Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Love My Quarterback But He's Such A Boring Guy!

krunk

Remember people were making a deal about how many commercials RG3

has been in versus the fact that Andrew Luck has not done any commercials.

And Luck boiled it down to wanting to accomplish more production wise before

he started entertaining the thought of any commercials which is certainly respectable.

My question is can you imagine Luck in any commercials in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, I love Luck as our quarterback, but this brother seems

to have about as much personality as a turtle trying to get to the other side

of the road!

Could you imagine this guy doing that same commercial that Peyton does

about the Buick Verano or whatever you call that car? I wonder what the heck

that thing would look like! Peyton is smart as all get out, but he had that funny

country boy wit that had an attracting quality to it. Lucks' personality on the other hand

just doesn't have anything that you can hang onto.

This video after the bears game was about as funny as I've seen him, and it certainly

doesn't qualify for anything that would go viral. The part that I thought was a little funny

is when they asked him about reggie wayne and how much he looks for him in the passing

game and Luck said "It's not like I just jump up on every play saying Where's Reggie, Where's Reggie"

http://www.colts.com/media-center/videos/Postgame-Press-Conference-Andrew-Luck/910b3077-b2c8-497c-ab8a-51c4d8f9c5ba

Let me know what you guys think!

I think that Lucks personality is fine, he is just what many may call nerdy. Some might even call him a L7.

But if you want somebody who has zero personalit, look at Blake Griffen, he has literally zero personality...and his commercials are still hilarious.

Peyton isn't a magnetic person...he like a character on king of the hill, nothing that luck can't match

he started entertaining the thought of any commercials which is certainly respectable.

of the road!

that thing would look like! Peyton is smart as all get out, but he had that funny

country boy wit that had an attracting quality to it. Lucks' personality on the other hand

This video after the bears game was about as funny as I've seen him, and it certainly

doesn't qualify for anything that would go viral. The part that I thought was a little funny

is when they asked him about reggie wayne and how much he looks for him in the passing

game and Luck said "It's not like I just jump up on every play saying Where's Reggie, Where's Reggie"

http://www.colts.com...8a-51c4d8f9c5ba

I'm not sure exactly what type of demeanor you expected out of him after a loss....:???: :scratch: I thought he handled himself well in the post-game interview.

I'm not sure exactly what type of demeanor you expected out of him after a loss.... :???: :scratch: I thought he handled himself well in the post-game interview.

I'm talking about his overall personality as far as humor is concerned. I used that clip to point out a part where he was a little funny

When Petyton first started doing comercials I thought they were about the stupidist thing I had ever seen. But they kind of grow on you. I think Luck has just as much personality as Petyton. He will be fine.

I'd like to see what his first couple commercials look like. Right now I'm having a little struggle imagining.

He's a nice guy and a good person you can see that, but sometimes he seems a little goofy, or maybe

I think the better observation I should have made was goofy.

What the point here? Is thread comparing PM and Aluck # 214? My opinion is that to compare them, is to do both a disservice. They may be QB's who play(ed) for the same team, but they have different coaches, coordinators (all but one for a short time), GM's, defensive schemes, and by the end of next season, nearly completely different players to play beside.

Sounds like I am jumping on the OP, but I am just voicing my opinion about my desire to see the comparisons diminish.

give him 2 years and you will see tv spots with him.

I don't doubt it, but he just doesn't seem to have that commercial personality.

I just started this thread because all the other threads seem to be talking about the same things

that we've discussed more than once.

To be honest with you, all I really care about is for him to win some dang football games. But we all

know that commercials and endorsements are part of pro sports as well, so you can't dismiss it of course.

What the point here? Is thread comparing PM and Aluck # 214? My opinion is that to compare them, is to do both a disservice. They may be QB's who play(ed) for the same team, but they have different coaches, coordinators (all but one for a short time), GM's, defensive schemes, and by the end of next season, nearly completely different players to play beside.

Sounds like I am jumping on the OP, but I am just voicing my opinion about my desire to see the comparisons diminish.

Don't be so sensitive! I didn't mean to make it sound like a Peyton Vs. Luck thing, but more of addressing when Luck

said he plans to wait to do commercials. I'm saying I don't think he really has a commercial type personality.

I love him as a quarterback just as much as anyone else!

I think that Lucks personality is fine, he is just what many may call nerdy. Some might even call him a L7.

But if you want somebody who has zero personalit, look at Blake Griffen, he has literally zero personality...and his commercials are still hilarious.

Peyton isn't a magnetic person...he like a character on king of the hill, nothing that luck can't match

Blake Griffen just gives blank stares and sells it as funny. Blank Griffen.

I don't doubt it, but he just doesn't seem to have that commercial personality.

I just started this thread because all the other threads seem to be talking about the same things

that we've discussed more than once.

To be honest with you, all I really care about is for him to win some dang football games. But we all

know that commercials and endorsements are part of pro sports as well, so you can't dismiss it of course.

i know im fine wtih the thread :D..but i think he commented that he wanted to settle down before making tv ads. i guess by next year he should be able to

I love my QB and he is not boring. I like the person who he is, an down to earth kind of guy. He is not cocky,he is not full of himself and etc. Why do some people have to nitpick him on the most silliest things? I don't want him to be RGIII.I also don't want him to be Tim Tebow and those kind of guys, I want him to be Andrew Luck! He will get his TV ads deals someday. But I am glad he is focusing on football during his rookie year.

I'm talking about his overall personality as far as humor is concerned. I used that clip to point out a part where he was a little funny

If you close your eyes to the right level, you can picture the Stanford "outfit" as a toga. The Helmet can become a small vat of beer, and the crowd can fill in as coeds.

andrew-luck.jpg

national-lampoons-animal-house-12.jpeg

But, you have to have the ability to close your eyes to the proper point and visualize.

Of course the historic Stanford band can play Otis Day and the Knights.

Blake Griffin has a dry wit....he's a funny dude

I could care less if Andrew never does a commercial in his life, btw I don't think he's boring! The most important thing is that he produces on the football field for the Colts! And in time I have no doubt he will become one of the elite QBs in the NFL, and thats all that matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of the road!

I think we break celebrities down into being charsimatic and engaging or colorless and boring and leave no middle ground...

I dont think Andrew is any of the four but I'm withholding judgement because I dont think his personality has come out yet at his age..

of the road!

I said this in Febraury. Good bye endorsements. It was always nice to have your guy in all the spots.

I could care less if Andrew never does a commercial in his life, btw I don't think he's boring! The most important thing is that he produces on the football field for the Colts! And in time I have no doubt he will become one of the elite QBs in the NFL, and thats all that matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can respect your take but it's also smart to take advantage of endorsement opportunities if they are there for you.

Just as long as it doesn't hamper your interest in taking care of your career which is your first priority and what is

creating the endorsement avenues in the first place.

Michael Jordan certainly took advantage, but he made sure he was producing. I'm not saying you are wrong for your

take because it's your take. My take is that you should take advantage if it's there for you, but your interest in that should

never outweigh your performance on the field unless of course you're Tim Tebow who is terrible, but the endorsements

and attention still keep rolling in.

Andrew Luck is goofy he laughs at the littlest things in his interviews. but i dont care what your personality is you can act like Dennis Green all day everyday. as long as your putting up solid numbers and solid play every sunday. He is not boring to watch on Sunday I can tell you that

I love the fact that he said he is more concerned about winning then tv. As far as i'm concerned I see him rolling in slowly not in the next couple of years but maybe after year 3 or 4 but I see it being something simple where he doesn't speak alot ala old gatorade commercials, then again he may just not want to be that guy? I personally don't think that is really a problem. His personality is a bit goofy so he may be a little bashful to them?

Maybe I've missed some but I don't think I've seen any commercials that Mr. Personality RG3 has done that Luck couldn't do. They've all been pretty boring imo.

Luck could certainly say "Eat fresh" at the end of a Subway commercial or talk about WINNING! while sweat flies off of him and his hair in slow motion.

I really think a QB shall be throwing TDs instead of smiling in TV commercials.

I'm glad that Teebowing-Bradying-Griffining insanity doesn't spread over Colts.

AH HAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*GASP*

Are you KIDDING me?!

Peyton was, for a solid DECADE, the biggest commercial prostitute in NFL history.

Irony, thy name is HungarianColtsFan.

I agree.. Luck seems boring. Maybe off camera with his family and friends he is different. I have seen most of his interviews and they are pretty boring. You really don't have to be entertaining to do commercials.. they can make anybody look good.

good point