Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which QB do you want to keep: Tolzien or Morris?

ReMeDy

Which QB do you want to keep: Tolzien or Morris?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want to keep: Tolzien or Morris?

• Tolzien
    • Morris
    • Both

I know we're impressed by Morris already, but when it comes down to cut time, who are you taking? They're both playing well, so it's unlikely we can stash either one onto our practice squad based on the preseason film, so we need to pick. Tolzien has more NFL experience, but I feel like you know what you're going to get with him, whereas Morris is more raw but displays more promise. Knowing Andrew Luck's injury last season and the growing pains at o-line, it's a very real possibility we may have to play whoever our backup is for an extended period of time.

Keeping both doesn't seem plausible due to our injuries (esp. at defensive back), but I listed it anyways. We need all the player space we can get.

3 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I know we're impressed by Morris already, but when it comes down to cut time, who are you taking? They're both playing well, so it's unlikely we can stash either one onto our practice squad based on the preseason film, so we need to pick. Tolzien has more NFL experience, but I feel like you know what you're going to get with him, whereas Morris is more raw but displays more promise. Knowing Andrew Luck's injury last season and the growing pains at o-line, it's a very real possibility we may have to play whoever our backup is for an extended period of time.

Keeping both doesn't seem plausible due to our injuries (esp. at defensive back), but I listed it anyways. We need all the player space we can get.

I like to keep them both and sign Morris to the practice squad, but someone would probably sign him off our practice squad. What a hard decision that will be.

Colts made it pretty clear Tolzien is their guy.  Also, like I keep saying who you do things against in the pre-season matters.  Playing decently vs other teams second string vs playing really well vs guys who most likely be out of football at the end of the month is going to impress the coaches more.  

Until Morris moves ahead of Tolzien on the depth chart I don't think this is the question some want it to be.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

If they really want to keep both they can find away, they kept three in 2012 and at times last year.

I like 'em both...

I appreciate the thought process that says: If we lose Andrew, we're done as a playoff team anyway.....

so there's no need for more than 2......and we need another O-lineman or special teamer..

....but I'd make a significant effort to keep them both

Morris seems to have more upside IMO than Tolzien who by the way has been in the league for a few years now and been on a few teams earning the same result... (ANOTHER new team!!) I thought Freeman off the streets at the end of last season looked better than Tolzien now. Morris is raw BUT the eye test says this kid can be special if Lord forbid Luck gets hurt and from what I'm STILL seeing from this once again weak o-line that could be a possibility. When you bring in ONE new starter at center on the SAME pitiful o-line from last year I guess all is supposed to be well. Morris was no scrub in college at Miami finishing 3rd all time in stats but he's on a Colt team who's hc lacks vision and STILL believes this is ground and pound team on early DOWNS resulting in slow starts constantly. I for one still cringe of the THOUGHT of Chuck and Grigs for 4 MORE yrs in which Andrew's talent WILL be wasted with this tag team.