Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, let's just temper our expectations for this season. Things will get better. I'll be the billionth person to remind you all that Manning went 3-13 his first year.

Its got nothing to do with PM or Luck its got to do with poor officiating and poor coaching desicions IMO

Its got nothing to do with PM or Luck its got to do with poor officiating and poor coaching desicions IMO

Well, we can't do anything about the officiating, Chuck Pagano is a rookie head coach, and I got two words for you - the first is Jim, the second is Mora.

Be patient.

The thing killing the Colts is this horrible, second-half play calling! Two games in a row, now. We CANNOT run the football, nor stop the run like the Ravens or Steelers! It's completely dumb to think with our current OL and DL players, we could be a power running team, or stuff the run. A great offensive coordinator, like Tom Moore, would realize this, and run the offense not based on his pride, but rather according to his current players' talent. Our defense is horrible, so run the score up on offense, rather than go into hermit-mode and run multiple times in a row and punt. How about some bump-n-run from our corners, instead of leaving an eight yard cushion?! The only WRs being jammed and rerouted on the field, are OUR WRs! Colts should have won this game. Against horrible offensive play calling and a bone-headed penalty on a FG attempt, Luck is trying to win games. Can someone on this team help him out, instead of getting in his way?!

Well, we can't do anything about the officiating, Chuck Pagano is a rookie head coach, and I got two words for you - the first is Jim, the second is Mora.

Be patient.

Lol brother im patient but i hate being conservitive,what do we have to loose by going out and going for it,or putting the nail in the coffin?

I had no problem with those 3 run plays at the end it forced Jacksonville to burn all three of there timeouts, we could have taken a shot on 3rd down and 8 sure but that would have been the predictable call, ok lets say we go for it and throw on 3rd down and throw it in the end zone and get a touchdown that still would have left Jacksonville with over a minute on the clock and 1 timeout

Agree 100% when are they going to let luck play his game ? Arians is holding him back in my opinion.

Conservative play calling is killing them. I can't say that enough.

When they start becoming more aggressive is when they start winning more games.

Erm... say what?

Ok, sorry, I engaged in a little hyperbole that I thought would be obvious to anyone who read it. But be honest, in this day and age, did anyone honestly expect our defense to hold a 1 point lead with over a minute to go? May as well go for the first down

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Grigson didn’t hit on another draft pick until Ryan Kelly after Hilton.  Just goes to speak about how good Andrew Luck was that those teams were as good as they were until Luck literally feel apart from carrying the team on his shoulders.  
    • Irsay or no other pro-sports owner is strapped for cash.  Look at the lifestyles they live.  These guys are swimming in money Scrooge McDuck style.  They like to get you to think that they are so that they have to pay for less things like the a new stadium and give them friendly tax breaks but they aren’t.  These guys are super rich even the small market teams like the Colts.  If you want to think they are strapped for cash go a head but we are going to agree to disagree.  
    • I agree. I cannot recall who else he drafted in 2015 but I could not understand why he drafted the WR out of Miami at #29 that year.
    • If I may….    I’ll share some information that I’ve had for about 4 months.   It may or may not surprise you.  This is what I tried to send you the other night but somehow screwed up.      These are the big signing bonuses the Colts have given out over the years when the players 2nd contract came around:  this is from Spotrac.    Nelson:   $31m Leonard:  $20m Smith:      $15m Taylor:      $10.24m Stewart:    $5m      BUT…..    I also found this….   *** When Ballard signed Buckner to 4/84 his SB was 0. *** When Ballard signed Kelly to 4/50 his signing bonus was 0. *** When Ballard signed Moore to 4/33 his signing bonus was 0.  *** When Ballard signed MAC to 3/19 his SB was 0.    To be clear, no agent lets their client sign a deal like this out of the goodness of their heart to help the team.  I think it stands to reason they get something in return.  And I think it’s a higher amount of guaranteed money.  That’s money the player would get even if the team cut the player before the contract was done.   Guaranteeing a higher percentage of money doesn’t cost the Colts anything if the team is confident the player will be in the roster for the life of the contract.    I view this as a sign of a small market team.   The Colts wanted to do this.  It’s to their advantage.  I’m not blaming the Colts for doing this, I think it’s smart business.  But I think it’s a sign that from time to time, Irsay needs a little help so he doesn’t have to write a large check.     This is my view.   I welcome input from all.    @w87r   @Superman  @GoColts8818  
  • Members

• Powerslave

Powerslave 52

• Arby0359

Arby0359 7

• KB

KB 1,044

• Boss7894

Boss7894 177

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 16,845

• PlayForTheTie