Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on the Cleveland Browns

Flash7

Browns are a very good team. Their record is no indication of their talent. They lost to a few good teams by one play.

They run all over us. We made sanchez look good.

Peyton + Trent > Luck + anything.

Peyton Hillis plays for the chiefs now. You mean Montario + Trent

I thought you bled blue......even though I hope you are wrong about the Browns...12th man gets it done.....!!!

I do bleed blue, but I'm a realist who is also very high on the Browns, as terrible as their record is. If you watched their games you'd see they lost to good teams by the difference of a play or a few points. Furthermore until we see we can stop the run consistently, I'm going to be weary of taking us over an offense that can run well.

Finally, I picked us to blow out the Jets so...theres that.

I'll be happy if we can stop the run and force them to throw.

I say we can have a good chance of holding Richardson or slowing him down because he's banged up and I think browns do good limiting Wayne but how they going to stop Avery, Hilton, fleener, Allen. I think we score a minimum of 3tds and if we get the ground game going well obviously carter can move a pile browns are in trouble

Browns fan here, just thought I would give you some thoughts on the Browns and what they do or don't do. First on Fujita, he is out I am sure, he is more effective in the run game, he had been coming out on passing downs so the TE matchup against Fujita would have not been that much of an issue, expect to see Robertson or James Michael Johnson matched up in those situations. As to this claim that Weeden just dumps off, that isn't true. Weeden has progressed nearly every week, he makes rookie mistakes like I am sure Luck does(I look forward to seeing Luck play for first time this yr). Josh Gordon seems to be coming around, he is averaging over 22 yds a catch on those Weeden "dump" offs, I would like to see if this continues against the Colts, he is still raw but is starting to show flashes.

The Browns have 15 or 16 rookies on the team, half of them will probably see significant snaps during the game. So with a lot of rookies you get ups and downs in how they play. As a unit seem to be progressing fairly well for the most part. I would like to see Travis Benjamin not so injury prone, he is back this week btw. The offense line has gotten a lot better over the last couple weeks in both pass protection and in opening up some running lanes, the last 2 games have been the lines best of the year. The D-line is sort of up and down, no dominant pass rusher, they are OK against the run at times, but other times they seem to go to sleep on the run. Part of that is we have had a couple rookies playing there too so that could be a factor. We are 11th in the league in sacks so we do get pressure just no consistently enough. The secondary is glad to have Haden back he has played big in both games he has played so far and really put our secondary on shakey legs when he was out., Our safeties are mediocre right no, Ward is good against the run, has trouble in coverage, Young is just OK, I would say that is probably are biggest weakest on D, safeties in the passing game and getting consistent pressure from defensive line.

I suspect this will be a close game, Richarsdon is banged up will see how well he plays, Hardesty had a good game last week, but not sure if thats a one time thing or not. I would look for the Browns to try to run early and setup play action to Gordon and company later on. How are the Colts doing going to the 3-4 this yr? Have Mathis and Freeney adjusted to that well? Hope for a good game Sunday and no injuries for either side.

We are at home, freeney/Davis should be playing, and Trent Richardson might not be 100%. I have faith the team will come out playing much better than last week... They are the Cleveland Browns, and the last time we played Colt McCoy lead them to a win. That I can assure you will not happen again mainly because he is their backup.

Browns fan here, just thought I would give you some thoughts on the Browns and what they do or don't do. First on Fujita, he is out I am sure, he is more effective in the run game, he had been coming out on passing downs so the TE matchup against Fujita would have not been that much of an issue, expect to see Robertson or James Michael Johnson matched up in those situations. As to this claim that Weeden just dumps off, that isn't true. Weeden has progressed nearly every week, he makes rookie mistakes like I am sure Luck does(I look forward to seeing Luck play for first time this yr). Josh Gordon seems to be coming around, he is averaging over 22 yds a catch on those Weeden "dump" offs, I would like to see if this continues against the Colts, he is still raw but is starting to show flashes.

The Browns have 15 or 16 rookies on the team, half of them will probably see significant snaps during the game. So with a lot of rookies you get ups and downs in how they play. As a unit seem to be progressing fairly well for the most part. I would like to see Travis Benjamin not so injury prone, he is back this week btw. The offense line has gotten a lot better over the last couple weeks in both pass protection and in opening up some running lanes, the last 2 games have been the lines best of the year. The D-line is sort of up and down, no dominant pass rusher, they are OK against the run at times, but other times they seem to go to sleep on the run. Part of that is we have had a couple rookies playing there too so that could be a factor. We are 11th in the league in sacks so we do get pressure just no consistently enough. The secondary is glad to have Haden back he has played big in both games he has played so far and really put our secondary on shakey legs when he was out., Our safeties are mediocre right no, Ward is good against the run, has trouble in coverage, Young is just OK, I would say that is probably are biggest weakest on D, safeties in the passing game and getting consistent pressure from defensive line.

I suspect this will be a close game, Richarsdon is banged up will see how well he plays, Hardesty had a good game last week, but not sure if thats a one time thing or not. I would look for the Browns to try to run early and setup play action to Gordon and company later on. How are the Colts doing going to the 3-4 this yr? Have Mathis and Freeney adjusted to that well? Hope for a good game Sunday and no injuries for either side.

First, be welcome here!

Thank You for Your points, it is really interesting to see the thoughts of our opponents on the upcoming game!

I don't think we will put Your run-D under serious test, that's what Colts aren't famous for.

I also expect a close game, I hope our guys won't leave their hearts and souls in the locker room just like last week.

In my opinion Freeney and Mathis are really comfortable with the new 3-4 system, and are keeping the passer under pressure.

I hope too, that injury bug won't hit either team!

I do bleed blue, but I'm a realist who is also very high on the Browns, as terrible as their record is. If you watched their games you'd see they lost to good teams by the difference of a play or a few points. Furthermore until we see we can stop the run consistently, I'm going to be weary of taking us over an offense that can run well.

Finally, I picked us to blow out the Jets so...theres that.

I'll be happy if we can stop the run and force them to throw.

The AFC is isn such a flux with only 2 teams with winning records.....when we beat the Pack one week and lose to the Jets so badly? When the Pats lose to the Cardinals and Seahawks....and other than the great 18 making the game look close at the end? My philosophy this year is "Anything can happen and it usually does. :))

Insert my Blaine Gabbert 80 yard winner.....still irks this big old dog!!

First, be welcome here!

Thank You for Your points, it is really interesting to see the thoughts of our opponents on the upcoming game!

I don't think we will put Your run-D under serious test, that's what Colts aren't famous for.

I also expect a close game, I hope our guys won't leave their hearts and souls in the locker room just like last week.

In my opinion Freeney and Mathis are really comfortable with the new 3-4 system, and are keeping the passer under pressure.

I hope too, that injury bug won't hit either team!

Ditto to the welcome to runyon27 HCF!!

When the Colts started the year 53 players had an R or a 1 next to their names on the roster and we all needed a program to see who was who...in fact there were 3 players that had the same number as the other newbie...so had no clue who the six were. HA HA!

Good luck Sunday runyon. Looking for a good game...most Browns/Colts games in the past have been very low scoring...and come down to a FG. I am going to have some blood pressure meds handy...I must say however....GO :shoe: :helmet: :throwback: :coltshelmet::coltslogo::coltshorse::coltsfb::colts: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colts can win this one. I hope to see some aggressive pass calling on 1 & 2 to get it done. I think despite the injury list being a mile long that Colts D can still stop the Browns. They need to focus on getting past Joe Thomas to stop the run on his side of the line. He is good, Freeney can match up though if he is healthy. 12th man will help us to the win!!!!! Go Colts!

They started out the season as a pass heavy team and quickly realized that in order to stay competitive and limit turn overs, they would have to run. More recently, and this is my opinion, they've focused on the run. At least this is what my eyes have told me after watching their recent games. More often than not, they've found themselves in a hole and have had to throw, but I think running is their preferance.

It will definitely be their preference. If Mark Sanchez can throw for 80 to 90 yards against our team and walk out with a W due to grinding us in the running game, what do we think the Browns are going to be doing?

oh of course. just making the point that richardson will burn us haha

We need to hit him hard. There is still speculation his rib is BROKEN....will be wearing a special vest....the Kevlar (spellcheck) flak jacket like Vick wore.

Can I say it is a good time for a solid hit fro an angry Pat Angerer? A Carnivorous Conner? A 'free blitzing' Freeman? A nemesis named Nevis?

Darned I forgot it was Friday.....I am read to play the Chuck Pagano Motivational speech and go to battle. Is it 1 PM Sunday yet? :pass: :shoe: :helmet::coltshelmet::coltslogo::coltshorse::coltsfb::colts:

Our team is weird, the games we should loose we win (Green Bay Packers game) and the games we should win we loose ( Jacksonville/ NY Jets). This upcoming game is another winnable game. We just need more balance running/passing instead of throwing the ball 45 times a game we need to run it at least 25 times. The Browns arent really a good team at all, we have a good chance of winning this game if we take some of the pressure off of Luck and run the ball

Our team is weird, the games we should loose we win (Green Bay Packers game) and the games we should win we loose ( Jacksonville/ NY Jets). This upcoming game is another winnable game. We just need more balance running/passing instead of throwing the ball 45 times a game we need to run it at least 25 times. The Browns arent really a good team at all, we have a good chance of winning this game if we take some of the pressure off of Luck and run the ball

Not just our team, all teams have upsets. As Brent pointed out, any given sunday....

That is why Football is now America's game, because everyone has a shot every year (as opposed to baseball).

"Browns LG Jason Pinkston has been diagnosed with a blood clot and is out indefinitely." per rotoworld.

His backup John Greco is apparently a good run blocker. I don't follow Cleveland so I will take their word for it.

Greco played most of the game against Cinci last week and played well, I think he is a solid backup guard. But he is a backup for a reason. Looks like Browns are getting Benjamin and Massaquoi back this week as well as Rubin the starting DT. I have a feeling there will be lots of points in this game. Thanks for all the welcomes btw. :)

oddballpm1.jpg

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Be a little positive please!

That stupid 75 yard touchdown pass by the jags just did it for me i have no faith in this defense yes they beat the Pats but then we went back to the same old Colts Defense nothing but crap........WE made mark Sanchez look good and we could not protect Luck nor could we catch a freaking ball.

Eh some people (myself included at times) tend to overblow how bad Sanchez is, is he a great QB? No but he is a 2nd Tier type QB. his worst year was also his rookie year he had 12 td's and 20 interceptions which is bad.His real problem is hanging onto the ball to long (indecisiveness) in my opinion, He has 2 Pro Bowl caliber O Linemen 1 at Center and the other at LT but he still averages 1.9 sacks per game for his career. I think 26-28 Touchdown average per year give or take 2-3 and 15-18 interceptions per year (average) is his ceiling which is ok but not great, he will always need a running game around him, He will never be a guy that can consistently out gun you with his arm

Have you actually studied weeden? He literally does nothing but dump it to his running backs (which is essentially a long hand off) or a quick 5 yd out to the sideline. He is nothing to be feared. Not in the least.

Yeah and you know what that sets up? 60 yard bombs to Josh Gordon. Bengals game. Giants game. The Browns will take shots deep against your secondary.

Yeah and you know what that sets up? 60 yard bombs to Josh Gordon. Bengals game. Giants game. The Browns will take shots deep against your secondary.

So what. That's only 2 passes in 6 games. I'm sorry, but the Browns will go down hard in this game. Weeden has a lot to learn. Sure, the Browns will get their share of rushing yards, but it won't be enough.

So what. That's only 2 passes in 6 games. I'm sorry, but the Browns will go down hard in this game. Weeden has a lot to learn. Sure, the Browns will get their share of rushing yards, but it won't be enough.

You're right, the savvy vet Andrew Luck will lay the smack down on those young Browns.

Who won? Oh, I'll dismiss your snarky attitude.

Do you think the Browns 'went down hard' as you so surely predicted?

Gordon was a dropped pass away from 2 TDs and a Browns victory.

But in typical Browns Receivers fashion they all wake up with there hands dipped in butter :lol:

My thoughts are your post is well thought out, and I like the comments from other posters here. A couple of my thoughts:

• Richardson is a true load. He was banged up pretty hard last week....a shot in the ribs with some 'cartilage issues.' The following says he will pracice today, and should be ready for Sunday. http://www.sbnation....asy-outlook-for
  • When a team beats a staunch division rival, confidence rises.....Weeden seemed to grow up against the 'evil' Bengals. Like Colt Strong says above, why be scared of Weeden....we have faced Rogers and Cutler.....and the GOAT Tim Tebow (OK....sarcasm...but we got hammered.) :)
  • Lollygagger makes a nice point: Fujita is out...will this finally open up the middle for a true breakout game for Fleener, and continued hard-nosed effort from D Allen?

I am going with the Colts. This may be too early because of lack of injury information....Freeney was limping badly at the end of last week.....Mathis out again. It may just come down to another special teams play....AV for the win? Traditionally low scoring games....16-13 Colts. (I hate predictions..... :)) :colts: :colts: :colts: :colts: :colts:

HMMMM....darned I was close for a change.....:)