Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Colts player Bjoern Werner retires

RockThatBlue

42 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

The number of ways I hate this post are many - such the 20/20 hindsight of Xavier Rhodes.  But what I really can't stand is using the "you bum" or "loser" phrase.  To me that is symptom of what is wrong with society.  Why get personal?  Why the need to disparage when in fact he is a decent guy who just did not play football well enough?

It's also is easy in hindsight to say someone didn't Draft the right person. If I looked up how many GM's missed on Great picks it would be comical. Look at how many GM's passed on Tom Brady, Joe Montana, and Terrell Davis just to use 3 examples. Chargers took Ryan Leaf instead of Charles Woodson. 49ers took Alex Smith #1 instead of Rodgers.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Trent trade was Bad but I didn't see hardly no Colts fans disliking it when it happened. I wasn't a member here but was a member at ESPN. Most Colts fans loved it when it happened.

So did most talking heads.  I'm convinced none of them watched his tape from Cleveland.

I was shot down on here for saying Werner plays half heartedly when started but that's beside the point.  Perhaps if we take a step back maybe we aren't good at developing/coaching OLBs. Jerry Highes, Werner, Freeney, Cole etc all underperformed here as OLBs.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:56 PM, jskinnz said:

The number of ways I hate this post are many - such the 20/20 hindsight of Xavier Rhodes.  But what I really can't stand is using the "you bum" or "loser" phrase.  To me that is symptom of what is wrong with society.  Why get personal?  Why the need to disparage when in fact he is a decent guy who just did not play football well enough?

Man I don't mean bum or loser as if Werner or Thornton are literally bums. As far as football goes they are bums and losers. Nothing against them as men. But anyways don't start the hindsight thing.... Everyone knew Rhodes was a big time talent, and I'm about to be 100% real so here it is. Werner at first was looked at as a 1st round talent. But he fell for a reason. Coaches, GM's, and scouts seen him as the slow, un-athletic white boy he is. Man it happens year after year. We lose in the draft. We pick guys like Dorsett and Smith instead of Kendricks and Hunter. I mean its a serious problem.

8 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Man I don't mean bum or loser as if Werner or Thornton are literally bums. As far as football goes they are bums and losers. Nothing against them as men. But anyways don't start the hindsight thing.... Everyone knew Rhodes was a big time talent, and I'm about to be 100% real so here it is. Werner at first was looked at as a 1st round talent. But he fell for a reason. Coaches, GM's, and scouts seen him as the slow, un-athletic white boy he is. Man it happens year after year. We lose in the draft. We pick guys like Dorsett and Smith instead of Kendricks and Hunter. I mean its a serious problem.

Hindsight is always 20/20

Easily one of the worst picks in Indy Colts history...  I still remember  going into that AFC championship game against the Pats and neither of our 2 previous first round picks (Werner & Richardson) were even active...  Not injured. Just flat out inactive by coach's choice... I'd venture to say, that's never happened before in league history and probably won't happen again. 

I've often given Grigson a semi-pass because it's so evident that Chuck isn't a football X's & O's type and his gameplans and adjustments are more often than not miserable.  But when you think of it, Grigson is just as much to blame for his failure to add enough quality talent to the roster. 

I never would have have believed that 5-6 years after drafting Luck, the Colts franchise would be trending downward...  And the fact we seem stuck with these two men who are mediocre at their job, just proves Irsay & his daughters and advisors are part of the problem and not the solution. 

Hell sell the whole team to Peyton if this is the best the Irsay's can do...

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Easily one of the worst picks in Indy Colts history...  I still remember  going into that AFC championship game against the Pats and neither of our 2 previous first round picks (Werner & Richardson) were even active...  Not injured. Just flat out inactive by coach's choice... I'd venture to say, that's never happened before in league history and probably won't happen again. 

I've often given Grigson a semi-pass because it's so evident that Chuck isn't a football X's & O's type and his gameplans and adjustments are more often than not miserable.  But when you think of it, Grigson is just as much to blame for his failure to add enough quality talent to the roster. 

I never would have have believed that 5-6 years after drafting Luck, the Colts franchise would be trending downward...  And the fact we seem stuck with these two men who are mediocre at their job, just proves Irsay & his daughters and advisors are part of the problem and not the solution. 

Hell sell the whole team to Peyton if this is the best the Irsay's can do...

I don't think Peyton has 2 billion dollars

On 1/16/2017 at 6:00 PM, BOTT said:

So did most talking heads.  I'm convinced none of them watched his tape from Cleveland.

I also supported the Trent Richardson signing, namely because I figured the worst case scenario was he'd be an average RB. Instead, he turned into one of the worst RB's in the league because he benched the buffet table, cried about Cleveland rejecting him, then cried some more about the Colts dumping him. Even in that interview documentary of his, Trent blamed everyone but himself -- even his relatives for swindling him.

Still, it was exciting at the time knowing we had on our roster the 1st and 3rd overall picks from the same draft -- both young guys commanded by a playoff caliber team. To make things even more electric, Trent's very first carry was for a TD. The future was bright, but at the end of the tunnel was only darkness...

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, Shafty138 said:

Draft is always a crapshoot....... but for a guy to have in 5 years, 2 first round picks, more or less, out of the league..... and an ENTIRE draft class not on his roster 3 seasons after that draft......  you fire that guy.

unless you started six guys he drafted last year..

...we had 6 rookies were starting by the end of the year.

...you might want to keep that guy

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I never would have have believed that 5-6 years after drafting Luck, the Colts franchise would be trending downward...  

I don't think the Colts are trending downward after two 8-8 seasons..

...with 6 new rookie staters last year. That would suggest we're trending upward

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Dear God...

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

unless you started six guys he drafted last year..

...we had 6 rookies were starting by the end of the year.

...you might want to keep that guy

yeah, if they were all capable starters, then you'd say that was amazing.  We started half of them because we had no other option...

6 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I've heard that; it is better for people to think you are stupid, than to open your mouth (or in this case, typing on a forum) and removing all doubt.  After reading your two posts on this thread, that applies to you.

Werner turned out to not be a good NFL player, so what?  If your life is so pathetic that it makes you feel important to call someone else a bum or a loser then I'd say that is your problem, not Wener's.

As far as his draft, he didn't fall, he was projected as a late first/early 2nd round... the Colts took him late in the first.

Lastly, I did not realize being an open racists was allowed on this forum.  I know if someone posted a thread calling a player a black boy it would deleted very quickly.

20 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Grow up? So you think its acceptable that we cant find talent in the draft or FA??????

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that him telling you to grow up had nothing to do with the Colts finding talent in the draft or free agency.  It had more to do with the two God awful, juvenile posts you contributed to this thread.  Hence the term, grow up.

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that him telling you to grow up had nothing to do with the Colts finding talent in the draft or free agency.  It had more to do with the two God awful, juvenile posts you contributed to this thread.  Hence the term, grow up.

I live in Kentucky. What do you expect? LOL. No man. I just get emotional over my team now.

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

Getting emotional is one thing.

What you wrote was quite another.

Going to the extreme maybe? Yeah I tend to do that. If a player sucks I say it. I get mad because we don't bring in talent in through FA, I get mad when we lose in the draft, when we lose a game, and I call Grigson and Pagano names like * over the reasons I listed above. I may go to the extreme, but I just give my opinion. I think Grigson is the worst GM in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

You can't use that hindsight crap with Bjorn, same way you can't use it on the Dorsett pick. There was obvious better choices. Let me stress the word obvious.

Absolutely right. Good post. They act like Rhodes or Eric Kendricks weren't considered big time prospects LOL. I mean I thought Dorsett was going to be good but I didn't want us to draft him or any other WR in the first.

21 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Yeah I think a majority of people(commentators included) thought it would be Rhodes name called, definitely not Bjorn.

Yep. I remember them saying a CB or WR goes off the board right here, then Werner's name gets called and I was just in shock. I think Hopkins was still on the board wasn't he? I really liked him too, and we could have used a WR at that time to go with Wayne and TY. But anyways, LOL. I remember when Floyd kept falling I was thinking "Holy crap, we're about to get the top talent in the class" then he goes right before we pick.

30 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yep. I remember them saying a CB or WR goes off the board right here, then Werner's name gets called and I was just in shock. I think Hopkins was still on the board wasn't he? I really liked him too, and we could have used a WR at that time to go with Wayne and TY. But anyways, LOL. I remember when Floyd kept falling I was thinking "Holy crap, we're about to get the top talent in the class" then he goes right before we pick.

Jvan is definitely right about hindsight and the draft, its easy to look back and say "oh that guy is better now we should have picked him". But I think it was an obvious pick back then at that time(2013), so the hindsight thing can't be used there. JMO of course.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah I would've really loved Rhodes. And if DeAndre was still on the board, that's just a double whammy

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Jvan is definitely right about hindsight and the draft, its easy to look back and say "oh that guy is better now we should have picked him". But I think it was an obvious pick back then at that time(2013), so the hindsight thing can't be used there. JMO of course.

I absolutely agree. For example......Travis Fredrick. That would be an example of hindsight. He was considered a 2nd-3rd rounder.

BTW. First up I know you aren't going to hit on every pick. Obviously. But a good GM, good scouts, etc hit big a lot of the time. But if we knew how to find talent???? This could be our defense , and most of these guys we could have gotten the last 2 drafts.....

DE Chris Jones (Could've gotten Whitehair in 2nd, was about as good as RK

NT Brandon Williams

DE Malik Jackson (FA signing)

OLB Danielle Hunter

ILB Eric Kendricks

ILB Jatavis Brown

OLB Markus Golden

CB Vontae Davis

CB Xavier Rhodes

SS Darrian Stewart (FASigning)

FS Malcolm Jenkins (FA signing)

NCB Jason Verrett (The pick we gave away)