Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans or Jets Tonight?

Smonroe

Personally, even though the Texans are in our division, I hope they destroy the Jets. For some reason, that organization has always irritated me. (I'm old enough to know why)

However, that would most likely mean Tim Tebow is their starting QB when we play them next week. I'm still not sure that's a good thing for us.

Opinions?

Personally, even though the Texans are in our division, I hope they destroy the Jets. For some reason, that organization has always irritated me. (I'm old enough to know why)

However, that would most likely mean Tim Tebow is their starting QB when we play them next week. I'm still not sure that's a good thing for us.

Opinions?

I share this dislike for the Jets. For me, it stems from Coach Rex Ryan and his annual Superbowl guarantee and the recent history of players attitude/behavior in the locker room and toward the media. But now that Tebow is on their team, it's just that much easier for me to not like them...and really, it's not even Tebow's fault. It's the media/fans fault for making him the most over-hyped, awful, backup-QB in history.

I'd welcome the chance for Tebow to face our D.

For some reason, that organization has always irritated me. (I'm old enough to know why)

I would assume Joe Namath has something to do with this statement. LOL I hope Jets win, and I hope they win big. I hope they use every bit of gas they have trying to beat the Texans and do it! I do not want to give a divisional team a win, and our team can play with the Jets as is! Also, I would rather us face Sanchez. Primarily because tape on Tebow in a Jets uni is a small sample. I think we would be better prepared for Sanchez and force him into dumb mistakes. Tebow will just pull the ball down and run on us. If the receivers are covered up for him to pull it down, there is probably a lane for him and we may get confused and on our heels. Maybe not, but that is just my take on it. I'm lookin' at it this way, after the Texans game, I am hoping we are playing a beat up Jets team with an over-confident quarterback. Those are just my thoughts. I'm sure there are some good arguments in a different direction.

- Eric

Not only what Namath did to the COlts, but that 41-0 beatdown the Jets gave us in the PO's. I would take a Texan win, regardless of the AFC South ramifications. (I say this out of emotion :))

The Jets, Chargers and the Steelers have ended too many of my hopeful seasons.

Not only what Namath did to the COlts, but that 41-0 beatdown the Jets gave us in the PO's. I would take a Texan win, regardless of the AFC South ramifications. (I say this out of emotion :))

The Jets, Chargers and the Steelers have ended too many of my hopeful seasons.

indeed texans 52 to 0

I don't think we'll win by more than 25, unless we get defensive TDs or something. If you're not familiar with Gary Kubiak, if we're up by 20 at the half he'll run that clock down to nothing. It's why we don't score a whole lot of points.

I don't think we'll win by more than 25, unless we get defensive TDs or something. If you're not familiar with Gary Kubiak, if we're up by 20 at the half he'll run that clock down to nothing. It's why we don't score a whole lot of points.

Yep. Classy guy.

these scores yall are saying are ridiculous and pretty laughable. dont expect a rex ryan's defense to have two bad outing two weeks in a row. will the jets offense be able to score is the question. being that I want the Jets to win so we can be 1 1/2 games back in the division im going to say 20-17 jets rebound

Just let me get this straight.

We just beat Aaron Rodgers, yet you're worried about Tim Tebow?

Not for what he does with his arm, but what he does with his legs. He walked all over Pittsburgh last year. I believe we have a good defense, I'm just sayin', the lack of tape and preperation could present a problem. Not saying it will, not saying I'm worrying about it. I'm just saying we have a better sample of what Sanchez will do and can prepare for it. Tebow could present some things our young team is not ready to account for and the element of surprise could be a factor, in the Meadowlands at that, with a hungry NY crowd for a change. I just think we would be better prepared for Sanchez, we know what we are getting. With Tebow, is he gonna run or not? What if he starts to run and pops it over the DB's head at the last second. There are some intangeables there. That is all. I'd rather know what I am facing than have to guess at what is happening.

- Eric

As a Texans fan, my answer is obvious. On paper, the Jets shouldn't stand a chance. But, they don't play the games on paper, so....

For some reason, this whole Monday Night Football "national spotlight" thing makes me nervous. I prefer flying under the radar. The Jets are a wounded animal backed into a corner. Anything can happen.

Just let me get this straight.

We just beat Aaron Rodgers, yet you're worried about Tim Tebow?

Considering Blaine Gabbert beat us, yeah, I kind of worry about any QB. And if he can also run, it's more of a concern. That's why I'd rather face Sanchez.

I think I dislike the Jets more than any other franchise, above the Chargers, and Pats.

So; who do we want to win tonight

Logically, we always want the teams in our division to lose. But, come on man, it's the Jets! I just can't find it in me to root for them. It's not quite a Michigan hate, but it's not too far down the list.

How about you?

Jets have no weapons and the Texans are overloaded with weapons on both sides of the ball.

I predict that Sanchez gets his butt bruised and Tebow comes in for him.....only to wow the fans with a QBR of 23.5 and JJ Watt's class ring emblem pounded into his forehead.

- Eric

Considering Blaine Gabbert beat us, yeah, I kind of worry about any QB. And if he can also run, it's more of a concern. That's why I'd rather face Sanchez.

I know what you guys meant. I was simply pointing out the irony of beating possibly the best player in the league, then worrying about a backup player of (probably) the worst team in the league.

Also, what's with the hate for the Jets? Narcissism and flamboyance is fun.

I know what you guys meant. I was simply pointing out the irony of beating possibly the best player in the league, then worrying about a backup player of (probably) the worst team in the league.

Also, what's with the hate for the Jets? Narcissism and flamboyance is fun.

Only when it's about me. :thmup: Otherwise I despise it.

Hmmmmm....methinks the Jets are so desperate to snag a franchise QB in next year's draft that they're doing their own "Suck for Luck" impression ("Go Splat for Matt"?). They'll do everything possible to lose to the Texans and the Colts...and ever other team on their schedule. I've seen their 2012 playbook, diagramming all four of their plays including the squib punt.

Logically, we always want the teams in our division to lose. But, come on man, it's the Jets! I just can't find it in me to root for them. It's not quite a Michigan hate, but it's not too far down the list.

How about you?

With me the Jets hate is more like a PURDUE BLOCKHEAD HATE!! Go TEXANS - Yuk pluwadpd Yuk :yuk: That was harder to type than I thought!

JJ Watt = BEAST!!! This guy has 8.5 sacks already this season. Hes pretty much unstoppable 1 on 1. Thier already talking about him being a hall of famer. Im not gonna go that far but he definatley is something special. That whole Teexans defsive front is a nightmare. Colts are really gonna have to bring thier A game when we play them at the near the end of the season. Good thing we have some time.

This game was close like i thought it would be. we will have a tough game on sunday. hope we don't become victims of that read option the jets like to run. i think we establish the run early our playaction will be highly effective. just can't wait to see our injury report on Weds.