Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garçon

IndyTrav

Has Garçon checked out since he got his money?

He had one good game in week one that was the result of busted coverage, then poof, he disappears.

He's played in 3 games, with 2 of them being 4rec 44yds total.

He's continually hampered by a mysterious "toe" injury. One in which Shannahan has described as "not turf toe, otherwise we would shut him down, it's him dealing with pain"

It sounds to me like he has checked out, and has no desire to help his team. You've got guys out there playing thru anything and everything, yet Garçons toe is just to painful for him to even play on, that seems like a joke.

I feel bad for the Redskins. I never thought he was worth the money they gave him, but I never thought he was a quitter either.

he wasn't worth the money but he's been hurt most of the year. thats what the redskins do they overpaid for garcon and gave up too many draft picks for rg3. i know rg3 has been great but giving up what it looks to be two top 10 1st round picks is really gonna hurt the redskins over the next couple of years.

he wasn't worth the money but he's been hurt most of the year. thats what the redskins do they overpaid for garcon and gave up too many draft picks for rg3. i know rg3 has been great but giving up what it looks to be two top 10 1st round picks is really gonna hurt the redskins over the next couple of years.

whats the old saying you reap what you sow? Totally applicable here.

If they wanna bargin the future for a few more wins now then so be it. Personally I think Snyder will always try and buy talent versus create a team. He's not the only one though. Eagles have tried to do it, Cowboys have tried but their owner is a complete fool so that doesn't help them either.

Back on Topic.

I will reserve judgment on Garcon for now because of his current injuries but in his defense if he hurt his foot he doesn't have his main asset. We all know he wasn't signed because of his hands! :woah:

Garcon has had some interesting injury issues too. Maybe he took the Colts injury woes with him to DC. :)

per kffl.com

Redskins | Pierre Garcon came back too soon

Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:51:10 -0700

Washington Redskins WR Pierre Garcon (foot) said he probably came back from his foot injury too soon, causing him to miss additional games with setbacks. It's unclear when Garcon will return to the starting lineup.

Redskins | Pierre Garcon injury update

Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:55:42 -0700

Washington Redskins WR Pierre Garcon (foot) said he did not suffer a setback last week, but was just dealing with everyday pain. Garcon said the injury was not getting any worse, but it was also not getting any better.

Pierre Garcon injury update

Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:07:17 -0700

Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan said WR Pierre Garcon's (foot) injury is painful and it affects his running downfield. It is an injury that will require rest.

Garçon wanted to play against the Vikings but Shanahan held him out in the hopes that it would help keep him healthy down the stretch. Everyone seems pretty frustrated with the injury but it doesn't sound like your boy has checked out on us in the slightest. It's just a nagging problem and we have enough receiver depth to not force the issue.

He's already been paid most of his guaranteed money, anyway, so if things went south I don't think we'd have a hard time getting rid of him. He had a very strong offseason, though, and that's where you'd really expect a guy to slack off if he was going to sit back and bathe in the money.

If they wanna bargin the future for a few more wins now then so be it. Personally I think Snyder will always try and buy talent versus create a team. He's not the only one though. Eagles have tried to do it, Cowboys have tried but their owner is a complete fool so that doesn't help them either.

You err in assuming Snyder has been involved in making decisions since Mike Shanahan came to DC. Haynesworth was the last bad contract we gave out and that was under Zorn.

Garcon has had some interesting injury issues too. Maybe he took the Colts injury woes with him to DC. :)

per kffl.com

Redskins | Pierre Garcon came back too soon

Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:51:10 -0700

Washington Redskins WR Pierre Garcon (foot) said he probably came back from his foot injury too soon, causing him to miss additional games with setbacks. It's unclear when Garcon will return to the starting lineup.

Redskins | Pierre Garcon injury update

Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:55:42 -0700

Washington Redskins WR Pierre Garcon (foot) said he did not suffer a setback last week, but was just dealing with everyday pain. Garcon said the injury was not getting any worse, but it was also not getting any better.

Pierre Garcon injury update

Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:07:17 -0700

Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan said WR Pierre Garcon's (foot) injury is painful and it affects his running downfield. It is an injury that will require rest.

wow..sounds like he'll miss most of the season..

If running is too painful.....and he has to rest to heal..

he cant stay in any kind of playing shape........

We have problems..glad this isnt one of them

It just sounds to me he is milking the problem. They have yet to release any actual info, although I've read it is a toe problem, not foot.

You've got RBs coming back from serious injuries, ACLs, shoulders, etc. Suggs is back after a torn Achilles etc. then there are players with reoccurring problems, still producing and being effective, despite the injury.

What is Garçons Problem?! Is he just a big wimp?!

It just sounds to me he is milking the problem. They have yet to release any actual info, although I've read it is a toe problem, not foot.

You've got RBs coming back from serious injuries, ACLs, shoulders, etc. Suggs is back after a torn Achilles etc. then there are players with reoccurring problems, still producing and being effective, despite the injury.

What is Garçons Problem?! Is he just a big wimp?!

The guys coming back from serious injuries (torn ligaments, torn muscles, broken bones, dislocations, etc.) have been out of the game rehabbing for weeks or months. Foot and ankle injuries are a different animal altogether. They won't take you out of commission entirely but they will seriously hamper your ability to accelerate, decelerate, and cut. You can play through them if you choose but you will aggravate them if you do so and the pain and physical limitations will increase the more you do so, especially if you play a position that has you covering a lot of ground.

It's possible Garçon is being a big wimp but I don't see anything that makes it likely. With the way Shanahan has been acting, it doesn't seem like Pierre is in his doghouse which means that he's probably been doing the right things behind the scenes.

The guys coming back from serious injuries (torn ligaments, torn muscles, broken bones, dislocations, etc.) have been out of the game rehabbing for weeks or months. Foot and ankle injuries are a different animal altogether. They won't take you out of commission entirely but they will seriously hamper your ability to accelerate, decelerate, and cut. You can play through them if you choose but you will aggravate them if you do so and the pain and physical limitations will increase the more you do so, especially if you play a position that has you covering a lot of ground.

It's possible Garçon is being a big wimp but I don't see anything that makes it likely. With the way Shanahan has been acting, it doesn't seem like Pierre is in his doghouse which means that he's probably been doing the right things behind the scenes.

Forte Hernandez Bradshaw Graham have all had foot/ankle problems this year, and have worked through them admirably. Demarco Muray has already proclaimed he will play in week 8.

I have one of two thoughts. Garçon is being a baby. Or the Redskins are withholding information (Similar to the McFadden situation from last year).

I just see a player who signed a considerable contract, with zero injury history, suddenly not being able to stay on the field. I was never under the impression that Garçon wasn't anything but a 110% effort guy, and I would like to see him succeed, but when I see this I can't help but wonder.

Forte Hernandez Bradshaw Graham have all had foot/ankle problems this year, and have worked through them admirably. Demarco Muray has already proclaimed he will play in week 8.

I have one of two thoughts. Garçon is being a baby. Or the Redskins are withholding information (Similar to the McFadden situation from last year).

I just see a player who signed a considerable contract, with zero injury history, suddenly not being able to stay on the field. I was never under the impression that Garçon wasn't anything but a 110% effort guy, and I would like to see him succeed, but when I see this I can't help but wonder.

Not all injuries to an area of the body are alike. That said...

Hernandez sat out 3 weeks while recuperating from his injury.

Garçon came back after 2 weeks rest and played for 2 more weeks before being forced to sit last week.

Who seems to be toughing it out more, the guy who waits until he's just about full go or the guy who tries to come back and contribute despite not being all there? The problem is that playing through pain often exacerbates the problem, particularly when that pain is located in a high stress area of the body.

Garçon wanted to play against the Vikings but Shanahan held him out in the hopes that it would help keep him healthy down the stretch. Everyone seems pretty frustrated with the injury but it doesn't sound like your boy has checked out on us in the slightest. It's just a nagging problem and we have enough receiver depth to not force the issue.

He's already been paid most of his guaranteed money, anyway, so if things went south I don't think we'd have a hard time getting rid of him. He had a very strong offseason, though, and that's where you'd really expect a guy to slack off if he was going to sit back and bathe in the money.

You err in assuming Snyder has been involved in making decisions since Mike Shanahan came to DC. Haynesworth was the last bad contract we gave out and that was under Zorn.

Still Snyder signs the paychecks and you guys gave Garcon very good money, don't get me wrong I like the guy;alot actually but you guys overpaid for him. Snyder does have a history of overpaying for free agents. As you mentioned Haynesworth, Adam Archuletta(sp) just to name a few.

Still Snyder signs the paychecks and you guys gave Garcon very good money, don't get me wrong I like the guy;alot actually but you guys overpaid for him. Snyder does have a history of overpaying for free agents. As you mentioned Haynesworth, Adam Archuletta(sp) just to name a few.

Snyder will do and spend what it takes to field a winning team. That's a good quality for an owner to have so long as he also doesn't overvalue his own ability to evaluate the game (e.g., Jerry Jones). We gave Garçon, a younger guy with upside, good money but we didn't give him the kind of money that hurts the team badly if he doesn't pan out. That's a good signing in my mind, especially when you consider that you rarely get genuine bargains in free agency. A 5 year, $35m contract is a pretty typical deal for a starting caliber player on the open market these days and we didn't give Pierre much more than that.

Fact is, the Redskins that paid a lot for Haynesworth and Archuleta would not have signed Garçon at all. They would have heavily outbid Tampa Bay for Vincent Jackson, resulting in a far more restrictive cap hit.

Guy hasn't come back from his injury so he must be a wimp and all about the money. RiiiiiIIIIiiiiight.

Give it a rest. Some injuries are nagging ones. Just because the guy got paid and is now injured doesn't mean you can draw a conclusion that he simply did what he needed to get a big contract so that he could then sit and ride the pine.

As it is, the skins have plenty of receivers. Allowing him to recover 100% is a wise move on their part, IMO. No sense causing a set back just to get him back early.

Snyder will do and spend what it takes to field a winning team. That's a good quality for an owner to have so long as he also doesn't overvalue his own ability to evaluate the game (e.g., Jerry Jones). We gave Garçon, a younger guy with upside, good money but we didn't give him the kind of money that hurts the team badly if he doesn't pan out. That's a good signing in my mind, especially when you consider that you rarely get genuine bargains in free agency. A 5 year, $35m contract is a pretty typical deal for a starting caliber player on the open market these days and we didn't give Pierre much more than that.

Fact is, the Redskins that paid a lot for Haynesworth and Archuleta would not have signed Garçon at all. They would have heavily outbid Tampa Bay for Vincent Jackson, resulting in a far more restrictive cap hit.

I agree its a good quality for an owner and I also agree that the 5/35 is a typical deal, but I still believe your talent evaluator is off on garcon, he's a decent #2 option. He's not the #1 the skins are trying to make him. He's too inconsistent and his hands aren't reliable as you will find out.

I agree its a good quality for an owner and I also agree that the 5/35 is a typical deal, but I still believe your talent evaluator is off on garcon, he's a decent #2 option. He's not the #1 the skins are trying to make him. He's too inconsistent and his hands aren't reliable as you will find out.

Would you rather have Reggie Wayne and essentially no one else or about 5 guys who can play at a #2 receiver level?

Would you rather have Reggie Wayne and essentially no one else or about 5 guys who can play at a #2 receiver level?

I'd rather have Reggie and no one else, because I can get one or two (or five) #2 guys, but I can't just go grab a #1.

Also, I think our young guys are very promising. So if the choice moving forward is between the Redskins receiving corps and the Colts, right now I'd take the Colts.

I'd rather have Reggie and no one else, because I can get one or two (or five) #2 guys, but I can't just go grab a #1.

Also, I think our young guys are very promising. So if the choice moving forward is between the Redskins receiving corps and the Colts, right now I'd take the Colts.

The problem is that Reggie isn't going to last forever. By the time you find and develop your other receiving talents, you're going to need a new #1 target. Your young guys may be promising but do they really have #1 potential? I'm inclined to think the chances of them developing to that level are fairly slim.

The other thing you have to consider is that the Redskins receiving corps has some young guys who have a considerable amount of potential in Leonard Hankerson and Aldrick Robinson, each of whom have actually been pretty productive as second year pros in spite of the fact that we're a run-first team. I don't know about you, but I'd consider Robinson and TY Hilton a wash (they're both cut from very similar cloth) and Hankerson is considerably more polished at age 23 than either Kris Adams and LaVon Brazill.

I think I'd honestly rather have Garçon, Morgan, and a 33 year old Moss over Avery and a 33 year old Wayne and I love Wayne. He's a great receiver... but he's only one guy. I'd rather my rookie QB have a variety of solid options to go to, particularly if he's good at going through his progressions.

He had one good game in week one that was the result of busted coverage, then poof, he disappears.

He's continually hampered by a mysterious "toe" injury. One in which Shannahan has described as "not turf toe, otherwise we would shut him down, it's him dealing with pain"

It sounds to me like he has checked out, and has no desire to help his team. You've got guys out there playing thru anything and everything, yet Garçons toe is just to painful for him to even play on, that seems like a joke.

I feel bad for the Redskins. I never thought he was worth the money they gave him, but I never thought he was a quitter either.

wow you know 0 facts and you already called him a quitter? jesus would you like for a perfect stranger to just call you cry baby when you dont go to job because you had a flu or something? how do you know he hasnt worked tiressly like Graham Demarco

I don't understand what that has to do with anything but I'll take Wayne over anyone in the league. My #2 WR is #2 for a reason. Wayne may not be a deep threat but his hands,route running, dedication and work ethic are second to none.

If your asking whose WR's i'd rather have, its easy; I'd still take the Colts due to the upside that we have versus the skins. Me personally I feel that Moss and Garcon are your best options but my personal opinions are that they are like every other typical Diva WR. I also feel that neither one of them are good enough to have the diva attitude.

Again though I'm jaded, I think my team is better than yours as you are surely gonna say that yours is better than mine. All I am simply saying is that I think Snyder over-paid for Garcon as well as other FA's that I have pointed out. Whether or not he pans out to be a #1 threat remains to be seen but when he was with the colts he was the deep threat who could make spectacular catches but would drop the easy ones.

+1 :thmup:

I don't understand what that has to do with anything but I'll take Wayne over anyone in the league. My #2 WR is #2 for a reason. Wayne may not be a deep threat but his hands,route running, dedication and work ethic are second to none.

The point was that I'd rather have several quality options in the passing game than be forced to rely on a superstar with very little and/or inconsistent support from my other options. I'd kill to have a guy like Megatron or a young Wayne, Harrison, or Randy Moss... but you don't go very far if that's all you've really got (see: the Lions offense and the Culpepper-era Vikings). Besides, regardless of whether he's a true #1 receiver or not, Garçon fits a need for our team. We needed a deep threat, a guy who is good once the ball is in his hands, and a guy who can block. Garçon may not have the best hands (and trust me, I knew it and our coaching staff knew it going in) but all accounts are that he has a good work ethic and he fits all of the criteria we were looking for.

If your asking whose WR's i'd rather have, its easy; I'd still take the Colts due to the upside that we have versus the skins. Me personally I feel that Moss and Garcon are your best options but my personal opinions are that they are like every other typical Diva WR. I also feel that neither one of them are good enough to have the diva attitude.

Again though I'm jaded, I think my team is better than yours as you are surely gonna say that yours is better than mine. All I am simply saying is that I think Snyder over-paid for Garcon as well as other FA's that I have pointed out. Whether or not he pans out to be a #1 threat remains to be seen but when he was with the colts he was the deep threat who could make spectacular catches but would drop the easy ones.

Garçon, Moss, Morgan, and Hankerson have all been about equally effective for us. Moss has no history of being a diva and I've never heard anything to that effect about Garçon, either.

I've given you guys the benefit of the doubt for much of this season but after scouring over the coach's tape from a few of your games, I'm not convinced that you guys have more upside than the Skins at any position on either side of the ball right now. The players you're counting on to be the future either haven't had much opportunity or they haven't shown as much as their Redskins counterparts and I'd hazard to guess that my familiarity with the Colts at this point exceeds your familiarity with the Redskins. To be fair, though, I think Arians has done a really poor job of managing your offense at times (the gameplan against the Jets, for example, was pitiful).

You guys are a few years behind the Redskins in terms of rebuilding and it shows.

wow you know 0 facts and you already called him a quitter? jesus would you like for a perfect stranger to just call you cry baby when you dont go to job because you had a flu or something? how do you know he hasnt worked tiressly like Graham Demarco

No one has any facts on it which is partially the point. His own coach said it wasn't worth benching him over and its simply based on pain management.

As I mentioned, you have guys out who are working on busted knees, shoulders, ankles, and feet taking a much larger pounding than he is. Here's Halto Nagata playing though a torn MCL in a 350lb body, in the trenches, and Garcon cant play because his toe hurts.

Just sounds to me like he's being a baby. Dont pretend like it doesnt happen throughout the NFL just because you have a crush on a player......

Or the Redskins are withholding information (Similar to the McFadden situation from last year).

I would lean towards the latter here - Shanahan has shown that tendency in the past several times with high profile players.

I don't think any of us have enough information to speak factually, all just speculation and opinion and this point.

.....side comment on whether you would rather have a true #1 and no one else, or a bunch of #2s. I think I'd go with the #2s if you've got a the QB to run the show, like Brady and the Patriots before Randy Moss came to town. But, there's examples that support both sides of that argument, so again its just a matter of personal preference.

No one has any facts on it which is partially the point. His own coach said it wasn't worth benching him over and its simply based on pain management.

As I mentioned, you have guys out who are working on busted knees, shoulders, ankles, and feet taking a much larger pounding than he is. Here's Halto Nagata playing though a torn MCL in a 350lb body, in the trenches, and Garcon cant play because his toe hurts.

Just sounds to me like he's being a baby. Dont pretend like it doesnt happen throughout the NFL just because you have a crush on a player......

a crush? lol i never wanted to resign him unless he was gonna get #2 money (which he wasnt).

yes a lot f players play trough injuries im saying you just called him a quitter when the truth is you dont know. Look if a player has some reputation you know than i understand your point of maybe acting like cry baby, but fact is while he was here not a single bad thing was mentioned , so there is no predecent....therefore making such a presumption with no facts seems a little too much and kind of disrespectfull to the player (and person) of Garcon

and by the way the way he was signed to the redskins should be considered tampering...i mean 5 minutes into free agency and he already has a 5 year $$$$$$$$$$ contract? wth?

and that thing about Ngata...i8 knew he was injured didnt know he had an MCL...thats just amazing that body and still playing with a torn knee? honestly i dont think we cant ask anyone to do that, thats just out of the ordinary.

a crush? lol i never wanted to resign him unless he was gonna get #2 money (which he wasnt).

yes a lot f players play trough injuries im saying you just called him a quitter when the truth is you dont know. Look if a player has some reputation you know than i understand your point of maybe acting like cry baby, but fact is while he was here not a single bad thing was mentioned , so there is no predecent....therefore making such a presumption with no facts seems a little too much and kind of disrespectfull to the player (and person) of Garcon

I fully understand your point. And my opinion is, based on the current facts, he is being a baby. But as I mentioned it could also be that Wash. Is withholding information on the injury. I'm just simply going by what they have said. And based on what they have said, it appears he's being a baby.

I'm making an assumption based on the very very limited amount of information we have been given. I could be 110% wrong and he is seriously hurting. Or I could be right. Or you and I could both be right and its somewhere in the middle.

I do know this though. Washington has gotten 0 return on the investment.

and by the way the way he was signed to the redskins should be considered tampering...i mean 5 minutes into free agency and he already has a 5 year $$$$$$$$$$ contract? wth?

and that thing about Ngata...i8 knew he was injured didnt know he had an MCL...thats just amazing that body and still playing with a torn knee? honestly i dont think we cant ask anyone to do that, thats just out of the ordinary.

They did the same thing with Haynesworth as well. FA started at 12, and at 12:15 a $100mill contract was signed. No kinks, questions, or concerns....Very questionable. But it is what it is at this point....part of me feels bad for Wash, the other part feels they get what they deserve....

As for Ngata, I saw on NFL Net that it was a torn MCL. But the Balt Sun is reporting MCL Tweak...So I may be incorrect on what was said. But never the less it is still extremely impressive for someone at that position and that size to continue playing.....

This is part of my questioning of Garçon tho. It's not that I WANT him to be a baby, it's just I see players like Forte and Hernandez have severe ankle sprains, and return 2 weeks later. Ngata doing what he's doing. Mathews having a broken shoulder coming back in 1 month. Fred Jackson having a knee sprain back in 2 weeks. Ray Lewis being pulled off the field after ripping a bicep in half....I see that and think to myself. Wow these guys really want to play....then I see Garçon. Toe. And I just.....wonder....

They did the same thing with Haynesworth as well. FA started at 12, and at 12:15 a $100mill contract was signed. No kinks, questions, or concerns....Very questionable. But it is what it is at this point....part of me feels bad for Wash, the other part feels they get what they deserve....

As for Ngata, I saw on NFL Net that it was a torn MCL. But the Balt Sun is reporting MCL Tweak...So I may be incorrect on what was said. But never the less it is still extremely impressive for someone at that position and that size to continue playing.....

This is part of my questioning of Garçon tho. It's not that I WANT him to be a baby, it's just I see players like Forte and Hernandez have severe ankle sprains, and return 2 weeks later. Ngata doing what he's doing. Mathews having a broken shoulder coming back in 1 month. Fred Jackson having a knee sprain back in 2 weeks. Ray Lewis being pulled off the field after ripping a bicep in half....I see that and think to myself. Wow these guys really want to play....then I see Garçon. Toe. And I just.....wonder....

You do realize that there are these people called doctors that get paid a whole heckuva lot to keep an eye on these athletes bodies. If a wide receiver is unable to cut, accelerate, or any of the things that make him a talent, he is a hindrance to his team. They'd be better off playing a healthy guy.

Playing through pain is one thing, but pushing off on a severely ailing foot is another. This is the first injury that has ever really kept Garcon out. I'd suspect he wants to play through his current contract, to the very end. He's out for a reason. Some fan guessing he is a baby is the least of what is on his mind, of that I'm sure. If Shanahan has no ill will against him, I suspect the injury is legitimate, and he'll be back on the field when he's ready.

As for them not getting a return on their investment... his first game of the season had 4 catches for 109 yds and a TD. The remaining games he's been ailing. It is my suspicion that they want him to be as close to 100% as possible so they don't cause this injury to drag through the season. As it is, he's been off and on for the last 6 weeks. Perhaps the coaches are insisting on keeping him out until the injury is fully healed.

I think Donnie Avery will prove to be every bit the receiver Garcon was when he was here. I don't know how many near bombs have been missed between he and Luck so far. Once they get on the same page, it should be fun to watch. We do miss the physical aspect of Garcon's game, though. The guy could turn a 5 yard loss into a 20 yard gain like nothing. Wish him all the best in DC. I don't think that guy is a quitter, in any sense of the word

Think about how your foot moves when running. Your pushing off the front of your foot. This injury has to be slowing him down and limiting his agility. Just glad it's not our problem, hey if I can take 1 positive from not resigning him I will.

reggie wayne is the best route runner and a top 10 wr in this league even at his age. garcon and moss are good players but wayne and avery are a better duo. wayne has a good 2 years left but by the time he retires our gm will draft luck a #1 wr. there's a reason owners like snyder and jones haven't made playoffs in so long because they think they can buy everything. superbowls are won with gm's drafting good teams not by trying to buy their way a superbowl.

Lol why quit at armchair QB when you can be a Doctor too? I mean you even stated it yourself no one has any real facts on it...

Seriously though, Garcon's success obviously comes from his speed, therefore I do not think it is entirely out of the equation to assume that because he has a toe injury (severity of which we do not know) that his production would drop off. I don't think it is time to start calling him Albert Haynesworth as much as us Colts fans want to chalk this up as a win in October, he signed a big contract and when healthy has lived up to it. So give the man a chance there is not nearly enough medical info out there for you to already say "he has checked out"

The problem is that Reggie isn't going to last forever. By the time you find and develop your other receiving talents, you're going to need a new #1 target. Your young guys may be promising but do they really have #1 potential? I'm inclined to think the chances of them developing to that level are fairly slim.

We have a #1 right now, though. And he outweighs the benefit of several #2s, if you ask me. Any #1 does.

And, by the way, I've thought of Reggie as a glorified #2, maybe a 1a, for several years, primarily because he doesn't have the size or speed that you want a true #1 to have. He's not Fitzgerald or anything, but he's clearly making his mark as one of the absolute best receivers in the game right now. No, he won't last forever, but he's doing fine at the moment.

And no, we don't have anyone else on the roster right now that I believe has a reasonable chance of becoming a #1 receiver in the future. I had a little disagreement with a fellow Colts fan a few weeks ago over this. I like our young guys, but I don't expect any of them to become a #1.

The other thing you have to consider is that the Redskins receiving corps has some young guys who have a considerable amount of potential in Leonard Hankerson and Aldrick Robinson, each of whom have actually been pretty productive as second year pros in spite of the fact that we're a run-first team. I don't know about you, but I'd consider Robinson and TY Hilton a wash (they're both cut from very similar cloth) and Hankerson is considerably more polished at age 23 than either Kris Adams and LaVon Brazill.

I think I'd honestly rather have Garçon, Morgan, and a 33 year old Moss over Avery and a 33 year old Wayne and I love Wayne. He's a great receiver... but he's only one guy. I'd rather my rookie QB have a variety of solid options to go to, particularly if he's good at going through his progressions.

Just want to point out that we waived Kris Adams a couple weeks ago, and he's still available. Hankerson probably is more polished than he is.

I'm not trying to sell your young guys short. My argument is that, even if your collection of #2s is better than ours (and it probably is, with Garcon, Morgan and Moss), and even if your young guys are more promising than ours, you don't have a #1, and we do. And I think we have another couple years to worry about replacing our #1. There's the possibility that our supplementary options and our tight ends can develop and ease the need for a true #1, and maybe one of them actually turns into a monster himself. Maybe we develop a legitimate run game. Two years is a long time in the NFL. In the meantime, Reggie is leading the league in catches and yards per game, so I'll take that.

I think Donnie Avery will prove to be every bit the receiver Garcon was when he was here. I don't know how many near bombs have been missed between he and Luck so far. Once they get on the same page, it should be fun to watch. We do miss the physical aspect of Garcon's game, though. The guy could turn a 5 yard loss into a 20 yard gain like nothing. Wish him all the best in DC. I don't think that guy is a quitter, in any sense of the word

I was never impressed with Garcon's route running, and he had issues with his hands, but he was one physical son of a gun. No one on our team, at any offensive position, brings the physicality that Garcon did. I'll never forget his performance in the AFC playoffs in 2009: the forced fumble after the interception, and then the dominance in the AFCCG. It's too bad he regressed in 2010.

I saw the Redskins just got fined by the league for incorrect Injury Reports. Mostly pertaining to RG3 I'd assume.....I wonder if Garcon fell under that umbrella.

First 2 weeks it was his "foot" no other info....Then it was his "heel" no other info....Now its an inflammed capsule in his toe......Shannahan has called the injury "very much a mystery".....

He just wanted out of town for whatever reason. The skins basically offered him the same contract he rejected from us and he snapped it up.