Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Indianapolis Colts fans! :) Our Colts play and host their second straight home game as they play Maurice Jones-Drew and the winless and 0-2 Jacksonville Jaguars their first AFC South divisional opponent of the 2012 regular season, and also the battle of rookie head coaches with the Jaguars Mike Mullarkey, and the Colts Chuck Pagano.

Indianapolis leads the overall regular season series 15 games to 7, but the Jaguars won both games in 2011 for the first time in the series. Jags defeated the Colts 17-3 at Indianapolis, and later won the rematch at EverBank Field in Jacksonville in the season finale 19-13 on January 1.

Colts last victory over the Jaguars occured on December 19, 2010 on Week 15, when they defeated Jacksonville 34-24. Peyton Manning threw two TD passes to Austin Collie, 7 yards, and 27 yards. Donald Brown ran a 43-yard TD run, Adam Viniteiri kicked two FG's from 34 and 37 yards, and Colts linebacker Tyjuan Hagler returned a failed onside kick by the Jaguars 41-yards to their end zone for the decisive touchdown and win.

Bill MacAtee and former Buffalo Bills defensive back Steve Tasker will announce the live TV game commentary for The NFL On CBS, seen regionally throughout the US, and locally on WISH CBS 8 in Indianapolis on HD.

Bob Lamey, our 'Voice Of The Colts,' and Will Wolford will also announce the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter Kevin Lee, simulcast on flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM, and WLHK Country 97.1FM, and the Colts/Vectren Radio Network.

LOS's roof might be open for this afternoon's 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because the local forecast for gametime is sunny and clear skies at 59 degrees, feels like 58 degrees, 41% humidity, 0% precipitation, and mild northwest winds at 8 miles per hour.

Colts will wear their blue jerseys and white pants, while the visiting Jaguars will wear their white jerseys, and black pants.

NO injuries to both the Colts and Jaguars on the field of play at LOS, and also wish Head Coach Chuck Pagano and the Colts great Luck to win their second regular season game in 2012. GO COLTS!!!!! :cheer::excited::coltshelmet::coltslogo::colts::coltshorse::coltsfb::1colts::helmet::D:cheer:

Colts Vs. Jaguars NFL Gamecenter:

http://www.nfl.com/g...w&menu=gameinfo

Colts Vs. Jaguars Detailed Press Release On Adobe PDF:

http://prod.static.c...lease-reg03.pdf

Colts Vs. Jaguars Pregame Injury Reports:

http://www.colts.com...ury-report.html

http://www.jaguars.c...ury-report.html

Colts Vs. Jaguars NFL On CBS TV Coverage Map Shaded In Yellow:

http://the506.com/temp11.html

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday is all about the three F's: football with friends on the forum (and sometimes in real life too. Despite the amount of time I spend on here, I do actually have some friends I see in person). To top it all off, we get to watch the Colts beat a division rival! Stuff MJD and they have nothing. Let's go boys!

So sorry I had to get to sleep this morning....I missed the launching of my favorite thread of the week! Excellent post as always as we look to go 2-1 going into the bye week. If we can "Just say No" to the MJD...infamous delayed draw....we will get a much needed divisional win!

Thanks as always to LucasOilStadium!!! The best way to start a big day for the Colts and the great Edgerin James!! :colts: :colts: :colts::td: :td: :td::applause: :applause: :applause: :clap: :clap: :clap: !!!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Im not reading that it would be a shock to anyone if Cooper went in the first.  Just likely the bottom third of the first.  Perhaps after pick 20.   He’s likely the best LB in this class. 
    • Honestly, it wouldn't shock me to see Edgerrin Cooper drafted on Day 1.  He is one of those players that has the "it factor" enough for a team to draft on Day 1.  Each year we see it happen and so-called professionals nowhere close to all those mock drafts.  
    • That's fair.   So, let's say AR pans out - are we serious Super Bowl contenders then? As the roster is right now, with a high-level AR?   I don't think so. I think our roster - disregarding the QB - is a ways behind other contenders. And even worse, I think the roster is just built wrong. This year Ballard has spent a lot of money making sure our defense can defend the run while everyone else are building to stop the passing game. Everything Ballard does is just contradictory to what works in the modern NFL.   So what about the other 9 guys I mentioned?   Wilkins would've been a Buckner level DT to seriously improve the pass rush up the middle. Huff had at least 28% more pressures than ANY of our guys (Buckner highest) while playing 161 FEWER pass rush snaps. And he was signed for a hair over $17m/year and you have "no idea why I'd think Ballard should have considered the 4 big name players who Ballard didn’t pursue"?   Do you think Geno Stone and Frankie Luvu are "bright lights"? I think they are affordable players who would improve this roster in areas of weakness. Same with the other 7 affordable guys I mentioned. The times the McLeod signings work out are so far between it's laughable, but the few who do workout somehow always make people forget the tens of 1 year jags he signs that don't.   We do know, but we also all see the results and that's what people want to see change.   I respect your opinion on this and I don't want to come off as harsh towards you (or anyone else). 👍  But I very much disagree that what Ballard is doing is working.
    • Kind of my own assessment as well with this year's RB Class.  What one lacks another has and so on. Not one complete back and maybe one worthy of being drafted on Day 2, none on Day 1. 
    • I think this is probably deserving of it's own thread, but I'll leave this initial response here. I'm happy to continue the conversation in another thread.   There are a couple of pertinent details that I don't think you're considering.   First, signing bonuses are due upon signing. They aren't necessarily paid upon signing. This article suggests signing bonuses can be paid over the course of 12-18 months. Some signing bonuses are paid in installments. So just because a player contract includes a $20m signing bonus doesn't mean the team is paying the player $20m the day he signs; the player might not receive that $20m for several months, a year, or longer. The pay dates for signing bonuses are almost never reported.   Second, a more comprehensive look at the contracts you mentioned would include roster bonuses. For example, while Buckner's contract did not include a signing bonus, it did include an $11m roster bonus. Spotrac shows the roster bonus was due to be paid on 3/20/2020, which was four days after Buckner's contract was signed. For cash flow purposes, there isn't necessarily a difference. (Ryan Kelly, $10m roster bonus; Kenny Moore, $8m; Mo Alie-Cox, $5.1m.)   Take a closer look at this. Buckner signed a four year extension for $84m, on top of his 5th year option, for a total value of five years, $96.4m. No signing bonus, but the $11m roster bonus, plus a base salary of $12.4m in 2020. The total cash paid to Buckner in the first year was $23.4m. The same day the Colts signed Buckner, the Niners signed Arik Armstead. His contract was five years, $85m, and included a $17.5m signing bonus (no details on the pay dates of the signing bonus). His base salary in 2020 was $2.5m. So the cash paid to Armstead in the first year was $20m, and that's assuming all of his signing bonus was paid out in 2020. In both cases, the Year 1 cash was about 24% of the total value of the contract.   Another example from the same year: Myles Garrett signed for five years, $125m, and his signing bonus and salary totaled $22m, less than 18% of the total value. The previous year, Frank Clark signed with the Chiefs for five years, $104m, with a $19m signing bonus, and a salary + incentives of $1.3m, totaling $20.3m in Year 1 cash, less than 20% of the total value.    There's also the funding rule, which requires that deferred money and fully guaranteed money is placed in escrow when the contract is signed, minus $15m. So if the Colts were offsetting lower signing bonuses with a higher percentage of guaranteed money, they would still need to fund the guaranteed money upfront. So there's really no cash flow benefit to the team; in fact, it would potentially cost the team more to fund the larger guarantees.    All of this put together, I don't think that the Colts are avoiding signing bonuses for cash flow reasons. I'm sure Irsay doesn't have the cash flow of the Rams or Broncos, etc., but I don't think the Colts are using contract structure to help cash flow. 
  • Members

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 20,793

• OhioColt

OhioColt 385

• NFLfan

NFLfan 16,969

Moderators
    • Solid84

Solid84 6,065

• Kirie89

Kirie89 6