Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Game One

GoColts8818

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning's first start: 302 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT.

Luck's first start: 309 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

I'm NOT Worried about this Team at ALL. It's only the 1st Game

That's amazing.....those numbers....

Luck was very good and he wont play the Bears every week. I saw very little from AL Sunday I didnt expect to see, did any of you?

That's amazing.....those numbers....

Luck was very good and he wont play the Bears every week. I saw very little from AL Sunday I didnt expect to see, did any of you?

Lack of arm strength and his accuracy issues kinda shocked me a little bit but I think both can be explained and more importantly fixed. The arm strength sounds like it was more of a product of footwork. Some film time and practice will fix that. The accuracy issue could have very well been a product of just being a rookie. So nothing I would sound major alarms about but two things I didn't expect to see that can be fixed.

I also didn't expect them to look at as good as they did as a team at the end of the first half when they went right down the field. Frankly Manning spoiled us with that and that is very hard for teams to be able to do.

Lack of arm strength and his accuracy issues kinda shocked me a little bit but I think both can be explained and more importantly fixed. The arm strength sounds like it was more of a product of footwork. Some film time and practice will fix that. The accuracy issue could have very well been a product of just being a rookie. So nothing I would sound major alarms about but two things I didn't expect to see that can be fixed.

I also didn't expect them to look at as good as they did as a team at the end of the first half when they went right down the field. Frankly Manning spoiled us with that and that is very hard for teams to be able to do.

I dont want to cal underthrowing 2 balls lack of arm strength...

He may have been shortening his passing motion because of the constant rush.

I thouhgt he did very wel for his 1st NFL game aginst a veteran defense on the road...

I was not bothered by the interceptions......especial;ly the tipped balls...that's going to hapen with a guy who throws 35-40 times a game

I wouldnt say cutler outplayed him by miles and miles...Luck had his good moments, and his bad. He overthrew Wayne twice, was scrambling for his life most of the game. That was a very good defense to play to get it down as what to expect in the NFL. things move way faster, he looked rushed and not cool calm and collective. He will only get better from here...

I wouldnt say cutler outplayed him by miles and miles...Luck had his good moments, and his bad. He overthrew Wayne twice, was scrambling for his life most of the game. That was a very good defense to play to get it down as what to expect in the NFL. things move way faster, he looked rushed and not cool calm and collective. He will only get better from here...

Yeah there were times you could just see it in his face and body language he wasn't used to the speed. Most rookie QBs have that problem so that's not shocking. There were also times when he looked to throw you could tell he is still trying to figure out what is "open" and what isn't in the NFL. Again normal. That's why I was really thinking about Archie said about rookie Peyton once when he said he called him after the first Pats game and Peyton told him "dad no one is open." He looked like a promising rookie QB to me clearly some things to work out that have been spelled out but at the sametime a lot of promise as well. There will probably be a moment this year where we just see the light go on for Luck and it's just "I figured it out!" For Peyton it was against the Jets late in his rookie season. It was his first come from behind victory as a QB and you could just see it in the way he played that he had figured the NFL out and Manning was off to the races from there and has never looked back.

Well how long has he played in the NFL :???: and look at his o-line compared to the Colts o-line. Nuff said I guess. JMO

agreed, he's a rook, i wish he could have hit Reggie on those couple plays when he was pressured, who knows what would have happened. Manning looked unbelievable tonight, completely out-witting the Steelers. UGH, i miss him.

One thing i noticed with luck is he's super competitive and thats sometimes bad.. there was one play i think after his second pic they went with a play action pass and wayne was wide open but instead he threw the pass to fleener.

That may not have been a big thing but wayne had the best chance of catching that ball for another 1st down, all in all id say a pretty good game.

He did about as I expected. When the line gave him time to throw he looked pretty good. He lead a couple of nice drives. What he did at the end of the first half even though it didn't get points was really good.

He had a couple of bad luck INTs, there should have been a flag on the one where the ball was under thrown and it sure looked like the the Colts thought they had a free play. The other one was just a great play by the Bears that's going to happen. The fumble is a product of bad o-line play and Peppers just being in the right spot.

One thing I would be concerned about is he had some accuracy issues. He's a rookie QB playing his first game on the road against the Bears so I am not going to freak out over this. Just something I noticed. He over threw a few WRs today and it's just something he needs to work on based on this game that's all.

I remember Archie telling a story once of talking to Peyton after the first Pats game his rookie year when Peyton just had an awful game and his dad said Peyton told him "Dad no one is open." Luck had that look at times today and that's just something that is going to come in time.

All and all I'd say it was about on par with Manning's first outing as a QB. It wasn't great like RG3's but it wasn't as bad as Tannehill either.

This is a good post you've made, but in my opinion I don't think he had a problem finding open receivers.

I think as you stated in the top half of your post, he had accuracy issues in a couple of cases which I think

he is going to clean up. I expect him to show much improvement in the Vikings game!

The problem i noticed with Luck is that almost all his passes were behind his receivers. He had a hard time leading them. Many times his receivers, like browns first drop and some of Fleeners, had to turn back or slow down to catch the ball. All 3 of his interceptions were because he threw the ball behind his receivers rather than leading them. He threw to where his receivers were, not where he wanted them to be.

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll just put it here, but this picture has me wondering. Could this be part of the accuracy issue's he had yesterday. Notice in the picture he's throwing the ball and then notice where the laces are. Is this because he was rushed or does he do this often? Is it because he was nervous and in a hurry, or what? I don't think I've ever seen a QB throw the ball without using the laces, that can cause serious accuracy issue's, but if he done it because he was rushed all day, well I don't know but it needs to be fixed no matter the issue.

e497feacbb8f4e2a8278892b1a762c1e--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg?width=960&height=720

I dont know if thats the case balzer...but like Gocolts said, i think he is having problems knowing whats open and whats not open. and thats fine id expect that out of his first game.

the last int, for me, it was a combination of thinking he was open when he wasnt(or at least not where he threw it, maybe a ocuple of yards ahead), and his backfoot like i mentioned earlier on another thread.

the first int is 100 on his backfoot IMO.

the good thing is, If I am right, that is completely correctable

The problem i noticed with Luck is that almost all his passes were behind his receivers. He had a hard time leading them. Many times his receivers, like browns first drop and some of Fleeners, had to turn back or slow down to catch the ball. All 3 of his interceptions were because he threw the ball behind his receivers rather than leading them. He threw to where his receivers were, not where he wanted them to be.

Browns drop hit him in the hands. Brown was looking down the field to run before he caught it both times. That's 100% on Brown which is why it was highlighted on the broadcast unless there was a third drop I am not recalling.

Browns drop hit him in the hands. Brown was looking down the field to run before he caught it both times. That's 100% on Brown which is why it was highlighted on the broadcast unless there was a third drop I am not recalling.

This is true, he did drop it and it did hit his hands. But when running a route like that it is much easier to catch when it is ahead of you than having to slow and twist your body around to catch it. I am no expert but i have played in flag football leagues and have run that same route. I can tell you it is easier to catch when its ahead of you than behind.

I dont know if thats the case balzer...but like Gocolts said, i think he is having problems knowing whats open and whats not open. and thats fine id expect that out of his first game.

the last int, for me, it was a combination of thinking he was open when he wasnt(or at least not where he threw it, maybe a ocuple of yards ahead), and his backfoot like i mentioned earlier on another thread.

the first int is 100 on his backfoot IMO.

the good thing is, If I am right, that is completely correctable

I'm not gonna say much about the 1st interception, I've re-watched that throw several times and I think it's being overblown. That was just about a perfect pass. It may have been a foot under thrown and Jennings just jumped a mile in the air to take it away. I think every QB in the league would slightly over throw or slightly under throw that same pass 9 times out of 10. It was a difficult throw and Luck delivered it just about exactly where it needed to be, but like I said, Jennings just made a great play.

This is true, he did drop it and it did hit his hands. But when running a route like that it is much easier to catch when it is ahead of you than having to slow and twist your body around to catch it. I am no expert but i have played in flag football leagues and have run that same route. I can tell you it is easier to catch when its ahead of you than behind.

There was nothing wrong with that pass it was a routine pass running backs catch all the time in the nfl. You see that throw every week. That's browns fault for dropping it.

There was nothing wrong with that pass it was a routine pass running backs catch all the time in the nfl. You see that throw every week. That's browns fault for dropping it.

Ok idk if you understand what i am trying to say. Yes it was browns fault, no doubt about it. That throw you see every week though is usually more ahead of them than his back shoulder side. Thats all i was saying that it could have been made easier. That was just one of my examples of him throwing behind or at his receivers rather than leading them.

Ok idk if you understand what i am trying to say. Yes it was browns fault, no doubt about it. That throw you see every week though is usually more ahead of them than his back shoulder side. Thats all i was saying that it could have been made easier. That was just one of my examples of him throwing behind or at his receivers rather than leading them.

No I undestand it but there is a reason why qbs make that throw like that every week thier coaches coach them too. The issue was not where the ball was thrown the issue was brown looking down field before he caught it. It's not like the other throws you mentioned where luck was behind the wrs. Those are a product of luck still getting used to speed. The throws to brown were by design.

luck played fairly well given the fact that he's a rookie and the bears have a top 5 defense. the wr's dropped about 4 passes and donald brown 2, which would have made his completion % 62. he'll play much better vs the vikings and will be at home.

Yeah as long as the oline doesn't get him killed. That might be his biggest challenge and that is completely out of his hands.

I'm not gonna say much about the 1st interception, I've re-watched that throw several times and I think it's being overblown. That was just about a perfect pass. It may have been a foot under thrown and Jennings just jumped a mile in the air to take it away. I think every QB in the league would slightly over throw or slightly under throw that same pass 9 times out of 10. It was a difficult throw and Luck delivered it just about exactly where it needed to be, but like I said, Jennings just made a great play.

I think for the first time we disagree. that ball was not a terrible throw by any means, but it was underthrown. Avery had his man beat deep pretty good, he had like 3 steps ahead, if Luck was able to put it ahead it was a touchdown. he just underthrow him IMO.

and im fine btw, im not bashing Luck, its good he made that mistake, now he will learn. nobody here is expecting a sb or something like that, so everything right now is about learning and im sure he willl

As a true colts fan I can honestly say that I am ecstatic about the look and the direction of the new team. I for one will always be grateful for everything that Manning was able to do in order to make this franchise respectable again. I will continue to follow his remaining years and root for success as long as he is not playing the colts, however the look of this new monster has brightened my look for many years to come. We can no longer look to the past, however for those that remember the past it always relied on Manning being perfect, which makes me believe that there will never be another Manning. The guy is a true champion, however for once we can look forward to being a true all round football team and will be able to make mistakes. I like offense just as much as the next guy, but I also like being able to stop someone on the other side of the ball. What I witnessed yesterday makes me look forward to years to come, and for what it's worth I think the defense will only become stronger and it was a nice change to see corners actually playing press coverage rather than giving a ten yard cushion on every play. Last time we seen Marshall in the cover 2 I believe he had a hall of fame career day against us for 21 receptions, 200 yards and two touchdowns. I believe yesterday he was cut in half for 9 receptions, 119 yards, and one touchdown. I for one look forward to the rest of the season as well as being able to witness the start of another hall of fame career in the making. I believe that when we look back on it over the next decade we will see Luck with a better playoff career record and at least just as many Super Bowl wins if not more.

He did about as I expected. When the line gave him time to throw he looked pretty good. He lead a couple of nice drives. What he did at the end of the first half even though it didn't get points was really good.

He had a couple of bad luck INTs, there should have been a flag on the one where the ball was under thrown and it sure looked like the the Colts thought they had a free play. The other one was just a great play by the Bears that's going to happen. The fumble is a product of bad o-line play and Peppers just being in the right spot.

One thing I would be concerned about is he had some accuracy issues. He's a rookie QB playing his first game on the road against the Bears so I am not going to freak out over this. Just something I noticed. He over threw a few WRs today and it's just something he needs to work on based on this game that's all.

I remember Archie telling a story once of talking to Peyton after the first Pats game his rookie year when Peyton just had an awful game and his dad said Peyton told him "Dad no one is open." Luck had that look at times today and that's just something that is going to come in time.

All and all I'd say it was about on par with Manning's first outing as a QB. It wasn't great like RG3's but it wasn't as bad as Tannehill either.

It's hard to be pin point when you can't step up in the pocket the tackles was not the problem it's was the interior line rg, c, lg then got blown off the spot all night long and pocket was not clean once the tackles road there man out well it was the interior line man the center looked lost really double teaming while a guy rush free up middle

He floats them because at times....he lifts his back foot on his deep throws. If he keeps it planted he has more leverage and those balls don't float. We saw that in practice...and he worked on it and made progress but as we saw today...under pressure...its something that will take a lot longer to over come. People fall back on bad habits when pressured. I will say though that he made GREAT reads today. Threw to the open receiver time and again...it is clear he will be a great qb someday. Those are the things that rookies usually struggle with...or never get. He has that...he just has some mechanics to over come....that will get fixed with work and repetition...and hopefully a little more time to feel comfortable in the pocket. But don't kid yourself. He had flaws in college....some don't want to believe it....but this is something that can be easily over come. He will be fine. It was never a question of his arm strength...he has that....not in spades but plenty strong enough....so throwing a ball 70 yards he can do....but at times...on those deeper passes he lifts that back foot....causes him to lose accuracy and yes...float it.

People seem to forget that Peyton had flaws too. It took him several years to learn how to throw on the run and also to step up in the pocket when pressure came instead of turning tail and taking a 10 yard sack.

Oh and remember the "Happy Feet"?

Can I mentio that if Donald Brown catches that 3rd and 1 where he was in motion...he might score on that play

then its about 350 yards and a 41-28 game..

..also..one on intereception...Luck thought a Bear was offsides...ansd he threw it up...Tim Jennings made a great interception..but that one's not on Andrew...

Can I mentio that if Donald Brown catches that 3rd and 1 where he was in motion...he might score on that play

then its about 350 yards and a 41-28 game..

..also..one on intereception...Luck thought a Bear was offsides...ansd he threw it up...Tim Jennings made a great interception..but that one's not on Andrew...

That ball was still under thrown and that is on him if Avery doesn't have to slow up for the ball he had Jennings beat and that's a TD. I am not going to be hard on him for going deep on a free play every team does that just if you do that you better darn well know you have the free play. Again he's a rookie he'll learn with tape.

All and all I'd much rather him make this mistakes now because he'll learn from them. I was happy with what I saw from Luck on Sunday. Having the third highest yards passing mark for any rookie in his first game isn't exactly something to just dismiss (not that you are). It clearly means he's doing something right.

We can play coulda, woulda, shoulda all we want like on the dropped Brown pass but it doesn't change the fact it happen and those are mistakes, rather they have happened in the past or not, that have to get corrected going forward. I am sure they will be. Samething with Luck we can make the excuse of oh he thought he had a free play and say and Jennings made a great play which he did. It doesn't change the fact that pass was still under thrown by Luck which was a problem most of the day he was either under throwing guys or behind guys. To me that's a sign he's just not used to the speed of the NFL game yet which again as a rookie isn't shocking or anything to be concerned yet. I think there will come a moment this season where the light just goes on for Luck and you just see that he's got it figured out. For Peyton that was the Jets game his rookie year in the second half. That's not to say Luck will be done growing at the point but it'll be a major step when it happens.

Again I am not trying to be hard on Luck at all. For a rookie playing in his first game with little line protection and not much of a running game to speak of and the defense getting torn up by the Bears offense he held his own.

That ball was still under thrown and that is on him if Avery doesn't have to slow up for the ball he had Jennings beat and that's a TD. I am not going to be hard on him for going deep on a free play every team does that just if you do that you better darn well know you have the free play. Again he's a rookie he'll learn with tape.

All and all I'd much rather him make this mistakes now because he'll learn from them. I was happy with what I saw from Luck on Sunday. Having the third highest yards passing mark for any rookie in his first game isn't exactly something to just dismiss (not that you are). It clearly means he's doing something right.

We can play coulda, woulda, shoulda all we want like on the dropped Brown pass but it doesn't change the fact it happen and those are mistakes, rather they have happened in the past or not, that have to get corrected going forward. I am sure they will be. Samething with Luck we can make the excuse of oh he thought he had a free play and say and Jennings made a great play which he did. It doesn't change the fact that pass was still under thrown by Luck which was a problem most of the day he was either under throwing guys or behind guys. To me that's a sign he's just not used to the speed of the NFL game yet which again as a rookie isn't shocking or anything to be concerned yet. I think there will come a moment this season where the light just goes on for Luck and you just see that he's got it figured out. For Peyton that was the Jets game his rookie year in the second half. That's not to say Luck will be done growing at the point but it'll be a major step when it happens.

Again I am not trying to be hard on Luck at all. For a rookie playing in his first game with little line protection and not much of a running game to speak of and the defense getting torn up by the Bears offense he held his own.

GoColts...I dont think its an excuse...and I didnt think that pass (speaking only of that one) was underthrown by accident or because of lack of arm strentgh

I think he was throwing it up where he had a one-on-one situation and he was risking the interception because he had a free play..

To me.... that's what you do when you have a free play.....you thorw up a one-on-one jump ball situation.

If Avery comes back he gets an interference call....or a jump ball ..by continuing to run he gave Jenngs a chance for a great play which he made..

I dont blame the receiver ...it wasomewhat of an adlib....Avery (and you) obviously didnt read it that way but that's what I thought I saw..

I saw Luck make mistakes Sunday (I thought he could have run for a couple of first downs where he pulled up and threw incompletions) I just think to read into that Avery pass that he wasn't used to the speed of the NFL game or his recivers speed would be a correct conclusion if there wasnt an obvious (to everyone but the ref) penalty..

Thenn again..I wanted him to play morein the pre-season for the reasons you suggest

..and its okay to be extra hard on Luck....I/m sure he takes the blame for all passes he throws..as he should...

GoColts...I dont think its an excuse...and I didnt think that pass (speaking only of that one) was underthrown by accident or because of lack of arm strentgh

It was under thrown Luck said as much in his post game presser and Pagano said it again last night. With that said I'd agree it wasn't because of lack of arm strength now that I've had some time to look at things not just doing right after it. It had more to do with speed of the game and poor footwork on Luck's part. Something Luck himself said is the biggest thing he needs to improve. Again, he's a rookie these things are going to happen but ignoring the fact that if Luck puts the ball where it should have been and Avery doesn't have to slow up that's a touchdown isn't going to help. Those are the little things that makes great QBs great.

I think he was throwing it up where he had a one-on-one situation and he was risking the interception because he had a free play..

To me.... that's what you do when you have a free play.....you thorw up a one-on-one jump ball situation.

Again I agree with you which is why I didn't fault him for it. All QBs do but again if he's going to do that he needs to know for a fact he has a free play. As it turns out he did not.

If Avery comes back he gets an interference call....or a jump ball ..by continuing to run he gave Jenngs a chance for a great play which he made..

I dont blame the receiver ...it wasomewhat of an adlib....Avery (and you) obviously didnt read it that way but that's what I thought I saw..

You know how hard it is to stop on a dime when you are going full speed and turn around get a PI call? In fact if Jennings is playing the ball there it shouldn't be a flag because he would have as much right to the ball as Avery did.If you watch the play you can see Avery stop and trying to reposition to catch the ball. He tried it's hard to do and if he just knocks Jennings out of the way it's now Offensive PI. Also if Luck puts the pass where it should have been he hits Avery in stride and it's a TD. That's the bigger issue. Trying to blame anyone but Luck which you are doing isn't going to help anyone. Luck made a mistake it happens he'll learn from it and grow from it. It's not the end of the world and there is nothing wrong with saying Luck made a mistake. He'd be the first one to tell you he under threw what should have been a TD.

I saw Luck make mistakes Sunday (I thought he could have run for a couple of first downs where he pulled up and threw incompletions) I just think to read into that Avery pass that he wasn't used to the speed of the NFL game or his recivers speed would be a correct conclusion if there wasnt an obvious (to everyone but the ref) penalty..

I've seen other others on here say hey I am not so sure the Bears guy was off-sides when they watched it again. With that said rather he had a free play or not it doesn't change what happened on the play. What happened on the play was Luck under threw the ball rather that is because he didn't put enough on it to account for Avery's speed or because he had poor footwork it's still a mistake on Luck's part. It's something he has to improve and again for a rookie QB there is NOTHING wrong with that. It's to be expected and frankly good that he's making these mistakes now. This is the advantage to playing him out of the gate.

Thenn again..I wanted him to play morein the pre-season for the reasons you suggest

All that would have happened by playing him more in the pre-season is he would have torched other teams back ups and that doesn't do him any good because it's going to teach him bad habbits that he can get away with against none starters in the NFL.

..and its okay to be extra hard on Luck....I/m sure he takes the blame for all passes he throws..as he should...

It's not being extra hard on him it's just saying hey he did this well and he needs to work on this.

I agree with much of what you say..

(but I do like to debate..just call me Stephan A.)

I think you are wrong to say that 'having a free play' changes what you do and what risks you take on that play....

but I would admit there's 2 sides gto that....maybe others can comment

..and if Avery comes back over Jennings back ..do you think that's interference?

Cant the offensive player ALWAYS go fo the ball..Marshall went over our DB's backs

..and of course Andrew said it was his fault..that's what a leader does......

..and yes..I do know how hard it is to stop a full out run and come back to the ball but I would be Avery would tell you he could (not should) have .....he made an effort to slow and if Jennings doesnt get up so high..we're probably debating the differences between RomneyCare and ObamaCare this day....

You know I'm not a pro-Luck or anti-Luck lock-step guy because you've read a lot of my posts...

..and I know you arent bashing him because I've read yours...

but i do think there is a general conceptive flow about who did what after a game..espcecially a loss...and i like to take each play exactly as it occurred.

Sometimes, even though we dont want to say that.... there is no fault...(responsibility sure, but no fault) on a play...and I think the Tim Jennings leaping INT on the shadow 'offside' may have been one of them.......I thought luck was a victim of circumstnaces

My Honest assessment of Andrew is based on an above poster's comments. High passes are a common theme with Andrew.

I love our QB, but please, someone from the Colts assure us they are working with Luck on his throwing mechanics. He plant's that front foot and "throws behind" that planted foot causing his passes to sail high. He rarely "gets on top of the lead leg". Saw it watching many Stanford games, saw it at training camp, in preseason and saw it @ the Bears. Obviously, throwing under pressure will also cause this, but witnessed this when he had a clean pocket.

1) He's going to get his receivers killed, and 2) He's going to throw a lot of picks that way.

I agree with much of what you say..

(but I do like to debate..just call me Stephan A.)

I think you are wrong to say that 'having a free play' changes what you do and what risks you take on that play....

It's pretty much a well known fact when you have a free play you chuck it deep you just need to make sure you have the free play first. Something Luck will do. Reggie Wayne talked about this exact play today on the radio. He said he was on the sidelines and saw what he thought was the Bear jumping off sides and he was yelling chuck it deep and heard Luck do the hot check right before they snapped the ball. When he didn't see the flag come out he said he was yelling throw it away.

but I would admit there's 2 sides gto that....maybe others can comment

..and if Avery comes back over Jennings back ..do you think that's interference?

It should be just like a defender went over his. Jennings has as much right to the ball as he does.

Cant the offensive player ALWAYS go fo the ball..Marshall went over our DB's backs

Marshall is also a lot taller than Avery and very rarely did Marshall stop at full speed and turnback to go get an under thrown pass. That's hard to do when you are in a full sprint like Avery was. You can't go threw somebody. If Jennings had poistion which he would have Avery can't just jump into him or put his hands on him to go up and get it just like a DB can't do that to him. Marshall didn't as much go over our guys as he used his height to extend his arms hirer than theirs to get it. Given Avery's height I don't think he would have been able to do that to Jennings without pushing off of him which would draw a flag.

..and of course Andrew said it was his fault..that's what a leader does......

It's also because it was an under thrown ball by Andrew. If he throws that ball where he's supposed to it's a touchdown. This isn't him falling on his sword like a good leader it's him acknowledging he made a mistake.

..and yes..I do know how hard it is to stop a full out run and come back to the ball but I would be Avery would tell you he could (not should) have .....he made an effort to slow and if Jennings doesnt get up so high..we're probably debating the differences between RomneyCare and ObamaCare this day....

Jennings made a great play I never said he didn't. What I said was because Luck under threw the ball it gave Jennings a chance to make a great play. If he doesn't under throw that ball and throws it where he's supposed to that's a touchdown for the Colts. That's what makes great QBs great they make that play. It will come for Luck in time.

You know I'm not a pro-Luck or anti-Luck lock-step guy because you've read a lot of my posts...

..and I know you arent bashing him because I've read yours...

but i do think there is a general conceptive flow about who did what after a game..espcecially a loss...and i like to take each play exactly as it occurred.

Yeah and Luck made the mistake here not Avery. He did his job he beat his guy down the field. If Avery had made that catch it would have been a great job on his part on a poorly thrown ball by Luck. That's the issues here anyway you slice it. It was a bad throw by Luck and it's something he has to work on and I am sure he will. If our coaches were doing what you have been doing here which is blaming anyone but Luck they would stunt Luck's growth because you are excusing his mistake and he learns nothing from it. Luck made the mistake he'll learn from it and there is nothing wrong with say hey Luck is the one who messed up on this play.

Sometimes, even though we dont want to say that.... there is no fault...(responsibility sure, but no fault) on a play...and I think the Tim Jennings leaping INT on the shadow 'offside' may have been one of them.......I thought luck was a victim of circumstnaces

No Luck was the victim of a poor throw. If he makes the throw he needs to make there that's a touchdown. This isn't like the fumble where he dropped back and got hit and the ball got knocked out and feel into Peppers hands. That's being a victim of circumstances because there was nothing else Luck could have done there. He could have done something here he could have made a better throw.

Without even reading the entire thread, I'm going to guess that someone questioned his arm strength because of the under thrown balls. I think the questions surrounding his arm strength has gotten into so many people's heads that every time he does under throw a receiver, someone will question it. My suggestion to Andrew would be two call a couple deep routes and just heave it 10 yeards over everyone's head. Just to change the discussion a bit.....

Without even reading the entire thread, I'm going to guess that someone questioned his arm strength because of the under thrown balls. I think the questions surrounding his arm strength has gotten into so many people's heads that every time he does under throw a receiver, someone will question it. My suggestion to Andrew would be two call a couple deep routes and just heave it 10 yeards over everyone's head. Just to change the discussion a bit.....

That was me in the first post which was said right after about it happened. With that said since then others have pointed out and I agree with them it was probably more of a product of poor footwork on his part (something Luck said himself he needs to work on the most) and just the speed of the game. He was behind everyone all day which tells me the game is still going faster than he is used too which is normal for a rookie. There will come a moment this season when the game slows down for him and once it does Luck will take off.