Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you want to see in/win the Super Bowl?

The Peytonator

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

not at all true

Ignorance or trash talk? One play here, one play there, added up to most of our 11 losses in 2015. (OK, there are too many bad plays to count, but it was not like were getting blown out every week.) Everyone knew we planned to sit him, but were forced to bench Chad Henne early in the season (you should remember that game) because we kept saying it since a month before the draft. Or was that everyone who paid attention to Shad Khan, Dave Caldwell, and then-HC Gus Bradley? It was common knowledge Bortles had a bad first season because he was not ready to play.

2 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Makes perfect sense.  I am not a Bills fan and completely agree. But I don't want a team in Los Angeles to make it just because it would validate the NFL's decision to let two teams move back.

If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing the Rams win it but it would have nothing to do with LA. As a Bills fan I do like seeing Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods have success with the Rams, both of who were good receivers for the Bills (our passing game could really use both of them today).

1 hour ago, buffalo34 said:

If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing the Rams win it but it would have nothing to do with LA. As a Bills fan I do like seeing Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods have success with the Rams, both of who were good receivers for the Bills (our passing game could really use both of them today).

Earliier this season I read Sammy Watkins is complainting about being the #3 WR. Do you know anything about that? I know he is a legitimate WR1 when his feet don't hurt.

We might end up being friendly rivals in the playoffs. I have a guy named Marcvel Dareus on my team.

12 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Earliier this season I read Sammy Watkins is complainting about being the #3 WR. Do you know anything about that? I know he is a legitimate WR1 when his feet don't hurt.

We might end up being friendly rivals in the playoffs. I have a guy named Marcvel Dareus on my team.

With the Rams or the Bills? I know the Bills traded Rams mostly for injury concerns, but he was always pretty much the #1 WR here.

On the Rams though, he doesn't get targeted like a #1 WR, maybe that's where the disconnect is. This is coming from someone who owns him in fantasy too, it's not that he's not catching a lot of passes, but I would follow Rams games and he would hardly be targeted. Right now their offense appears to be more revolved around Kupp and even Gurley.

On 12/12/2017 at 6:56 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Back when Peyton was battling the Chargers I couldn't stand them but I have always thought Rivers was a Very Good QB, borderline Great. I have no problem with the Chargers in this era as they aren't even a rival anymore.

Same for me. I like Rivers kinda, good family man. Talks crap to anyone on the field. I find it hilarious

On 12/12/2017 at 1:32 PM, JaguarsWoman said:

Ignorance or trash talk? One play here, one play there, added up to most of our 11 losses in 2015. (OK, there are too many bad plays to count, but it was not like were getting blown out every week.) Everyone knew we planned to sit him, but were forced to bench Chad Henne early in the season (you should remember that game) because we kept saying it since a month before the draft. Or was that everyone who paid attention to Shad Khan, Dave Caldwell, and then-HC Gus Bradley? It was common knowledge Bortles had a bad first season because he was not ready to play.

he's mediocre.

misses throws all the time, makes bad decisions, can't make reads

8 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

haha 

You and your Aaron Rodgers infatuation. 

I tried to let him go for a while........but it always comes back with me digging Rodgers. lmao Some of you remember this with me from years back too going back to even 2011. lmao 

1 hour ago, Boomstick1 said:

He's mediocre. Misses throws all the time, makes bad decisions, can't make reads

Blake Bortles knows when he needs to run for a first down.He can feel pressure and get out of near sacks. If he made better decisions before throwing the ball into coverage, his interception total would be much lower. I can't deny Bortles is not a very good QB. I think he could compete for the starting job on some other teams, but is not a legit QB1 unless he makes a miraculous turnaround next season.

Many people say December is the best time of the year because of the holidays. In the NFL, it is the best time for fans whose favorite teams are real playoff contenders or trying to sneak in on the last day. For me the possibility of getting a bye week is what really makes this the best time of the year before and after my sister in Mississippi comes here.

I said it before and will say it again.....first off I want the SB moved to LA....then I want the Rams vs Chargers (I actually like both teams lol)....but I want to watch the NFL eat all the lost revenue and have a half filled SB stadium and 0 ratings....I honestly want the league to eat it lol. I used to not be bothered by what the league was doing....changes here and there....but now with all the teams holding cities hostage, the horrible NFL social policies, crap games and crap scheduling, and so many other issues that I could go on and on...I've about had it. I think I'm about to just start watching amateur sports from here on out....until all the soul gets sucked out of that too lol.

I would have to go with Vikings.  They've never won a SB.

I could get behind the Eagles but with Wentz tearing his ACL I think the odds of that are low.  

I could also get behind Green Bay.  They are sort of my 2nd favorite NFL team.  But I think their odds are pretty long as well.  

Anybody but the Patriots.  

54 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I could get behind the Eagles but with Wentz tearing his ACL I think the odds of that are low.  

I could also get behind Green Bay.  They are sort of my 2nd favorite NFL team.  But I think their odds are pretty long as well.  

This right here.

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think people are writing off the Eagles too fast. Nick Foles followed Doug Pederson back to Philadelphia following the time they worked together in Kansas City. All of his best seasons were with the Eagles. He is surrounded by a lot more talent than during his time with the Lambs. The Eagles will not look as good as they did with Wentz, but they can win a playoff game.

14 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

I think people are writing off the Eagles too fast. Nick Foles followed Doug Pederson back to Philadelphia following the time they worked together in Kansas City. All of his best seasons were with the Eagles. He is surrounded by a lot more talent than during his time with the Lambs. The Eagles will not look as good as they did with Wentz, but they can win a playoff game.

Ok, but get all the way to the SB and win?

I don't see it personally.  

12 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

I don't see it either, but stranger things have happened.

If the Jags win the Division and manage to get to the AFC Title Game that would be a fantastic/Great season for them IMO. When the Colts accomplished that in 2014 I considered it a Borderline Great season eventhough we didn't make the SB and win it all. We overachieved because we had no business winning in MileHigh in the Divisional Round but see anything can happen and LUCK happened. I am still amazed we did, best win in Luck's career facing a Great Denver Defense in Von Miller + Peyton was on the other side and put Denver up 7-0 early. I pretty much knew we wouldn't beat the Pats in Foxboro so my expectation wasn't there to win that game. Had we won that, that would've been a huge upset. When we played Denver we were 8 point underdogs, Pats were favored by 10 lmao 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Jags win the Division and manage to get to the AFC Title Game that would be a fantastic/Great season for them IMO. When the Colts accomplished that in 2014 I considered it a Borderline Great season eventhough we didn't make the SB and win it all. We overachieved because we had no business winning in MileHigh in the Divisional Round but see anything can happen and LUCK happened. I am still amazed we did, best win in Luck's career facing a Great Denver Defense in Von Miller + Peyton was on the other side and put Denver up 7-0 early. I pretty much knew we wouldn't beat the Pats in Foxboro so my expectation wasn't there to win that game. Had we won that, that would've been a huge upset. When we played Denver we were 8 point underdogs, Pats were favored by 10

I was thinking about a much earlier Broncos home playoff game. They were the #1 seed in the AFC and lost to a team that needed several miracles to clinch a playoff berth. That one was widely considered the biggest playoff upset since Super Bowl 3.

2 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

I was thinking about a much earlier Broncos home playoff game. They were the #1 seed in the AFC and lost to a team that needed several miracles to clinch a playoff berth. That one was widely considered the biggest playoff upset since Super Bowl 3.

Funny, the 1996 Jags winning in MileHigh. I got it haha. That was a stunner watching Elway lose that season being the #1 Seed.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Funny, the 1996 Jags winning in Mile High. I got it. That was a stunner watching Elway lose that season being the #1 seed.

The Jaguars should have missed the playoffs that year in the minds of everyone who does not bleed teal and black. If Morten Andersen's left leg had moved the right way . . . you know the rest.

NFC:  I think the eagles will still get the bye, but be taken out first game. 

Rams or Vikings

AFC: I think it would be cool to see the Jags in. Realistically could defeat anyone in the wildcard, and have already defeated both the Patriots and Steelers both.

On 12/15/2017 at 7:12 PM, JaguarsWoman said:

I don't see it either, but stranger things have happened.

Interesting on this front after Sunday.  The Eagles had to duke it out and won a 1 score game over the hapless Giants.  But by the scoreboard at least this doesn't appear to have anything to do with Foles as the Eagles still put up 31 points.  

On 12/17/2017 at 9:06 AM, Narcosys said:

NFC:  I think the eagles will still get the bye, but be taken out first game. 

Rams or Vikings

AFC: I think it would be cool to see the Jags in. Realistically could defeat anyone in the wildcard, and have already defeated both the Patriots and Steelers both.

The Jags have not faced the pats this year..

12 minutes ago, Jules said:

I might bandwagon the Rams now that the Packers are likely out. I wagon the Lakers a lot anyway so this won't be tough for me to go for another L.A. team. Heck I pull for the Dodgers at times too lol.

Still hard to believe the Dodgers lost but that is a different topic. I have always liked the Lakers because of Magic Johnson but I have also liked Kobe more than LeBron too. Kobe vs LeBron has been like the discussion on the Internet on every board for the last 10 years much like Peyton vs Tom.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still hard to believe the Dodgers lost but that is a different topic. I have always liked the Lakers because of Magic Johnson but I have also liked Kobe more than LeBron too. Kobe vs LeBron has been like the discussion on the Internet on every board for the last 10 years much like Peyton vs Tom.

Yeah the Dodgers losing the world series still don't make sense to me either but like you said a discussion for another place. Just suprised me is all.......I know the Astros were great but still I was suprised the Dodgers couldn't finish it at home.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, JaguarsWoman said:

What does the jaguar head logo have to do with it? The logo is actually an attempt to loo/k fiercer, more like fighters. I know, we are unlikely to make it past the second round, but the nameplates are what really matter on our uniforms. No more Andre Branch, Tyson Alualu, etc. who were drafted too high just because we needed defensive linemen.

That brings up the frightening red bird on the Cardinals helmets. My greatest fear in life has always being carried off by a man-eating Cardinal.