Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL and NFLRA agree on deal (Merge)

MTC

A few things will happen - regular refs wont call holding on the other side of a field when it has no impact on the play. Then, they wont tolerate too many hits after the whistle. Plus, they know the difference between defensive holding and Pass Interference, the difference is huge due to how many extra yards are provided to the offense due to ignorance of the refs. Most importantly, they will control the game and not let players and coaches think they can get away with more.

On that front, I do welcome the old refs back.

LOL!

On the plus side, you and I can go back to being consumers :highfive2:

Yes yes yes my friend. I will watch tonight and I will do so with a grin as we will hopefully be witnessing the last of scab-ball 2012. Now we can look forward to flawless, mistake free officiating. Too much?

Yes yes yes my friend. I will watch tonight and I will do so with a grin as we will hopefully be witnessing the last of scab-ball 2012. Now we can look forward to flawless, mistake free officiating. Too much?

Scab-ball actually was really entertaining when your team is not on TV. Now we get to go back to criticizing the pros!

This weekend on ESPN radio Mort said if a deal go done this week we wouldn't see the regular refs until week 5 at the soonest. Burocratic stuff would be the hold up.

I'm curious if they would expedite that process to get them back for this week given what happened Monday.

This weekend on ESPN radio Mort said if a deal go done this week we wouldn't see the regular refs until week 5 at the soonest. Burocratic stuff would be the hold up.

I'm curious if they would expedite that process to get them back for this week given what happened Monday.

They made it sound sooner today House....as info....physicals and new Nike Unis to be expedited....lets hope....I heard the same thing you had before today...

They made it sound sooner today House....as info....physicals and new Nike Unis to be expedited....lets hope....I heard the same thing you had before today...

haha yep that's exactly what I heard. I laughed when they listed new uniforms as a hold up, but I understand that was just an example of things that need to get done.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that they get this done as soon as possible

That would be a safe bet.

I would think so.

The reason I posed the question is that Mort made it seem iron clad. However, the statement I heard was prior to Mondays debacle. So it will be interesting to see what kind of leeway they make to get the appropriate refs out quicker.

The politics of this whole thing just make a fan sick. Who wants to bet the NFL denies that Monday night had anything to do with the sudden resolution?

Anyway....time to move on and enjoy football without the distractions. I can't wait to see the signs that fans bring to the games recognizing the real refs with some appreciation.