Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I like Marlon Mack, but just incase he doesn't work out...

-Saquon Barkley(probably will be gone by the time we pick)

-Nick Chubb(Injured, but avg. 7.4 ypc before injury)

-Derrius Guice(one of my favorites, quick & physical)

-Bo Scarborough(injured, big bruiser)

-Royce Freeman

-Myles Gaskin

Who am I missing?

IMO Barkley is in the top tier by himself. Great speed and power along with no significant injuries. Guice played great last year as all. 

Chubb was terrific pre injury. Interested to see how he looks this year being 2 years removed from a devastating knee injury. Nick's Chubb's backup Sony Michel was an elite hs recruit that hasn't put it together but is worth monitoring. 

Ronald Jones should really breakout this year without having to split carries with Justin Davis. Needs to add strength and some weight IMO. 

I'm not a Bo Scarborough fan. Significant injury history and not elusive enough for my taste.  I would not be surprised if true fr rb Najee Harris beats him out. 

Mark Walton (Canes) is a name to watch. Well rounded rb. 

I actually like Myles Gaskins backup rb at UW - Lavon Coleman. Powerful rb with good speed. 

1 hour ago, thatonefan said:

I like Marlon Mack, but just incase he doesn't work out...

-Saquon Barkley(probably will be gone by the time we pick)

-Nick Chubb(Injured, but avg. 7.4 ypc before injury)

-Derrius Guice(one of my favorites, quick & physical)

-Bo Scarborough(injured, big bruiser)

-Royce Freeman

-Myles Gaskin

Who am I missing?

It's not that Mack won't work out --- he will.

But he's more of the complimentary type back,  the change of pace type of back....

Next year we will likely take a RB,  but again, it will likely be in the 4th round.    And that back will likely be more like Gore built for a heavy work load...

Odds are we will pass on those great RB's you've listed,  not because they're not good,  but because I suspect we will once again be focused on defense....  

16 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

IMO Barkley is in the top tier by himself. Great speed and power along with no significant injuries. Guice played great last year as all. 

Chubb was terrific pre injury. Interested to see how he looks this year being 2 years removed from a devastating knee injury. Nick's Chubb's backup Sony Michel was an elite hs recruit that hasn't put it together but is worth monitoring. 

Ronald Jones should really breakout this year without having to split carries with Justin Davis. Needs to add strength and some weight IMO. 

I'm not a Bo Scarborough fan. Significant injury history and not elusive enough for my taste.  I would not be surprised if true fr rb Najee Harris beats him out. 

I actually like Myles Gaskins backup rb at UW - Lavon Coleman. Powerful rb with good speed. 

I forgot 2 mention the 2 ASU rbs kellen Ballage and Demario Richard. 

Llink to the Coleman highlights who I mentioned earlier.  

Ballage is impressive and powerful as well. 

Mark Walton soph highlights. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's not that Mack won't work out --- he will.

But he's more of the complimentary type back,  the change of pace type of back....

Next year we will likely take a RB,  but again, it will likely be in the 4th round.    And that back will likely be more like Gore built for a heavy work load...

Odds are we will pass on those great RB's you've listed,  not because they're not good,  but because I suspect we will once again be focused on defense....  

Yeah I agree.  I think Ballard and co will continue to focus on D until they achieve their desired results.  Unless. . . their desire is a bottom 10 defense which I highly doubt it.  I'm thinking top 15, top 10 eventually would be extremely nice with this Colts offense.  A great D will make the offense better in my view also. 

They will probably snag offense (OL/RB/WR) here or there but I think Ballard has made it sure he seems laser focused on improving this defense and will continue to do so until it doesn't suck. 

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I agree.  I think Ballard and co will continue to focus on D until they achieve their desired results.  Unless. . . their desire is a bottom 10 defense which I highly doubt it.  I'm thinking top 15, top 10 eventually would be extremely nice with this Colts offense.  A great D will make the offense better in my view also. 

They will probably snag offense (OL/RB/WR) here or there but I think Ballard has made it sure he seems laser focused on improving this defense and will continue to do so until it doesn't suck. 

Out of the players I listed I only see Barkley and Guice as 1st rd picks. Chubb's injury will probably have him in the 2nd. 

Although I really like Coleman & Ballage, I believe they are currently viewed as 3rd to 5th rd picks.  

Besides the obvious Saquon Barkley pick, who I love, my low-key favourite is Kalen Ballage from Arizona state.

The other low-key player is one that people around here were hoping is going to declare for the draft this year - Sony Michel. He's interesting one...

Those have been mentioned here. Here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet:

7 hours ago, bertjones7 said:

Ballage is impressive and powerful as well. 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Besides the obvious Saquon Barkley pick, who I love, my low-key favourite is Kalen Ballage from Arizona state.

I was watching take on a player in this past draft and Ballage really caught my eye. Excited to see what he can do this season. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, bertjones7 said:

Damien Harris RB Alabama was good.

On 5/6/2017 at 4:54 PM, BProland85 said:

Would love Royce Freeman in the 3rd or so next year. Freeman and Mack would compliment each other well going forward. 

Couple notes about Royce:

He was injured almost all of last season (ribs).  He toughed it out by getting on the field, but ran really soft due to pain. 

He is not the bruiser you would hope for with his size.

I expect him to run mid 4.5s based on the times he's posted at Oregon in fall camp.

He's a hard worker and team first guy. Will never be a problem off the field. 

If healthy, I think he'll push for 2k yards. Which I think puts him in the 2nd round.  I honestly wouldn't be giddy about the pick. I want to see more attitude (on the field) out of him first.