Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make several roster moves 6/15/17

MTC

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

We sure keep bringing in a bunch of WR.   Not sure why

Didn't we do the same thing last year? Leak is surprising He was a big strong kid held over from last years UDFA I wonder if he was injured again. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Oh.  My.  God.  I think something is wrong with Hilton.  What else could this mean?  It's a terrible sign that Colts mgmt isn't saying a word about it either.  Injury must be worse than we think.  I had an injury once that nobody went public with, and it took me a good year to recover.  

I think Hilton is definitely out for the year, and his career may be in jeopardy.  My world is completely ruined now.  How am I supposed to cope in everyday life if this NFL player whom i've never met in my life isn't able to play in some games next season.  Does anyone honestly expect me to be productive at work anymore?  Be a good husband?  A good father?

7 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Oh.  My.  God.  I think something is wrong with Hilton.  What else could this mean?  It's a terrible sign that Colts mgmt isn't saying a word about it either.  Injury must be worse than we think.  I had an injury once that nobody went public with, and it took me a good year to recover.  

I think Hilton is definitely out for the year, and his career may be in jeopardy.  My world is completely ruined now.  How am I supposed to cope in everyday life if this NFL player whom i've never met in my life isn't able to play in some games next season.  Does anyone honestly expect me to be productive at work anymore?  Be a good husband?  A good father?

Wow dude! Try to breathe in and out!  

2 hours ago, krunk said:

competition, and depth too i guess

there is talent on the roster already, but history shows we dont produce much if ty is out of the game

if moncrief and dorsett played up to their potential we would be set for a long time.  we havent seen enough of that though

13 minutes ago, Albaby said:

Wow dude! Try to breathe in and out!  

How can he??  I mean look at what's happening... TY with a hammy injury, no Patty Mac, and don't forget the 2 (not 1) drops by Doyle yesterday.  OMG...we're doomed, and we only have a couple months before training camp begins!  We are TOAST!!

Me-thinks his post was pure sarcasm.

28 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Or it could be that we don't think all the extra bodies at the position are necessary.     How bout that?

34 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Uhhh... ok?

Article on Stampede Blue says Harvey Binford has run 4.22 forty before.

Harvey Binford spent time in the Arena League after college before he was signed by the Green Bay Packers for training camp last year. This offseason, he spent several weeks with the Arizona Cardinals in their offseason program before he was cut shortly after the draft. He has good speed, and that was what caused him to play football in college - people timed him as running a 4.22 40 and then encouraged him to play football.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/6/15/15809828/colts-make-several-roster-moves

1 hour ago, MacDee1975 said:

In the spirit of Van Jones: What are we going to tell our children?

2 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

ab8c229496701a3c93896c03d0a251dc00d0428b

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

I mean outside of T.Y. who do we really have to count on?

Moncrief, Aiken, Dorsett, Rogers are a decent group.   None of these guys we are bringing in are any more than Camp Fodder.  Maybe a couple have potential.  I say bring in more DB competition.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Moncrief, Aiken, Dorsett, Rogers are a decent group.   None of these guys we are bringing in are any more than Camp Fodder.  Maybe a couple have potential.  I say bring in more DB competition.

Iron Sharpens Iron I guess 

I'm okay with the DB's given what's out there. I'm sure once cuts happen it's gonna be a run on DB's by us

7 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

How can he??  I mean look at what's happening... TY with a hammy injury, no Patty Mac, and don't forget the 2 (not 1) drops by Doyle yesterday.  OMG...we're doomed, and we only have a couple months before training camp begins!  We are TOAST!!

Me-thinks his post was pure sarcasm.

Roger that.  It's fun to play chicken little every once in a while!  The sky is falling!!  Run for the hills!!

On 6/15/2017 at 2:42 PM, MacDee1975 said:

Sarcasm noted

On 6/15/2017 at 4:12 PM, IrishColt22 said:

Looking at the OTA observations seems Mitchel is getting reps with the 1s,if he can finally stay healthy (long shot i know) we might get that rough diamond ha.

Mitchel can't stay healthy.  He's never made it out of camp. The dimond in the rough at CB could  be Milton  Ballard singled him out as a guy who impresed him at OTA's. Other members of the staff already has talked about him making a big jump from last season too.

I was hopeful Milton would take a big step this off season. UDFA last year ran a 4.35 40. He killed it on ST's at Tech. He had like 7 blocked kicks. He also returned both punts and kickoffs. The ST's experience should help his cause. I think he might win the start in the slot. 

If you haven't checked out Ballards comments they are worth a look. Things didn't sound so good for Dorsett. Yes it was OTA's but still. A few other guys he mentioned off the top of my head Butler at S Farley Wilson, TY, Moncrief , Rogers, and Swoope

There were others. Milton and Ferguson jumped out at me. Ferguson was surprising as bad as he looked last year. I can't wait until we get in pads.