Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We were better than Miami

oldunclemark

i know the final score says this but all week i/we heard about how Miami would win decisively because they were so much

strong in all phases of the game...

..the Miami defense..which I heard was one of the league's best..gave up 500 yards/..

Either Miami was slightly overrated...the Colts are better than we think

...home field means a ton in Indy

(or all of the above) :)

I think Miami was over hyped a bit. They are a solid well rounded team but nothing too special. I do think they have a nice future with Tannehill though.

What's even more encouraging is as the season goes on the Colts should only continue to get better. So much room for improvement still yet they are 5-3 right now. How they respond to the game in Jax will tell us alot. A chance to go 6-3. I am almost ready to get with Unc on the playoff express. :D

I think Miami was over hyped a bit. They are a solid well rounded team but nothing too special. I do think they have a nice future with Tannehill though.

What's even more encouraging is as the season goes on the Colts should only continue to get better. So much room for improvement still yet they are 5-3 right now. How they respond to the game in Jax will tell us alot. A chance to go 6-3. I am almost ready to get with Unc on the playoff express. :D

Good seats still available! Jump on board...

I'm doin' fine..on Cloud 9.... :cloud9:

We played very well today. I think the passing game was the best we've seen so far, and the receivers, despite some obvious drops, played well. As proof, two guys on our team had over 100-yards receiving. You wold instantly assume Wayne would be one of them, but the other receivers stepped up. Hilton and Avery led the way today.

I think we were the better team today, but Miami has a good future. Solid team overall

Miami is good..I didnt mean to say that.....that TD run Bush laid on us was all-pro

.but you know what..as inexpereinced as we are

The Colts have a winning team....not a losing team. Not a .500 team.....

But a winning team...

....a winning team that was 2-14 last year and 0-8 after 8 games

Congratulations guys. You have a very good quarterback on your hands already. It was very frustrating watching him getting away from our defensive line's grasp multiple times. I don't think many quarterbacks could do that in this league the way he did. This was a bad day for our secondary which was exposed... we have a bunch of dimebacks in our secondary outside of Sean Smith (who had his worst game of the season) IMO. I'm not trying to take anything away from Luck because he was phenomenal. It's pretty sad when I had to hope for third and short because I have more faith in stopping your running game than Luck throwing a 10-12 yard completion.

Anyway I couldn't start a thread myself because of posting privileges so I thought I'd at least say something rather than being one of those guys who talked a little bit then ran away. I doubt you'll see me until we play again (which it's looking like this could be the first of many Luck vs Tannehill battles) so best of luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Miami is good..I didnt mean to say that.....that TD run Bush laid on us was all-pro

.but you know what..as inexpereinced as we are

The Colts have a winning team....not a losing team. Not a .500 team.....

But a winning team...

....a winning team that was 2-14 last year and 0-8 after 8 games

So was the hit that Cassius laid on Bush after the TD. I cannot stand Bush and was so happy that Cassius popped him. The 15yd penalty gave us the ball at the 20. Definately worth the 15yds in my opinion

So was the hit that Cassius laid on Bush after the TD. I cannot stand Bush and was so happy that Cassius popped him. The 15yd penalty gave us the ball at the 20. Definately worth the 15yds in my opinion

That was bush league and stupid just like Hughes pulling Hasselbeck's legs out from under him last week. I don't happen to like Reggie Bush either but that was just dumb. You want revenge? Beat them and that's what the Colts did that's the best thing you can do.

Not to be the fly in the punch bowl that spoils everything....

Yes, we were the better team today.

But, I think if we played them, say, 10 times, they'd beat us more than we'd beat them.

They have a better roster than we do. In most every area except QB and WR. I think they're better at most every other position group. But, QB is everything in the new NFL and I think we have a better coaching staff, though I am more impressed with the job the Dolphins have done than I expected to be.

We won today. But not by any decisive margin. One game isn't enough to know much when you're comparing two teams.

But today is all that matters. And today was a very, very good day! :thmup: