Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The return of the sherriff

oldunclemark

Still the greatest...nothing else needs to be said.

Steelers = #1 D last season. Just sayin'. Granted they're missing some big names.

In the preseason, Denver's starters shredded the 49ers' starters. Granted, that was preseason.

Manning has a team that doesn't flat out suck now. Even if his arm isn't what it was in 2004, his mind/awareness are sharp as ever. If not better with every passing season. How do you think he survived behind our O-line for the past three or four seasons? It definitely wasn't his scrambling ability. :D (Although he did the giraffe run for a first down tonight.)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New team, new offense with some old concepts mixed in, Peyton just showed us why he was the most coveted free agent!!! It was also classy on his part not to force a bidding war because he would have gotten more from the Titans!!!

I am glad he stayed in the AFC that would give him more chances to get to the big dance during the home stretch of his career. I am also glad he did not listen to that crazy Bud Adams!!! :)

Also don't forget a running game too!

A running game? Isn't that where you hand the ball off and your RB is immeditately tackled for a five or six yard loss? Or runs in to a wall of defenders at the LOS due to non existant O-line blocking?

OH!

You had me confused. The Broncos have an NFL O-line, not a Colts one. :D

New team, new offense with some old concepts mixed in, Peyton just showed us why he was the most coveted free agent!!! It was also classy on his part not to force a bidding war because he would have gotten more from the Titans!!!

I am glad he stayed in the AFC that would give him more chances to get to the big dance during the home stretch of his career. I am also glad he did not listen to that crazy Bud Adams!!! :)

I do wish he went to the 49'ers, though. Their D is better than Denver's. Plus we'd have a real shot at Manning's 49'ers and Brady's Patriots in the SUPERBOWL. Would answer a lot of questions real quick when they both have a real TEAM behind them.

Alex Smith is a poor QB - and the sole reason (special teams blunders aside) that SF didn't go to the SB last season. They're a solid QB away from NFL dominance. Their O-line isn't as good as Denver's, but it doesn't have to be if a good to great QB is there. The D more than makes up for it.

Denver just got a look at what we have been so fortunate to have for the past decade. I hope they enjoyed that! Truely special cat. Happy he got that monkey off his back and he can just play and enjoy himself. He got sacked, he threw TDs, he got his first win....now just go get you another SB because the Colts will be back soon and I don't want to feel bad ruin his day.

The Steelers D is tired and frustrated while their offense has been sitting on the side for a long time. Peyton and Polamalu are playing mind games haha

2 zen masters at work. 1 on offense. The other on defense. And once again the chess master is Yoda AKA Peyton Manning. I love this!!!

Are we sure #18's not a Jedi Master? He slices up NFL secondary's like a kitten at play. haha:thmup:

2 zen masters at work. 1 on offense. The other on defense. And once again the chess master is Yoda AKA Peyton Manning. I love this!!!

Are we sure #18's not a Jedi Master? He slices up NFL secondary's like a kitten at play. haha:thmup:

He was very good for first game in over a year,very PM like,almost like he hadnt missed a game! :worthy:lmao

He was very good for first game in over a year,very PM like,almost like he hadnt missed a game! :worthy:lmao

I know Jay. It was fascinating to watch. You can see Big Ben's fear in his eyes that he might not get a chance to win the game as Peyton methodically moved the ball in hurry up. And then CB Porter picked off #7, when Peyton and Big Ben were talking on the sidelines at the end of the game, Peyton probably said "Don't feel bad man Porter did the same thing to me in the SB in 2009. Great game though." haha:lol:lmao

I was very nervous, anxious, excited, scared, and hopeful for this game tonight. Now I'm just grateful that he's BACK and so excited to watch him the rest of the season.

You and me both! :) So, so happy for Peyton. It must have been a long and hard road. Couldn't have been easy to wear a different uniform and learn to be a Bronco. I have so much admiration for him.

I had stomach ache early on when they kept converting those 3rd and longs. But my goodness, Peyton freaking Manning to the rescue! I'm now a believer of thin-air & no-huddle. And the thought kept me up late into the night. I'm so tired.

I know Jay. It was fascinating to watch. You can see Big Ben's fear in his eyes that he might not get a chance to win the game as Peyton methodically moved the ball in hurry up. And then CB Porter picked off #7, when Peyton and Big Ben were talking on the sidelines at the end of the game, Peyton probably said "Don't feel bad man Porter did the same thing to me in the SB in 2009. Great game though." haha:lol:lmao

Yes he probably did :lol:

I do wish he went to the 49'ers, though. Their D is better than Denver's. Plus we'd have a real shot at Manning's 49'ers and Brady's Patriots in the SUPERBOWL. Would answer a lot of questions real quick when they both have a real TEAM behind them.

Alex Smith is a poor QB - and the sole reason (special teams blunders aside) that SF didn't go to the SB last season. They're a solid QB away from NFL dominance. Their O-line isn't as good as Denver's, but it doesn't have to be if a good to great QB is there. The D more than makes up for it.

I don't think it would be fair if he went to San Fran. That offense with the MANning and Moss would be as good as their defense. I disagree about their O-line not being as good as Denver. One thing people tend to forget is how much better Peyton makes his teammates. He and JD Walton are as linked as he and Saturday were. Walton probably got a crash course in protection schemes this offseason. That's gotta be a big reason why they looked so good last night, cuz last year they were regarded as one of the worst lines in football....with all the same guys.

I know this is premature, but I'd really like to see a Peyton-led team go 19-0. I felt robbed for the guy in '09 and I want what Elway wants....to see him go down as the best QB to ever play the game.

I'll have what you're having ;) I already consider him to be the best I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

Wow. That's all I can say. As a die hard Broncos fan, I knew Peyton was good because of the back to back playoff thrashings and other regular season defeats we received because of him. After watching him lead our team last night, I can say without a doubt he has got to be the greatest player to ever play the game. I don't think I have ever seen someone just seemingly be able to do whatever he wanted to with the ball and don't even get me started on his ability to change the plays at the LOS. I was in awe throughout the whole game and even after the game just thinking about the possibilities the Broncos have this season with him leading us. We are so lucky to have had him choose Denver as his next team. It's a special time to be a Bronco fan.

Peyton played really great last night . . . it will be exciting to see how he does in Denver . . . Tebow was able to lead the team to a winning record (with his starts), so the team has a good base, and they have added a few players . . . Pitt was without a few key players, but still a strong showing by Peyton . . .

we'll get a better idea of Peyton's performance 6-8 games into the season . . .