and Butler just doesnt strike me as a true #2 in this league.<br />5.) NT - Johnson is a decent backup but not a starter IMO. Chapman might be good but we simply dont know.<br />6.) S - Zibs isnt very good and Joe is a backup.<br />7.) WR - Just not a fan of Avery personally. He has inconsistent hands and is generally a soft player. I love Hilton for the future but we dont have alot behind Hilton and Wayne and Wayne is getting up there.</p></blockquote>Totally Agree!

For me it would be a stud LT so we can move castanzo to RT. have Shipley start, plug in best available for g's.

I take a look at the wr from kc, having a brain fart right now

Stud SS and #2 CB. Move Mathis to freeneys spot, Hughes to mathis's. maybe a stud NT. but I think chapman, McKinney, MTV will be decent. I'd resign moala also, he was coming on strong.

I think we are fine at LT, just need OGs to help Luck be able to step up in the pocket. I wouldnt mind both our starting OGs getting replaced. Reitz can be kept for depth at OG/RT.

We do need another starter opposite Davis at CB. Someone with size. Xavier Rhodes comes to mind. Vaughn and Butler can be kept for depth and playing the nickel. We do need another pass rushing OLB. Paul Kruger or Anthony Spencer would help. And adding another veteran NT wouldnt hurt.

I think we are fine at LT, just need OGs to help Luck be able to step up in the pocket. I wouldnt mind both our starting OGs getting replaced. Reitz can be kept for depth at OG/RT.

We do need another starter opposite Davis at CB. Someone with size. Xavier Rhodes comes to mind. Vaughn and Butler can be kept for depth and playing the nickel. We do need another pass rushing OLB. Paul Kruger or Anthony Spencer would help. And adding another veteran NT wouldnt hurt.

I like the way you think, but Rhides could be gone before we pick. CBS has him as the #2 CB in the draft, but you never know what'll happen on draft day. I hope we pounce on him of he's there when we pick. Of course, if there is a stud O lineman there, it would be a tough call.

the o-line is more important because that is protecting the most valuable part of the team. without luck, the colts are cleveland.

Just a note to people not mentioning OLB....this team is still bad against the run and the outside run has been our Achilles for the most part. The Texans in the first matchup, the Chiefs and the Ravens today are some of the games worth citing as recent examples of our horrendous defense against runs to the edge. One part of this to me has been injuries and a lack of talent at NT and DE but the big problem ive seen has been our OLBs not setting the edge well or overrunning their contain.

I will always be grateful for what Freeney has meant to this team but he just doesnt fit this defense. He hasnt been able to get effective pressure when standing up and he has always been a below average run defender. Its time to move on. Mathis has been good as expected but we just dont have any viable OLBs behind him. Hughes has been better but doesnt belong as a starter.