Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Agrees To Go To Denver [Mega-Merge]

ColtsBlueFL

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a tweet quoted on the Bronco's board Peyton said his head told him to go to SanFran but his heart told him to go to Denver. He said Elway also had a lot to do with the decision.

That is what I figured I think Peyton has a crush on Elway and that was the deciding factor. IMO its gonna turn out to be a big mistake, but oh well. IMO it had nothing to do with Eli.

This guy? God some of you are bitter.

Well, I removed that before you responded, but I didn't even mean it like that but I figured someone would make some comment like you did, especially a user with the name "Mannings the man". I'm more just mad cause now my best friend's team has Manning and I have to deal with the abuse for years to come...if Manning is what he used to be,

If he goes to 49ers, division would win, but still have to go through more tough teams in the playoffs.

Healthy Texans + Patriots = Both better than any NFC team aside from maybe San Fran. Not only that, the Patriots shredded the defense he is going to in Denver twice in four weeks last season. Bad choice if winning is your primary goal, although not as bad as the Titans would have been.

Manning should have listened to his head on this one. Eli has two rings thanks to the Giants' defense. Peyton could have had up to three more with San Francisco's.

Healthy Texans + Patriots = Both better than any NFC team aside from maybe San Fran. Not only that, the Patriots shredded the defense he is going to in Denver twice in four weeks last season. Bad choice if winning is your primary goal, although not as bad as the Titans would have been.

Manning should have listened to his head on this one. Eli has two rings thanks to the Giants' defense. Peyton could have had up to three more with San Francisco's.

NO DOUBT!,makes on wonder where is head is. With PM money, and we know he has at least 26 mill. Winning should be number 1 priority.

He really had his chance to cement his legacy/pile it on and pretty much all but end GOAT debates. Especially if he met the Patriots in the Superbowl (possibly more than once.)

He pretty much brushed that aside in favor of something else be it his brother, money, post playing career or some combination of each. He's a football player, and should have gone to the place where he could win. Repeatedly.

He'll go places with the Broncos, but he'll be fortunate to lead them to win a single Super Bowl in three seasons with the likes of HOU and NE being league juggernauts.

If he met either team in the Super Bowl with San Fran - Manning would have enough firepower, defense, and special teams to go toe to toe with them on equal footing from the get go instead of fighting an uphill battle with an inferior team. Not only would he make them the best team in football, they'd be the team of the decade or possibly even better than that.

In the end, the Broncos are still a heckuva upgrade from the Colts. The Broncos are a much better option than the Titans who are almost as putrid as we are.

Manning will now have to teach Tebow how to be a QB. It should go something like this...." The stick with the wig-like thing on the end is called a mop. The large round thing is called a bucket, and brown,round thing with lace and pointed ends on each side is what you must never, ever lay a finger on until I'm retired."

At least Manning is gonna keep the Rivers rivalry alive, should be a good year. The chargers always had PM's #. I still think he'd have had a much easier time walking in to the playoffs in SF, but this should make for an exciting season. Congrats to Manning on his signing, hopefully he will do well.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 19, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, March 19, 2012 - inflammatory

Been there.. thanks. Debbie downer.

Can't you stay there? or is that just wishful thinking. I can't wait until the great migration happens so I can get back to Colts football.

Manning will now have to teach Tebow how to be a QB. It should go something like this...." The stick with the wig-like thing on the end is called a mop. The large round thing is called a bucket, and brown,round thing with lace and pointed ends on each side is what you must never, ever lay a finger on until I'm retired."

They are going to try and trade Tebow

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 19, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, March 19, 2012 - personal argument

Can't you stay there? or is that just wishful thinking. I can't wait until the great migration happens so I can get back to Colts football.

If anything i will stick around for you. Just love your vibrant happiness.

I said this before in NFL General but going to the Niners gave me a bad feeling. Not sure why. I felt like they already messed up some chemistry bringing in Moss who I can't stand.

Harbaugh is great but has only coached one season and people already act like he is Lombardi. Their pass protection sometimes sucks.

The NFC is really competitive.

IN Denver he has a coach who nearly beat the Pats in the SB with the Panthers. He has a guy in Elway who understands what is is like being 36 years old/heading into the HOF and wanting more.

He has a rabid fanbase who has been following his plane rides pretty much since he first went there.

His biggest competition in the AFC if he makes the playoffs is probably again, one Tom Brady.

Thank you, Peyton, for not choosing the Titans!

Colts fans should be happy about this. And the Manning family happy he is not in the NFC.

Win/win both sides. We don't play him. Eli doesn't unless it's a SB.

It's not a high pressure cooker to me with SB or bust with SF.

All can rest now. lol.

The Broncos are a really solid team and franchise. I think the Niners would have been better, but the Broncos won 8 games last year with a quarterback who could hardly complete 50% of his passes. Manning is worth at least four wins, and a 12 win season is more than good enough to win the AFC West. May be good enough for a first round bye in the playoffs. They have a great defense and really good special teams. I think he made a good choice. I always thought the Niners would have been a better choice, but we're talking A vs. A-.

Just read it on Yahoo, they reported that it is believed to be 5 years and $95 million. I disagree that it shows Peyton doesn't want to win, Denver is a very good team(although not quite San Fran) and it also is colder than many thought he would want to play in. However, I think it also shows there was a very slim chance he was willing to renegotiate his deal, this is actually more money than he was owed in Indy, which I did not expect. But the original Indy deal might have been more guarenteed money.

As far as my personal feelings, I am okay with this. He isn't in the AFC south and I don't really dislike the Broncos. They certainly aren't my favorite team, I would have rather seen San Fran. I am still on the fence on whether I would root for them, it depends on the situation. Looking at most of the playoff favored teams I probably would, can't stand the Steelers, Pats or Ravens.

Im happy for Peyton, but I don't think it was the best for him. The offense has a good running game, but he's the QB. The receivers there are mediocre at best, and although their O-line is pretty, it's tough to throw to a bunch of nobodies. Their defense is average and probably losing a bunch of their secondary within the next 2 years.

I dont know. I think Manning is going to turn Thomas into a star IMO.

Thomas has always been a raw player dating back to his Gtech days but he has big time physical talent and it started to show last year.

If Im the Broncos....go after Wallace. Its worth the 1st round pick. Youre in win now mode anyways and a rookie is most likely not going to be a big time contributor right out of the gate.

If you had Thomas and Wallace outside with a combo of Stoks and Decker inside....man that could be good.

I agree their D worries me. But they have some talented young guys on that side. Hopefully Fox will have them playing better.

The Broncos are a really solid team and franchise. I think the Niners would have been better, but the Broncos won 8 games last year with a quarterback who could hardly complete 50% of his passes. Manning is worth at least four wins, and a 12 win season is more than good enough to win the AFC West. May be good enough for a first round bye in the playoffs. They have a great defense and really good special teams. I think he made a good choice. I always thought the Niners would have been a better choice, but we're talking A vs. A-.

I wish I had you for a teacher back in the day, I would grade it A 49ers C+ Broncos.

Manning will take them deep into the playoffs if he is healthy. I wish him luck. Personally I think this is the worst thing to happen to the Colts since they lost to the Jets in SB3. I don't care if Luck is next years QB or not,odds are he will not come close to being as good as Manning.

I disagree that winning with the 49ers cements his legacy. I think it says he needed a strong team around him to win. This is more of a challenge, and if he succeeds it cements his legacy ore.

Here's a tweet on the topic.

Peter King@SI_PeterKing

Tenn source tells me Titans felt Manning turned off by circus potential there ... Source in SF says SB-or-bust feel would have bugged PM.

If it is true that the 49ers made a solid offer,then this choice makes no sense at all. The 49ers are ready to win it all right now and with PM they would have been instant favorites to do just that. Just makes we wonder if this is not being in the nfc with Eli or more about wanting to be in an easy division in the afc. I truly feel he just missed a big chance at two more rings,wow, the rest of the nfc is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

The NFC is really thick. Peyton wants no part of that. You've got Rodgers, Cam, Eli, and a whole host of other teams jockeying to get to a Super Bowl. Also lets not forget brees and Stafford's teams.

Peyton knew this and that's why he's not in the NFC.

obviously it was him wanting a big paycheck more then winning a superbowl. maybe the colts should trade a 6th round pick for Tebow lol and we can place him at FB. im joking about that btw.... but denver over san fran? he could have easily won a superbowl next year or atleast had a very good shot at winning one in san fran with that defense and the WR's he would have around him. i kinda feel bad for the niners, because now they may end up with out a QB if smith signs in Miami.

it was said last week broncos offered manning 60 million for 5 years, so he would be making what 10 or 11 million a year? but that is if that offer was real or just someone trying to make a story.

whats everyones thoughts on him going to Denver?

Best move he could have made...

You cant eliminate your brother....He's got a kindred spirit in Elway

..and a rabid fan base.....and he's still in the AFC which he knows

..I never thought he'd work for Harbaugh...//That just seemed unlikely

It was never about money/.he has always been paid..

..and the best news..Denver does not play Indy in 2012

If it is true that the 49ers made a solid offer,then this choice makes no sense at all. The 49ers are ready to win it all right now and with PM they would have been instant favorites to do just that. Just makes we wonder if this is not being in the nfc with Eli or more about wanting to be in an easy division in the afc. I truly feel he just missed a big chance at two more rings,wow, the rest of the nfc is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

The 49ers are in the NFC....

How can he ever meet his brother in the Super Bowl if he's in the NFC...

Manning vs. Manning in NOLA..it's far fetched but possible.

...and he shuts down Tebow-mania....for 2 or 3 years

How can you not love this guy

It's not about setting up a Manning v Manning Super Bowl.

To me it would be more about not having a Giants/49ers Wild-Card, divisional or NFCCG game just as I believe it was a contributing factor in Eli not wanting anything to do with SD, to prevent Eli & Peyton facing each other in the AFC playoffs.