Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Satele's Head Bob

John Waylon

I honestly don't think Satele's "head bob" has anything at all to do with how the Colts are performing today. This is honestly the worst I've ever seen Luck play. His throws are everywhere except where they need to be. This is just a dismal performance from everybody on the team today. They are lucky they are not getting blown out of the building. Pathetic display of football today.

I honestly don't think Satele's "head bob" has anything at all to do with how the Colts are performing today. This is honestly the worst I've ever seen Luck play. His throws are everywhere except where they need to be. This is just a dismal performance from everybody on the team today. They are lucky they are not getting blown out of the building. Pathetic display of football today.

I never said it was why we were behind today. But defenses have piced up on it and it's leading to easy pressure for the defense which impacts the throw Luck intends to make.

I never said it was why we were behind today. But defenses have piced up on it and it's leading to easy pressure for the defense which impacts the throw Luck intends to make.

I think that has more to do with they just suck more than anything else. I have tried all season to defend this O-line but their play is inexcusable. This line can't run block to save its life therefore forcing Luck to throw the ball 50 times a game. Thats why its easy for the opposing defense. They already know going in that we can't run the ball at all and Luck will be throwing constantly.

our pass rush is horrible, our secondary is turrible, our interiour offensive line line crap, and our quarterback is lost....................................ON THE ROAD!! we deserve to lose this game, calvin johnson beat us today

I think that has more to do with they just suck more than anything else. I have tried all season to defend this O-line but their play is inexcusable. This line can't run block to save its life therefore forcing Luck to throw the ball 50 times a game. Thats why its easy for the opposing defense. They already know going in that we can't run the ball at all and Luck will be throwing constantly.

Sure, the line isnt great. But when the defense is in motion a half a second before the line is because of Satele's apparent inability to snap the ball without looking is only compounding those issues.

• 1 month later...
We had Olsen in for Link at one point due an injury and Sowell is playing right tackle that and the ravens are really good at what they do are the real issues.

Its the exact same thing as them figuring out the snap count and not changing it. It doesn't matter whose in there or whose not, when they are moving before we are our backs are already against the wall. Whose in there just compounds it.

Shipley EARNED the center spot.

I fell outa my chair when I saw Olson. But I`m OK.

Game of inches when Mathis blew up Rice and Ray cut in and Flacco threw a perfect oass. How it goes sometimes.

Andrew just doesn`t see what is about to come open and compounds that with inaccuracy. UUUUUUUUUUUUGH!

But we gottem' where we want`em. :0 Go Colts!

Satele had one incredibly terrible ultra high snap that Luck had to pull a Lebron James to get lol.

I supported him at the beginning of the season, but not so much now. He might be better however with better players around him. I'm also not a big fan of the head bob, I noticed that all game.

That hair man....that hair. A big 'ol red-flag saying "GO NOW".

All my petty complaints aside, if that game is played here, Ray Ray is boarding a plane right now thinking of exactly what to say when he announces his un-retirement in a few months. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to dig up this old thread because so many said Satele gives away the snap count by doing his head bob, so I started watching other center's from other games and guess what? Almost everyone does the same thing. I.E. turn on the San Fran/Atlanta game and watch.

Yeah I just saw 9ers center do it.

I told others he wasn't doing anything other center's didn't do, but they argued that he was hurting us by giving away the snap count. I think almost every center does it especially when playing in a loud environment.

I told others he wasn't doing anything other center's didn't do, but they argued that he was hurting us by giving away the snap count. I think almost every center does it especially when playing in a loud environment.

Yeah, I've honestly never really payed attention to it until now. Lol

It's particularly pronounced on shotgun snaps. An easy fix would be to wait a two-count before snapping the ball.

Ravens center has a whole rain dance he does before he snaps the ball.

Yep, He does the head bob almost every snap too. Matt Birk is his name and he's a 6 time pro bowler. This is why I found it comical that so many were saying that Satele doing this was hurting our O-line and giving away snap counts. It has nothing to do with anything. Most centers do this and I didn't even ever really notice it(or pay any attention to it) til people were making such a big deal out of Satele doing it.

Yep, He does the head bob almost every snap too. Matt Birk is his name and he's a 6 time pro bowler. This is why I found it comical that so many were saying that Satele doing this was hurting our O-line and giving away snap counts. It has nothing to do with anything. Most centers do this and I didn't even ever really notice it(or pay any attention to it) til people were making such a big deal out of Satele doing it.

Im not sure if part of Sateles problem is his head bob, perhaps it could be depending on the game and situation, Im 99.9 percent certain however that his biggest problem is immediately after the snap of the ball he gets caught leaning to far forward making it pretty easy for a D Lineman thats roughly around his size or much bigger to blow by him or just throw him out of the way quite a few times

Yeah I just saw 9ers center do it.

Ha did you see when they drew their second delay of game penalty because the center forgot the count. Kapernick was back there screaming at him to snap it almost. 

Im not sure if part of Sateles problem is his head bob, perhaps it could be depending on the game and situation, Im 99.9 percent certain however that his biggest problem is immediately after the snap of the ball he gets caught leaning to far forward making it pretty easy for a D Lineman thats roughly around his size or much bigger to blow by him or just throw him out of the way quite a few times

I bow to to your knowledge of the murky world of the trenches, but he does seem to get man handled a lot. It's only an eye test I know but our running game does seem to pick up with Shipley in. He just looks mean too!

so ur not sure...  ;)

so ur not sure...  ;)

Well clearly I am no professional but I have almost all of the Colts games on DVR and have ran through most of them in slow motion and have seen that he does in fact lean forward off the snap of the ball (perhaps trying to anticipate the NT in front of him getting off the ball quick) but that causes alot of his problems, because bigger, stronger NT can just use that momentum against him and throw him down or fast NT can just blow right past him

Well clearly I am no professional but I have almost all of the Colts games on DVR and have ran through most of them in slow motion and have seen that he does in fact lean forward off the snap of the ball (perhaps trying to anticipate the NT in front of him getting off the ball quick) but that causes alot of his problems, because bigger, stronger NT can just use that momentum against him and throw him down or fast NT can just blow right past him

lol.  i was just messing with ya on the .1% you left off...  have you seen the ball park frank commercial?