Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you want to see in/win the Super Bowl?

The Peytonator

Minnesota....

I don't have a rooting interest but I'd like to see a team play the Super Bowl at home....

The Vikings are somewhat of a forgotten franchise. They are largely ignored by national media..

The team is worthy. The stadium is magnificent. 

I'd like to see the Vikings host the Super Bowl

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Minnesota....

I don't have a rooting interest but I'd like to see a team play the Super Bowl at home....

The Vikings are somewhat of a forgotten franchise. They are largely ignored by national media..

The team is worthy. The stadium is magnificent. 

I'd like to see the Vikings host the Super Bowl

Me too. :D  

I would not say that the Vikings are ignored by the media, but maybe fans don't take them seriously. When guys like Harrison Smith and Linval Joseph are not voted to make the Pro Bowl, it is a travesty.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, NFLfan said:

Me too. :D  

I would not say that the Vikings are ignored by the media, but maybe fans don't take them seriously. When guys like Harrison Smith and Linval Joseph are not voted to make the Pro Bowl, it is a travesty.

Its 17 below in Minneapolis this Sunday but a warm front is coming in right???

That Pro Bowl vote is ridiculous...but a lot of it is that while Dallas plays in an east coast major market divison, the Vikings play in a Midwest division that, without QBs in GB and Chicago, had absoluelty no viewing interest this season..

Nationally, there isn't any interest in the entire division other than Aaron Rodgers

31 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its 17 below in Minneapolis this Sunday but a warm front is coming in right???

I don't know about the warm front. I live on the East Coast. It is cold here but probably not nearly as cold as in MN.

34 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

the Vikings play in a Midwest division that, without QBs in GB and Chicago, had absoluelty no viewing interest this season..

I have noticed that every week you post threads about games. I don't believe you have ever put up one involving the Vikings this season even when they played teams like the Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Rams, Steelers, and Ravens, all teams that will probably make the playoffs. Did you not post them because you felt that there was "no viewing interest"?

But you may be right. That is the only way I can explain how Harrison Smith did not make the Pro Bowl. He will be an All Pro this year. Folks don't know him.

Now that Landon Collins is out with an injury, I am pretty sure that Smith will be named to the Pro Bowl to replace Collins. Hopefully he and the other 4 Vikings that were voted in will not get go attend. :)

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know about the warm front. I live on the East Coast. It is cold here but probably not nearly as cold as in MN.

I have noticed that every week you post threads about games. I don't believe you have ever put up one involving the Vikings this season even when they played teams like the Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Rams, Steelers, and Ravens, all teams that will probably make the playoffs. Did you not post them because you felt that there was "no viewing interest"?

But you may be right. That is the only way I can explain how Harrison Smith did not make the Pro Bowl. He will be an All Pro this year. Folks don't know him.

Now that Landon Collins is out with an injury, I am pretty sure that Smith will be named to the Pro Bowl to replace Collins. Hopefully he and the other 4 Vikings that were voted in will not get go attend. :)

Good point and, for me......NFL...

In truth, I lean on the AFC because that's where the Colts play. But not exclusively.

I've never written anything about a Ravens' game...and I avoid New England because those previews descend into trolling very quickly, if you notice,  guess because New England doesn't have any message boards.

To me, this has been a year of almost 'No viewing interest' largely due to backup QBs and perennial powers in the toilet. If you remember, in past years when the Vikings played Denver or the Colts, I did wrote about the game.

I know Case is on the case but eve his mama doesnt tune in to watch him play

I was going to write about the Vikings-Packers game in until Aaron Rodgers was ruled out.

Then. what's the point?   I don't think Minnesota played a 'big game' all season. They just won 'em all...And many of the game arent evenly matched...The Bears. Come on...

And lets tell some truth about the NFC South.

I'm not sure whether the Falcons, Atlanta, Carolina are all good..or they all play each other...and make each other look good.  I dont want to see any of them in the layoffs. They are aggressively average.

I'm for the Vikings. The new Purple People Eaters....

Alan Page..Chuck Foreman...Carl Eller.....Stu Voight, Paul Krause, Ed Marinaro.

Old Bud Grant. Lets move the games back to that awful metropolitan Stadium,!!

Fran was Russell Wilson before Wilson was born....

Playing indoors when GB is too dumb to build a dome. Vikings home field all the way!!!

Its time. Its their turn.

That's why they built the stadium!!!   Get your snowshoes ready~!!!

Are you with me!!!!

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I know Case is on the case but eve his mama doesnt tune in to watch him play

Lol. Do you watch games only for the quarterbacks? If so, you really don't enjoy football. There is so much more to the game than the quarterbacks. Don't you appreciate defense? The Vikings defense is really good. It is #1 in scoring defense and #1 in opponents' third down conversion percentage (26.32% -- next best is the Broncos at 31%, not close).

Anyway, I think you are missing a lot if all you are watching are teams with top quarterbacks.

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm for the Vikings. The new Purple People Eaters....

Alan Page..Chuck Foreman...Carl Eller.....Stu Voight, Paul Krause, Ed Marinaro.

Old Bud Grant. Lets move the games back to that awful metropolitan Stadium,!!

Lol. I am not old enough to have seen the Purple People Eaters. I wish I had. 

52 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. What is a "big game" in your perspective? 

When Peyton played it seemed like everyone was saying he never won a big game until he beat the Pats in the 2006 Title Game lmao. Up to that point if you were to ask some Colts fans and especially Steelers and Pats fans, Peyton never won a big game in his life. I say this being comedic because up to that point he won a ton of games leading to Division Titles, etc.. Some people just dismiss Regular Season success which you cant because without success in the Regular Season you cant make the Playoffs.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When Peyton played it seemed like everyone was saying he never won a big game until he beat the Pats in the 2006 Title Game lmao. Up to that point if you were to ask some Colts fans and especially Steelers and Pats fans, Peyton never won a big game in his life. I say this being comedic because up to that point he won a ton of games leading to Division Titles, etc.. Some people just dismiss Regular Season success which you cant because without success in the Regular Season you cant make the Playoffs.

I don't like "He can't win the big game" argument. I used to hear folks say that about coaches a lot. The ones I remember most were Tom Osborne and Jim Boeheim. "Big game" means something different to everyone. 

44 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't like "He can't win the big game" argument. I used to hear folks say that about coaches a lot. The ones I remember most were Tom Osborne and Jim Boeheim. "Big game" means something else to everyone. 

I have been a huge Nebraska fan since 1983 and the media and fans bashed Osborne for years until he broke through in 1994. Yeah it's nuts.

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Do you watch games only for the quarterbacks? If so, you really don't enjoy football. There is so much more to the game than the quarterbacks. Don't you appreciate defense? The Vikings defense is really good. It is #1 in scoring defense and #1 in opponents' third down conversion percentage (26.32% -- next best is the Broncos at 31%, not close).

Anyway, I think you are missing a lot if all you are watching are teams with top quarterbacks.

I may not enjoy football, as you say and I may be missing a lot, as you suggest, but I saw the Packers play without Aaron Rodgers and the Colts play without Andrew Luck.

..and the Eagles without Wentz and the Texans without Deshaun. Multiple times.

..and the those teams are not watchable without their offense.

Its quite a leap to say that because I dont think Case Keenum in must-see viewing that I 'only watch because of the quarterback"

You watch the Vikings because you like the Vikings.  You're a fan I get it.

No need to defend your boys but when you mention their statistics I know you meant to add that those stats are padded by 4 games against Brett Hundley, Mitch Trubisky and Mike Glennon,

. The Vikes 16-0 win over Green Bay a couple of weeks back was so boring I turned the Animal Channell (They had a great special on dogs living with cast, check it out) ..If you wtsached Case Keenum against Brett Hundley.....16-0..you are a fan of one of those teams....not of good football

I watch the Colts because I;m a fan of the Colts but I'd guess few will watch Jacoby Brissett lead the Mighty Colts attack against Houston and which ever work release guy they have playing QB this week. I want to watch teams more because the star QB is playing and you do too.

13 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I am not old enough to have seen the Purple People Eaters. I wish I had. 

Sorry. I'm too old. Great era..

In those days, there was only one playoff game and the west coast team dreaded coming to Minnesota or Green Bay because it was so cold. Vikes had one of the great pass rushes of that era.

I grew up watching the NFL on CBS  and the AFL on NBC

Edited by oldunclemark

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't like "He can't win the big game" argument. I used to hear folks say that about coaches a lot. The ones I remember most were Tom Osborne and Jim Boeheim. "Big game" means something different to everyone. 

Big game is a euphamism for playoff game.

Unless theres some titanic matchup of undefeated teams in the regular season or some late showdown for the No,.1 seed, 'big games' are in the post-season. In the NFL you know what a 'big game' is.

But you are right. No one player wins or loses a big game. Football is not like that

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Big game is a euphamism for playoff game

If that is the case, what did you mean by what you wrote below? 

20 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think Minnesota played a 'big game' all season.

The playoffs have not begun but you wrote that Minnesota has not "played a 'big game' all season".  You obviously don't mean "playoff game". So, what is a "big game" to you? 

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

If you wtsached Case Keenum against Brett Hundley.....16-0..you are a fan of one of those teams....not of good football

I actually did not watch that game. It was the holidays and I was at a party with family and friends. I did want to watch the game though. Other Vikes fans on the game thread afterwards agreed with you. They said I did not miss much.

Well, let's see what the playoffs bring. Good luck to your Bears and Colts on Sunday.

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

If that is the case, what did you mean by what you wrote below? 

The playoffs have not begun but you wrote that Minnesota has not "played a 'big game' all season".  You obviously don't mean "playoff game". So, what is a "big game" to you? 

I actually did not watch that game. It was the holidays and I was at a party with family and friends. I did want to watch the game though. Other Vikes fans on the game thread afterwards agreed with you. They said I did not miss much.

Well, let's see what the playoffs bring. Good luck to your Bears and Colts on Sunday.

As I said and I know you read.

Big game is euphamism for playoff game.....(the part you quoted)

OR some titanic matchup of undefeated teams in the regular season or late season showdown for the No,1 seed (the part you didn't quote)

You may be taking what I'm saying as a criticism of the Vikings and its not intended that way.

Sometimes a team wins so much and benefits by circumstance (Aaron Rodgers injury, continued Bears ineptitude) that they don't have a really 'big' regular season game.

The 'big games' are coming and, I repeat, I'd rather see the Vikings win than anybody else in the NFC

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You may be taking what I'm saying as a criticism of the Vikings and its not intended that way.

Sometimes a team wins so much and benefits by circumstance (Aaron Rodgers injury, continued Bears ineptitude) that they don't have a really 'big' regular season game.

Lol. Okay. Even if they lost both games to the Packers, the Vikings will have won 10-11 games and still would have made the playoffs. They will win 12-13 games. Not bad.

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Okay. Even if they lost both games to the Packers, the Vikings will have won 10-11 games and still would have made the playoffs. They will win 12-13 games. Not bad.

Obviously, I did not say the Vikings would not have made the playoffs. Obviously I did not say they are bad. Not even close.   I'll try again.

Minnesota-Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers going against the Vikings' defense is a 'big game'

Minnesota-Green Bay with Brett Hundley going against the Vikings defense is a reason to watch NCIS reruns on the USA Network......because its a mismatch , even with the Vikings' No, 3 QB playing,  because of the prowess of the Minnesota defense.

I still contend that is a compliment to Minnesota....not an insult....even though the NCIS reruns are pretty good

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Obviously, I did not say the Vikings would not have made the playoffs. Obviously I did not say they are bad. Not even close.   I'll try again.

Minnesota-Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers going against the Vikings' defense is a 'big game'

Minnesota-Green Bay with Brett Hundley going against the Vikings defense is a reason to watch NCIS reruns on the USA Network......because its a mismatch , even with the Vikings' No, 3 QB playing,  because of the prowess of the Minnesota defense.

I still contend that is a compliment to Minnesota....not an insult....even though the NCIS reruns are pretty good

Okay, thank you for clarifying that. :thmup:

Put me down for the Jags vs the Vikings, I'm good with whoever wins.  Tough defensive teams and not pretty boy passing teams.  I also like the Saints, even though Brees is a QB, I'm a Boiler and can't help it.

I'm guessing in reality it will be Saints vs Patriots.  Who wins that one?

I can't root for Cam and the Panthers, and I don't see what is so great about the Steelers.  Brady will kill them.

On 12/11/2017 at 12:27 PM, The Peytonator said:

I’m riding the Vikings bandwagon pretty hard right now. They’ve always held a special place in my heart being something of a lovable loser type franchise. Definitely pulling hard for them to make it in the NFC. In the AFC I’d like to see Rivers take the Chargers to the big dance. It’d be pretty great to see him go out on top this year. Not a lot of better dudes in the game than Phil Rivers, even though I hated him a few years ago when his team was such a thorn in our butts. I also wouldn’t mind seeing the Jags get in there. Basically I just don’t want to see the Pats or Steelers in the AFC or the Seahawks in the NFC. 

Saints and I guess the Steelers

I guess my user name should say it all.  Steelers.  If not them, Jags or Titans.  Yeah that's it for the AFC.  Anyone from the NFC is fine, like them all.  Would love a Steelers/Vikings SB again.  Fran Tarkenton was one of my favorites and liked them since.