Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Falcons Sign Former Colts Corner Kelvin Hayden

bayone

NFL Network's Jason LaConfora is reporting that former Colts corner Kelvin Hayden has signed with the Atlanta Falcons. Atlanta seems to be making a habit of signing DBs jettisoned by other teams. Yesterday, they agreed to terms with James Sanders, who was the New England Patriots starting safety last year.

My link

With uncertainty still surrounding Jacob Lacey’s ability to step up at a full-time starter, and questions swirling around why Justin Tryon has not received a chance to take over for Lacey, this news takes away a potential safety blanket. If the Colts secondary is going to come together, it will have to do so with the guys already on the roster, or with a player who probably does not have any experience in the Colts system.

My link

If our D line gets as much pressure as they did in the Packers game nobody's gonna have to worry that much about Jacob Lacey playing corner

Yeah we will, the game plan will just be set to take the 3 step drop and throw wherever Lacey is and take the easy yards. Lacey has shown nothing this preseason and the oppsoing teams will count on that this season. I don't know if they are putting him in the positions they do on purpose to try things or if they think he is doing a good job but from what we know and see, he is the weak link in the backfield so far.

@ ATLshocker:

He is a decent CB. I would be most concerned with the status of his neck injury. A few teams turned him down following his physical, which leads me to believe his injury was more serious than most thought. He played well for us for a while, then Polian over-payed when he re-signed him. We let him go to free up cap room over the next three seasons.

In the first quarter, we weren't getting pressure. In the 2nd quarter, Rodgers did absolutely nothing.

The Packers were tired of going up and down the field. In real game situation, Packers would bury the Colts. Packers have all thier wounded players back. Colts are still missing lots of personnel. Packers are tough all the way down thier depth chart. Colts are one injury from the bottom feeders. Colts defense is trying to get better. Offense is cooling off fast. No running game, Passing game is iffy. Could be a very long season. Hope not.. The worst thing to happen would be to loose to all division opponents, specially Jacksonville. They have all gotten better.

In the first quarter, we weren't getting pressure. In the 2nd quarter, Rodgers did absolutely nothing.

The Packers were tired of going up and down the field. In real game situation, Packers would bury the Colts. Packers have all thier wounded players back. Colts are still missing lots of personnel. Packers are tough all the way down thier depth chart. Colts are one injury from the bottom feeders. Colts defense is trying to get better. Offense is cooling off fast. No running game, Passing game is iffy. Could be a very long season. Hope not.. The worst thing to happen would be to loose to all division opponents, specially Jacksonville. They have all gotten better.

People say he was a bad CB, but he never was a bad CB. I definitely consider him a starter in the NFL, the only problem was that he was getting paid WAY too much. He was never a bad CB.

Well he was a good tampa 2 cover guy and then he got hurt after he signed the big contract. Bad luck on our part. Question is can Hayden operate well in another system and what system is Atlanta running. We know he is not a man-man cover guy so even if healthy and he is in that type of system, he will look just as bad as Jason David was when he left here.

Hayden was a good CB, but just had bad luck with injuries. I hope he does well in ATL, just as long as he never INTs Manning.

The worst part of this is that now both Marlin Jackson, who INT'd Brady in the AFCCG, and Hayden, who pick-6'd Grossman in the SB, are gone. Not really because either of them were great CBs, just because of those memories.

Wow... you are a glass is half ful kinda guy huh? Passing game is iffy?? What team have you been watching the past 10 years?

NFL Network's Jason LaConfora is reporting that former Colts corner Kelvin Hayden has signed with the Atlanta Falcons. Atlanta seems to be making a habit of signing DBs jettisoned by other teams. Yesterday, they agreed to terms with James Sanders, who was the New England Patriots starting safety last year.

My link

With uncertainty still surrounding Jacob Lacey’s ability to step up at a full-time starter, and questions swirling around why Justin Tryon has not received a chance to take over for Lacey, this news takes away a potential safety blanket. If the Colts secondary is going to come together, it will have to do so with the guys already on the roster, or with a player who probably does not have any experience in the Colts system.

My link

Fear not, this Saturday every team has to go from 80 man roster to 53. The Colts will find a corner.

Going back over the game tracker, he was 8 out of 9 on pass attempts in the 2nd qtr.. Yes the line got more pressure on Rodgers, but I wouldn't say it had a whole lot of affect on his ability to complete passes.

They should give Lacey number 23 , except that guy could atleast tackle.

Tryon is a steal and the Colts should use him as such! Lacey is just UDFA that played decent in his rookie season coming off the bench. He's not starting material at this point.

Perhaps this is just a preseason thing and the Colts put the best players available on the field.

I wish him luck in ATL, but let's all face it. It does not matter how talented you are....if you cannot get on the field you become a liability. It was a shame with Bob Sanders and Kelvin, but you have to look at body of work. On the field both were great, but how often were they on the field? I wish them both well this year, but I would rather have 6 B- players that 2 A+ players that can never be out there to play.