Donald Brown RB 5-10 210

Dwayne Allen F 6-3 255

Coby Fleener TE 6-6 250

Austin Collie WR 6-0 204

Reggie Wayne WR 6-0 198

Winston Justice RT 6-6 317

Mike McGlynn RG 6-4 327

Samson Satele C 6-3 299

Seth Olsen LG 6-5 305 I believe Reitz is out with a knee problem.

Anthony Costanzo LT 6-7 315

How much will Avery, Hilton, Ballard, Carter, Moore, Jones, and Adams play?

Chicago's defense is tough and will show us how far our O has come. Can the line protect Luck and gets us past 100 yards rushing?

bears pass defense isnt great(28th last year) but they stop the run with the best of them(5th last year)...Luck should have a pretty good day throwing against the tampa 2. I dont expect eye popping numbers in the run game(maybe 85 yards rushing total). Colts win 24-13(book it lol)

WR's are too Fast for their Secondary. If the Line protects Luck, we'll Torch that Aging Bears Defense

That's the key. That starting line looks really ugly, especially if Reitz is out. McGlynn and Justice have yet to show anything and Satele hasn't been much better. I expect a lot of different blitz packages. They'll want to see if the rookie QB is the real thing.

That's the key. That starting line looks really ugly, especially if Reitz is out. McGlynn and Justice have yet to show anything and Satele hasn't been much better. I expect a lot of different blitz packages. They'll want to see if the rookie QB is the real thing.

Yep, and we will see if Luck has done his homework when those blitzes come. Everyone is talking about offense and defense, but the XX factor (since the line is the X factor) will be special teams. Devin Hester is an animal, Pat Mcafee better not kick to him. Other than special teams, look for Freeney and Mathis from their LB positions, which will also probably involve a lot of blitzing and stunts. Hopefully Pagano doesn't decide to let those two drop back in pass coverage...Alshon Jeffery and Devin Hester, not to mention Johnny Knox, at receiver is brutal for any LB core. The Colts main objective: Keep Cutler on the ground. If he establishes the passing game then Matt Forte will come out to play.

The line looks hellishly ugly with Reitz out. I disagree though about Satele.....compared to McGlynn and Justice, he's been an all pro. Our Oline has Seth Olsen, Mike McGlynn, and Winston Justice.......going against Stephen Paea, Henry Melton, and Julius Peppers, respectively. I do not envy our Quarterback. I wouldn't even try running the ball against those guys.

Jeez, bummer that Reitz could be out. Sucks big time that the knee injury happened in practice of all things with a defensive player kicking him in the knees (that is what I read). So, who is LG in Reitz's absence? Bye week is after game 3, will come sooner than you know and I think the Bears' field might be one to avoid with a bum knee anyway. I expect Reitz to be back game 2.

If I am Luck, I put T.Y.Hilton on Charles Tillman and pick on him, who can be had by speedsters.

The line looks hellishly ugly with Reitz out. I disagree though about Satele.....compared to McGlynn and Justice, he's been an all pro. Our Oline has Seth Olsen, Mike McGlynn, and Winston Justice.......going against Stephen Paea, Henry Melton, and Julius Peppers, respectively. I do not envy our Quarterback. I wouldn't even try running the ball against those guys.

we have to run enough to keep there pass rush honest, the more times we throw, the more times they can just sit back and rush

we have to run enough to keep there pass rush honest, the more times we throw, the more times they can just sit back and rush

Yeah, I know you have to run to keep it honest, but I'm expecting less than 3 YPC this game. They're DBs play the way we used to play, just not quite so frustratingly. Give up underneath passes which basically nuetralizes the pass rush. Milk that for all it's worth.

Yeah, I know you have to run to keep it honest, but I'm expecting less than 3 YPC this game. They're DBs play the way we used to play, just not quite so frustratingly. Give up underneath passes which basically nuetralizes the pass rush. Milk that for all it's worth.

I think they play off like that like we use to so much because 1.we USED to lack speed and athleticism at Corner and press cover abilities I think they do to and both teams were just scared of getting beat deep

100yds rushing for sure, Luck is gonna have a good game as well. Everyone's raving about marshall and cutler but i think vontae should shut him down when vontae's on him... this is gonna be a super hard hitting game i just know it.

i think 100yds rushing for the team will be easy, i think luck will rush for 20-50 yds by himself. but we need to get brown close to the 100yd mark.

i think 100yds rushing for the team will be easy, i think luck will rush for 20-50 yds by himself. but we need to get brown close to the 100yd mark.

Yea i would much rather brown get those yards, its weird though lucks mobility might just be what wins the colts games.... hope he doesnt take it as a habit if he does run though.. i think there was a stat that luck ran more that griffin his junior year.. im not sure about that one.

The Bears play the exact same Cover 2 defense that we have been playing for years. They don't blitz very much.

I wouldn't expect very much blitzing, but they will get pressure from the front 4.

Couple things we should do:

Throw alot of short passes to running backs out of the backfield.

Let Luck run a little bit (always sliding obviously) to keep the D guessing.

Put velcro/duct tape/glue on Fleener's gloves.

Run a few H-back runs with Allen running the ball.

Let Collie play the wideout.....not slot.

Yep, and we will see if Luck has done his homework when those blitzes come. Everyone is talking about offense and defense, but the XX factor (since the line is the X factor) will be special teams. Devin Hester is an animal, Pat Mcafee better not kick to him. Other than special teams, look for Freeney and Mathis from their LB positions, which will also probably involve a lot of blitzing and stunts. Hopefully Pagano doesn't decide to let those two drop back in pass coverage...Alshon Jeffery and Devin Hester, not to mention Johnny Knox, at receiver is brutal for any LB core. The Colts main objective: Keep Cutler on the ground. If he establishes the passing game then Matt Forte will come out to play.

well we wont have to worry about johnny knox at least...

The Colts main objective: Keep Cutler on the ground. If he establishes the passing game then Matt Forte will come out to play.

The way we've stopped the run so far, I'm not too sure it's not the opposite. I think you've got to force us to stop the run before you risk subjecting Cutler to the pass rush.

Two points.....

We may get 100 yards rushing, but I don't think anything about it will be easy. If it takes 30 carries, 100 yards will come hard, especially with our OL.

As for Luck.... we don't want him running for 20-50 yards. If it happens, fine, but we don't want it, nor should we expect it. QB's who run that much are soon hurt. If he's running for 10-20 yards be happy. Whatever the number is, Luck needs to remain healthy.

Two points.....

We may get 100 yards rushing, but I don't think anything about it will be easy. If it takes 30 carries, 100 yards will come hard, especially with our OL.

As for Luck.... we don't want him running for 20-50 yards. If it happens, fine, but we don't want it, nor should we expect it. QB's who run that much are soon hurt. If he's running for 10-20 yards be happy. Whatever the number is, Luck needs to remain healthy.

i think luck can eaisly scramble 5 or 6 times for 8-10 yds, and he is athletic enough to take a broken play 40+ yds. i think with our OL there could easily be 10 "broken" plays. so lets say for example luck gets 30 yds on the ground 70 yds for 3 rb doesn't seem like much of a strech.

i do agree i don't want luck rushing for 50 yds every game however.

i think luck can eaisly scramble 5 or 6 times for 8-10 yds, and he is athletic enough to take a broken play 40+ yds. i think with our OL there could easily be 10 "broken" plays. so lets say for example luck gets 30 yds on the ground 70 yds for 3 rb doesn't seem like much of a strech.

i do agree i don't want luck rushing for 50 yds every game however.

I agree that Luck **could** do it. I'm just not sure we **want** him doing it. Tempting the fate of the Football Gods is never a good thing!

I do think our offense moves much better with Collie in it and hopefully, the Bears safeties are not head hunters. We have frankly not gotten to see much of Avery and I feel we will see more of the playbook related particularly to Avery in this game.

If the Bears play Cover 2 but your safeties are a weakness, guess where we need to attack :). TY and Avery can get past the Bears' safeties, IMO. I dont think our TEs will be a huge factor because the Cover 2, if played well, shrinks the zones where TEs can operate. Remember, our good old days with Brackett, TEs rarely went off on us.

When the Bears had all the momentum, and Brady came into town and crushed the Bears at Soldier field, they picked on Tillman with Branch in 2010. That is why our speedy wideouts hold the key to our offensive yardage and production, IMO.

Yes, we know Gavin. You're hate for McGlynn is more than well documented.

No hate whatsoever if you have seen Mcglynn play and I dont just mean here in Indy, I never met the guy how can I hate him? Olsen is just the lesser of the two "evils"

No hate whatsoever if you have seen Mcglynn play and I dont just mean here in Indy, I never met the guy how can I hate him? Oldrn id just the lesser of the two "evils"

Im not going to make a judgment on McGlynn til he gets a fair shot here. I don't care what he done in Cincy or Philly. Does not mean he can't turn things around. Im sure there have been plenty of o-linemen that have turned into decent players after a not so great start to their careers. Sorry dude, but Pagano and Grigson apparently see something in the guy that makes them believe he is more than capable of being a starting RG or at least better than Olsen, otherwise he would not be penciled in as the starter. Im going to take their word for it over yours, or any other poster on this or any other forum.