Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis (+4 1/2) at Detroit

oldunclemark

I dont like our odds here..It would have to get to 6 or 7 for you to jump with the Colts...

This spread might get higher as the week goes on....because I think lots of folks are becoming intrigued with Indy and want

them to win....upping that spread a point or two would get more Indy bets......But Detroit scores a lot and can cover 4 /12

It depends which Detroit Team you get. Do you get the Playoff Contending Lions? Or do you get the Criminal Lions with the Unsportsmanlike Penalties, DUI's, Fighting, Etc.?

All depends on who shows up.................

They are a high powered bunch..and we sometimes arent on the road...Detroit looked very good last Thursday

Lions have no reason to quit .they're just 2 back of the last wild card slot

This makes sense considering the Lions have the #2 overall offense, compared to the Colts at #5. Their overall defense is ranked 13th in the league while the Colts are at 20.

So they have a better performing offense and a better performing defense. We will have to play a heck of a game to win. Of course stats don't tell the whole story, and that's why we play the games.

Unless we establish shorter passes for Luck to get the ball out quicker, I think it will be a blowout.

It will depend on how many penalties the Lions create for themselves. Also if Vontae is healthy, it could better our chances of victory.

Everyone worries about Suh, but I would worry about Cliff Avril or Vanden Bosch. Those guys are very good and very physical and it could get out of hand quick if both guys get sacks.

this game comes down to whether we play control offense and limiting their possessions or it becomes a shootout. if its a shootout we are not winning. chalk up 200 yards and two tds for calvin because theres no one that can cover him.

This makes sense considering the Lions have the #2 overall offense, compared to the Colts at #5. Their overall defense is ranked 13th in the league while the Colts are at 20.

So they have a better performing offense and a better performing defense. We will have to play a heck of a game to win. Of course stats don't tell the whole story, and that's why we play the games.

The 2 stats that jump out at me are 7-4 and 4-7.

The 2 stats that jump out at me are 7-4 and 4-7.

I like those stats!

But to be fair, the Lions have lost tough games to the Niners, Packers, Texans, Bears, and Vikings. Those are not easy games to win, and it's possible that if we had their schedule, we may have a similar record.

I like those stats!

But to be fair, the Lions have lost tough games to the Niners, Packers, Texans, Bears, and Vikings. Those are not easy games to win, and it's possible that if we had their schedule, we may have a similar record.

if I recall right we play/played all those teams except the 49ers plus we have the Texans twice

if I recall right we play/played all those teams except the 49ers plus we have the Texans twice

You are right, but my point is that the Lions aren't as bad as some may think. They've had a really difficult schedule. Let me get a little "football nerdy" here and fully explain.

I get that every team in the NFL is a tough out, and that you have to fully prepare for every team and every game. However, when facing teams like the Niners, Texans, Bears, Packers and the Vikings twice, who are all good teams, you have to have extra focus. Even teams that they have beaten, the Titans, the Rams, the jags and the Seahaws are tough teams. (Jags not so much, but Seahawks are a tough defensive team). A tough schedule takes a toll mentally and especially physically. We should know all too well the effect of having injuries. This is more likely to happen against stout defenses. The Lions have faced most of theleagues toughest defenses and have a losing record. This isn't surprising, however, we are not among the leagues top defenses and that's my reason for concern.

You are right, but my point is that the Lions aren't as bad as some may think. They've had a really difficult schedule. Let me get a little "football nerdy" here and fully explain.

I get that every team in the NFL is a tough out, and that you have to fully prepare for every team and every game. However, when facing teams like the Niners, Texans, Bears, Packers and the Vikings twice, who are all good teams, you have to have extra focus. Even teams that they have beaten, the Titans, the Rams, the jags and the Seahaws are tough teams. (Jags not so much, but Seahawks are a tough defensive team). A tough schedule takes a toll mentally and especially physically. We should know all too well the effect of having injuries. This is more likely to happen against stout defenses. The Lions have faced most of theleagues toughest defenses and have a losing record. This isn't surprising, however, we are not among the leagues top defenses and that's my reason for concern.

Flash is 100% right..

The Lions shredded Houston's defense on Thanksgiving Day and lost on a bad call and a kick that hit the goal post..

Over-under is 51...OVER is a very good bet this week...

well im expecting a lions blow out anyway. Anytime we get blown out by a sorry jets team on the road I see noway we beat detriot. Luck's only two road wins were against division rivals and niether one of them were impressive. one td versus the titans and 0 passing tds second time versus jags. Not to mention he only threw one td against the bills at home and Luck plays worse on the road. I'll say the lions front is argubly better than the bills. I'll be surprised if Luck throws any tds versus the lions. He might have a couple pick 6s and a fumble or two. Either way this game could get ugly fast.

well im expecting a lions blow out anyway. Anytime we get blown out by a sorry jets team on the road I see noway we beat detriot. Luck's only two road wins were against division rivals and niether one of them were impressive. one td versus the titans and 0 passing tds second time versus jags. Not to mention he only threw one td against the bills at home and Luck plays worse on the road. I'll say the lions front is argubly better than the bills. I'll be surprised if Luck throws any tds versus the lions. He might have a couple pick 6s and a fumble or two. Either way this game could get ugly fast.

Detroit is better than Buffalo but the Lions' secondary has injuries...

You'll be surprised..Andrew Luck will throw more than one TD..

Believe it or not I like our chances against the Lions. The Lions this year had high expectations going for them based on their season last year. But it turned out to be a disaster this year for them. But then again they could win if Calvin Johnson gets hot, if he doesn't, then in my opinion it means a win for the good guys.

Lions are out of the playoff race. So the Packers/Texans stuck the needle in them.

Now they are just playing for pride unless a miracle happens and overall they can be a pretty stupid team IMO. I thought they were pretty lucky in many games last year too and worse then their record.

We are the more poised team believe it or not despite the youth. And I do like that the game is in Detroit and not a big market baby like NE/NY/Chicago with the big lights and flash.

I have not felt nervous about this game all week nor have I really thought a ton about it. I do think we win but either outcome wouldn't stun me.

Flash is 100% right..

The Lions shredded Houston's defense on Thanksgiving Day and lost on a bad call and a kick that hit the goal post..

Over-under is 51...OVER is a very good bet this week...

Yeah well, coming off an OT game 4 days prior and playing with half your starting defense injured, it's a bit hard.

And boo hoo on the 'bad call', Alan Ball dropped a sure pick in the end zone earlier that would have negated a TD that came just one play later.

And Graham missed the FG in overtime before Hanson, which would have won the game right there.

Coulda woulda shoulda's do not exist in pro sports.

Its winnable..but we have to score 28, 31 35..and we havent been doing that

The Lions defense isn't very good other than the D line. In most games we tend to hold the ball for a fairly long time. I think that is going to weigh into how many opportunities Stafford and Johnson get to score. I think this game will be the same as usual for us in time of possesion. If they give us trouble with our deep game, I think Arians will make the adjustment and start hitting some short passes to continue the time of possesion. I'm almost certain that's how we will play the Lions. Keep Away Ball....

Lions are out of the playoff race. So the Packers/Texans stuck the needle in them.

Now they are just playing for pride unless a miracle happens and overall they can be a pretty stupid team IMO. I thought they were pretty lucky in many games last year too and worse then their record.

We are the more poised team believe it or not despite the youth. And I do like that the game is in Detroit and not a big market baby like NE/NY/Chicago with the big lights and flash.

I have not felt nervous about this game all week nor have I really thought a ton about it. I do think we win but either outcome wouldn't stun me.

They definitely can be a stupid team. I kept saying to myself during that Lions game that Detroit would lose due to stupidity. It looked like they would pull it out, but I knew they would blow it.

I was okay with your "good team" list until I saw the Vikings. I didn't feel their D, or O was all that great when we played them, and I still don't think they are that good of a team. I think our Colts are a better squad overall than the Vikings. I think we have much ability to go there and get a win. My biggest question is how will Luck play. I think the defense will do enough to get us a win.

Yeah well, coming off an OT game 4 days prior and playing with half your starting defense injured, it's a bit hard.

And boo hoo on the 'bad call', Alan Ball dropped a sure pick in the end zone earlier that would have negated a TD that came just one play later.

And Graham missed the FG in overtime before Hanson, which would have won the game right there.

Coulda woulda shoulda's do not exist in pro sports.

You miss the point....which is....5 in not enough but the over ..with these defenses...is almost a sure thing