Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne needs

FireJimCaldwell

62 yards receiving to surpass Hall of Fame Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin for 20th on the all time receiving yards list.

You dont think of Reggie in the same clas as Michael Irvin

(maybe because Michael has a bigger mouth) but with some 'Luck' Reggie's going to wind up with a mjuch better numbers career...

62 yards receiving to surpass Hall of Fame Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin for 20th on the all time receiving yards list.

This is what I was referring to in another Topic. I thought is was 68, guess I was Wrong. But Congrats to Reggie. Great Player.

Wonder how Irvin will Respond on NFL Total Access?

Irvin won't acknowledge it. If he does, it'll be a short discussion before he moves onto someone like Megatron or Gronk.

I know a lot of it was becase the Colts got stomped..but I didnt see those three one-handed catches on the sports shows...

Folks dont realy know how good Reggie has been and apparently....still is....

Great info FJC!!! I knew he was getting close.....cannot say him surpass the 'best analyst' EVER....well next to Jamie Dukes. REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE!

Thanks

Irvin is worlds better than Dukes. I actually like Irvin a bit, he seems to be one of the more honest analysts out there. Dukes? Dukes is horrible.

they are both miami alums so i doubt it bothers him much

True... The seem to have a fairly decent fraternity type feel with each other.

This is what I was referring to in another Topic. I thought is was 68, guess I was Wrong. But Congrats to Reggie. Great Player.

Wonder how Irvin will Respond on NFL Total Access?

I went and doubled checked..

WR REGGIE WAYNE (11,843) needs 62 receiving yards to surpass HOFer MICHAEL IRVIN (11,904) for No. 20 on all-time receiving yards list. Posted 39th 100-yard receiving game of career last week.

I'm sure Irvin will congratulate him.

Thanks

Irvin is worlds better than Dukes. I actually like Irvin a bit, he seems to be one of the more honest analysts out there. Dukes? Dukes is horrible.

True... The seem to have a fairly decent fraternity type feel with each other.

I went and doubled checked..

WR REGGIE WAYNE (11,843) needs 62 receiving yards to surpass HOFer MICHAEL IRVIN (11,904) for No. 20 on all-time receiving yards list. Posted 39th 100-yard receiving game of career last week.

I'm sure Irvin will congratulate him.

I was a funnin.......:) I like straight up analysts...:)

(maybe because Michael has a bigger mouth) but with some 'Luck' Reggie's going to wind up with a mjuch better numbers career...

I think the reason Reggie is not thought of in the same class as Irvin is that for most, if not all of his years, Irvin was the Cowboy's #1 WR.

But for Reggie, he played most of his years, his best years, as the #2 behind Marvin Harrison. So, it's natural for outsiders who didn't see the greatness of Reggie week in and week out to think of him as not quite in the same class.

And, from my limited view, 2,000 miles away, if Reggie isn't in the same class, he's not far off. He's likely right next door.

Some people detest Irvin's bravado, which I think is a lot more calm than when he was a player. I can't stand Deion, but like Irvin & Sapp.

warren sapp is so happy all the time.....he's great for TV....

deion seems a litle bored with the low-profile teams (like Indy)

I think Michael Irvin is very rough speaking wise......but sincere

Remember last season when Deion said ALL YEAR..that Reggie was GONE from Indianapolis..?

No QUESTION.....no doubt about it

He must have said it 20 times...

Deion says a lot of things. Like his theory that anyone who wears the #21 is gonna be Great just cause Deion wore it. The number doesn't make the Player, the Player makes the Number

Some people detest Irvin's bravado, which I think is a lot more calm than when he was a player. I can't stand Deion & Warner, but like Irvin & Sapp.

Bravado is 'misunderstood.....' in a lot of places.........:) Cocky vs confident....then there is Collnsworth......OK...I am done....for now....:)

I think the reason Reggie is not thought of in the same class as Irvin is that for most, if not all of his years, Irvin was the Cowboy's #1 WR.

But for Reggie, he played most of his years, his best years, as the #2 behind Marvin Harrison. So, it's natural for outsiders who didn't see the greatness of Reggie week in and week out to think of him as not quite in the same class.

And, from my limited view, 2,000 miles away, if Reggie isn't in the same class, he's not far off. He's likely right next door.

That's true.......if they were on the same team....Irvin would be the No.1 guy.....very good point

Dont you think it has to do with the QB, too....

You can argue that Irvin helped make Aikman great but because of Marvin, we know Reggie didnt make Peyton great

That's true.......if they were on the same team....Irvin would be the No.1 guy.....very good point

Dont you think it has to do with the QB, too....

You can argue that Irvin helped make Aikman great but because of Marvin, we know Reggie didnt make Peyton great

That's an interesting point that I hadn't thought of... not sure I want to argue that Reggie didn't help Peyton become great... don't think Peyton would think that...

But, I do think it's fair to say Peyton is a much, much better QB than Aikman, who by the way, is himself a Hall of Famer. But he's not Peyton-good. So, Irvin gets some of that credit, yes....

I hadn't thought of Irvin and Wayne on the same team and who would be the number one. I suppose I'd lean to Irvin, but I don't think he's that much better than Wayne. A little bit maybe? Yes. Anything more than that, no.

Good thoughts, OUM.

Perfect example... Collinsworth Lane is where cocky & confident turn to condescending.

Perhaps.... and you're certainly not alone in that view.... I suspect that's a very popular view.... but I think CC is a man who can back it up.... I think he's smart and bright and insightful and makes for a better broadcast.... all qualities I value.... so I like him...

The same criticism's are often pointed at Tim McCarver in baseball. But, I like him too.

Those may be minority views, but I like them both...

Perhaps.... and you're certainly not alone in that view.... I suspect that's a very popular view.... but I think CC is a man who can back it up.... I think he's smart and bright and insightful and makes for a better broadcast.... all qualities I value.... so I like him...

The same criticism's are often pointed at Tim McCarver in baseball. But, I like him too.

Those may be minority views, but I like them both...

In a typical game, I don't mind Collinsworth. If the game is a Patriots or a Colts game, or well I guess that would now be a Broncos game. I turn it off... He's good for a baker's dozen snide comments.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but that would be 16 more games for Reggie to match Irvin's yardage number. They're about even on receptions pace. But Irvin was better than Reggie on ypc by over 2 yards. Not surprising. Different players, but Reggie's numbers are certainly impressive. He'd still have quite a ways to go be Hall worthy, unfortunately. We're talking All Pro numbers for the next five years.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but that would be 16 more games for Reggie to match Irvin's yardage number. They're about even on receptions pace. But Irvin was better than Reggie on ypc by over 2 yards. Not surprising. Different players, but Reggie's numbers are certainly impressive. He'd still have quite a ways to go be Hall worthy, unfortunately. We're talking All Pro numbers for the next five years.

Im guessing the question is: with Luck (and I hate to keep using the pun) is reggie going to have a couple more 1,000-yard seasons.

Barring injury..this would seem to be one right here...right now

Im guessing the question is: with Luck (and I hate to keep using the pun) is reggie going to have a couple more 1,000-yard seasons.

Barring injury..this would seem to be one right here...right now

It's still a little too early to say but he sure is looking to be heading there. Wonder if defenses are going to go back to similar game planning to his "prime" years(Still remember his top 100 players vid where it shows Belichik talking to his D saying "We have to cover Reggie").

So would this mean that Reggie is a HOF'er? You don't really hear much about him being one, but with him surpassing a HOF'er, you would think that makes him one, right?

In less years than Irvin(Correct me if I'm wrong). It's a solid argument. top 20 WR but he had PM, yet he was #2 for most of his career. Very debatable.

In less years than Irvin(Correct me if I'm wrong). It's a solid argument. top 20 WR but he had PM, yet he was #2 for most of his career. Very debatable.

It's actually one more year than Irvin (16 games exactly). And in a different era, with several receivers outpacing him even right now. And there's a backlog of really good receivers ahead of Reggie. I don't think he makes the Hall unless he produces at a top notch level for the next five years, and even then, he's still got a lot of campaigning to do.

Reggie's numbers will be good enough to get in the Hall. The problem is Super Bowls. Irvin had huge playoff moments and 3 Super Bowls to his credit. I think if the Colts had won that second Super Bowl Reggie would be a sure thing for the Hall. Unless Reggie just kills it with a a different QB (Luck) he won't have a shot. I hope he does well.

Also rooting for Mathis to do well with this new regime. I think Freeney is a sure thing but Mathis is still outside looking in.

I thank God for letting Jerry rice be the all time best receiver and not someone like Irvin or Keyshawn. His humility makes him A great ambassador. Reggie has been a hard worker and is also a good example. I have little use for the Irvin's and Deion sanders of the world....Deion being the worst. I wish jimmy Johnson and Deion had never gone to Dallas. They would have never won those super bowls and we would have a nicer world : )