Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kris Adams

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he can Moss players and just out jump DBs? Gotcha

I get that you like Avery's speed but but the dude has suspect hands and dont run great routes as shown by the wrong route he took after he caught the ball vs Pitt, He should have cut outside but went back into traffic. By the way did you see Adams 55 yards on two catches?

http://www.atlasstra...t-utep-pro-day/ Adams #'s at UTEP Pro Day

http://www.nfldrafts...=2008&genpos=WR Donnies #'s. Both are very impressive if accurate but I will take the 6'3" especially since our other receivers dont offer that

I get that you like Avery's speed but but the dude has suspect hands and dont run great routes as shown by the wrong route he took after he caught the ball vs Pitt, He should have cut outside but went back into traffic. By the way did you see Adams 55 yards on two catches?

http://www.atlasstra...t-utep-pro-day/ Adams #'s at UTEP Pro Day

http://www.nfldrafts...=2008&genpos=WR Donnies #'s. Both are very impressive if accurate but I will take the 6'3" especially since our other receivers dont offer that

Well I'm with you that he should be on the roster, having a 6'3 receiver with speed is great to have. He does seem to have good hands as well. I was just questioning when you said he was the only WR that can stretch the field. I think the Colts should IR Whalen if they haven't already, make Adams the 6th reciever. I see a possibility of Him moving up the depth chart. I don't think he's the only one that's fast enough on the team.

If Whalen was healthy it would be a struggle for me to have keep a 3rd speedster instead of taking a possession receiver like himself. I count Whalen and Adams equally as unknown commodities, but with Adams as the unknown speedy WR, he probably would be the odd man out. The other factor is Wayne is older, Collie may have a concussion later in the season; so we don't really know how long we will have our proven possession WRs.

But who knows, maybe Adams really is a WR that can do it all.

Well I'm with you that he should be on the roster, having a 6'3 receiver with speed is great to have. He does seem to have good hands as well. I was just questioning when you said he was the only WR that can stretch the field. I think the Colts should IR Whalen if they haven't already, make Adams the 6th reciever. I see a possibility of Him moving up the depth chart. I don't think he's the only one that's fast enough on the team.

If Whalen was healthy it would be a struggle for me to have keep a 3rd speedster instead of taking a possession receiver like himself. I count Whalen and Adams equally as unknown commodities, but with Adams as the unknown speedy WR, he probably would be the odd man out. The other factor is Wayne is older, Collie may have a concussion later in the season; so we don't really know how long we will have our proven possession WRs.

But who knows, maybe Adams really is a WR that can do it all.

dont remember saying that actually, that would have been a pretty dumb for mw to say that, I remember saying with Adams speed and height he could prove to very dangerous if coached up

dont remember saying that actually, that would have been a pretty dumb for mw to say that, I remember saying with Adams speed and height he could prove to very dangerous if coached up

Gavin you sneak! J/k

You edited your post!

I still have your quote on page 1 though.

I understand why you changed it, I misspeak a bit too.

Gavin you sneak! J/k

You edited your post!

I still have your quote on page 1 though.

I understand why you changed it, I misspeak a bit too.

I actually honestly dont remember what I said their lol. I believe Adams makes the team though and is on the active roster

I actually honestly dont remember what I said their lol. I believe Adams makes the team though and is on the active roster

Page 1, 3rd post from the bottom.

Lol

If someone quotes you before you edit your post, the quote will be the original post.

If he makes the team I really hope he switches his number. #7 Just screams QB to me and looks weird on a WR imo.

That number in a Colts uni haunts me. *shivers* Curtis Painter.

You may be too young to remember Bert Jones as #7. That's who that number will always be to me. If his career hadn't been cut short by injury #7 would have probably been retired by now.

On topic...I am happy Kris Adams made the roster and that he was not dropped after we made our waiver signings. If we need to make further tweaks to the roster it will be interesting to see if we continue to keep 6 WR's.

You may be too young to remember Bert Jones as #7. That's who that number will always be to me. If his career hadn't been cut short by injury #7 would have probably been retired by now.

On topic...I am happy Kris Adams made the roster and that he was not dropped after we made our waiver signings. If we need to make further tweaks to the roster it will be interesting to see if we continue to keep 6 WR's.

I really do hope we keep six!

Kris Adams reminds me of a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald (and I'm not saying that at all because of his dreds.) The way he plays the ball in the air, and even something about his stride is just so reminiscent of the way Fitz plays.

Does anyone have a twitter account, teller he should keep 7.

Receivers aren't allowed to have single digit numbers anymore (seriously)

The NFL cares..... remember, they've been called the No Fun League for a very good reason!

Im talking about fans that seem to have some strange obsession about what players wear what numbers. There have been a bunch of threads started here before about players numbers and people talking about what number a player should wear. Its baffling to me, I couldn't care less what number any player wears, It's much more important to me what the players do on the field. I guess I just don't understand why any fan would care about what number a player wears.

I've even seen people say certain numbers are "ugly" on the uniform. What kind of nonsense is that???

Kris Adams reminds me of a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald (and I'm not saying that at all because of his dreds.) The way he plays the ball in the air, and even something about his stride is just so reminiscent of the way Fitz plays.

He reminds me of Fitzgerald too but I have to admit that the dreads are the decisive factor in the resemblance :)

Im talking about fans that seem to have some strange obsession about what players wear what numbers. There have been a bunch of threads started here before about players numbers and people talking about what number a player should wear. Its baffling to me, I couldn't care less what number any player wears, It's much more important to me what the players do on the field. I guess I just don't understand why any fan would care about what number a player wears.

I've even seen people say certain numbers are "ugly" on the uniform. What kind of nonsense is that???

The number 38 is ugly to me, for some reason. And I prefer interior offensive linemen to have numbers in the 60s, and tackles to have numbers in the 70s. Just my weird preference.

He will be 81 it's on colts.com

If we pick up another receiver numbers might start to become an issue. 80, 81, 83, and 87 are in use.

82 and 89 are retired and I think 88 is all but retired and it should be retired twice over by now. Leaving 84, 85, and 86 the only numbers not used in the 80's. Even they are used by a player on the practice squad and two guys on IR.

Receivers can wear teen numbers as well though. Even then though 11, 12, 13, 14 (PS guy), 15, and 17 are all in use. 18 and 19 are retired leaving only 10 and 16 as open numbers there.

I think it will be

1.Wayne

2.Collie

3.Brazill

4.Hilton

5.Avery

Practice Squad

Anderson

Although I think it would be wiser to put Avery there do to past injury concerns because he may be less likely to be picked up do to that simple fact alone.

I'd make Anderson the 5th wide receiver and Avery PS as the roster stands now anyway

avery is better than adams ... u alway gotta make Avery look bad . but guess what he mad the 53 man roster and u will probably see alot of him . so mayb u should change ur thoets on him . just saying

avery is better than adams ... u alway gotta make Avery look bad . but guess what he mad the 53 man roster and u will probably see alot of him . so mayb u should change ur thoets on him . just saying

change my thoughts on him just because he had 38 yards on 6 catches? as for me trying to make Avery look bad thats just silly, congratulations to him he made the final roster now he needs to go out and show he can produce which I expect he will but not alot, Im honestly thinking 400 or 500 at the most 600 yards nothing monumental, I would love to see him thrive with the Colts but if your thinking he will have a breakout year thats wishful thinking if his history in the NFL is any indicator

change my thoughts on him just because he had 38 yards on 6 catches? as for me trying to make Avery look bad thats just silly, congratulations to him he made the final roster now he needs to go out and show he can produce which I expect he will but not alot, Im honestly thinking 400 or 500 at the most 600 yards nothing monumental, I would love to see him thrive with the Colts but if your thinking he will have a breakout year thats wishful thinking if his history in the NFL is any indicator

Why do you insist on using preseason stats as your measuring stick? They literally mean nothing. What is most relevant is when the guys are on the field and who they are there with. In other words, when the Colts most wanted to simulate a real game against Washington, it was Avery on the field with the front line guys. And when they had determined to not play front line guys in the 4th game, it was Avery sitting our with Wayne, Luck, etc. That tells you more about what the team thinks of him than the stats you keep bringing up to make your various cases.

History in the NFL? He's essentially entering the equivalent of his 3rd (healthy) season.

His stats in his first 2 were solid and promising. I recall having him pegged for a big year in '10, but his season ended before it started, and while he may have technically been on the Titans squad last year, I suspect he still wasn't really healthy enough to be back on track.

I usually feel that the fantasy football axiom about 3rd year receivers having breakouts is somewhat suspect, but history has shown that it usually takes most WRs a couple/3 years to adjust before they get to their full potential.

I expect Avery to post better numbers that anything he did with the Rams.

Why do you insist on using preseason stats as your measuring stick? They literally mean nothing. What is most relevant is when the guys are on the field and who they are there with. In other words, when the Colts most wanted to simulate a real game against Washington, it was Avery on the field with the front line guys. And when they had determined to not play front line guys in the 4th game, it was Avery sitting our with Wayne, Luck, etc. That tells you more about what the team thinks of him than the stats you keep bringing up to make your various cases.

I get he is an intriguing player based on his speed alone for that reason and that reason alone at this point I like him I never said I dont like him, I cant not like a guy I dont even know, I just think guys like Kris Adams are more intriguing because his size and speed, is he as fast as Avery? no at least I doubt it but he is close enough, I like Avery but I will take the 6'3 guy that can jump

I get he is an intriguing player based on his speed alone for that reason and that reason alone at this point I like him I never said I dont like him, I cant not like a guy I dont even know, I just think guys like Kris Adams are more intriguing because his size and speed, is he as fast as Avery? no at least I doubt it but he is close enough, I like Avery but I will take the 6'3 guy that can jump

Ummmm.... The 53 man roster is set, and BOTH are still playing for us. So I guess my question is, what on earth are you still arguing for. Be happy we don't have to choose!

I just think that roster spot could be better used

I don't. It's vital that we have insurance in the event of Collie getting another concussion. Avery is more game ready at this point than Adams, but Adams has raw potential that could eventually turn him into our new #1. They both are deserving of a roster spot, for the time being.

Failed to answer the question - why do you keep bringing up preseason stats to make your argument?

Failed to answer the question - why do you keep bringing up preseason stats to make your argument?

because other then his 1 full season healthy thats what we have to go by, some people act like he is an untapped Randy Moss, I expect a 5 or 6 or at most a 700 yard season anywhere from 33 yards to 43 yards (average) a game based on what he has done in the NFL to this point . I get the feeling some people are gonna expect alot from him and I think they are gonna be disappointed