Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calm before the storm

Lef

The way I view it, the season starts tomorrow. Been a longer than normal off season and I am ready for some football. Players show up tomorrow and play ball time on Wednesday. 

As they say:. Let's do this!  

I'm ready.  I like the expectations (or lack thereof) for them this season.  I think the pressure is off, Luck got paid, just time to go out and prove the doubters wrong.  They aren't talking Superbowl.  Just work hard and good things will happen.  I like that Chud is running the offense.  I like that most everybody is healthy.  I like the additions of the coaching staff.  I like that most people are talking about how good the Texans and Jags will be.  Meanwhile the Colts just lie in the weeds (as Doyel put it at RATS).  I like where they are at right now.  No promises.  Just let the chips fall where they may.  And I like their record in the recent past in that scenario.

I just hope we avoid injuries... no news is good news.  Usually big news is injury related (or suspension).  Let's hope our thin talent doesn't get any thinner.  

But I will say that things are far too quiet right now so close to the start of things.  I can't believe that the Colts, who play the HOF game didn't start ASAP like Green Bay did.  Why wait an extra day to start? 

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

I just hope we avoid injuries... no news is good news.  Usually big news is injury related (or suspension).  Let's hope our thin talent doesn't get any thinner.  

But I will say that things are far too quiet right now so close to the start of things.  I can't believe that the Colts, who play the HOF game didn't start ASAP like Green Bay did.  Why wait an extra day to start? 

Probably because they treat the HoF game like a scrimmage anyway.  The starters may play one series and the coaches will use the rest of the game to evaluate players.  So you don't really need an extra day of practice to get ready.

I don't think I ever watched an entire HoF game, even when the Colts played back in 08.  Back then the team was 90% set and only a few back up spots were open.  It seems like a third of the starting team is up for grabs this year, as well as a lot of back up slots.  The game is going to be interesting.  To me, at least.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Probably because they treat the HoF game like a scrimmage anyway.  The starters may play one series and the coaches will use the rest of the game to evaluate players.  So you don't really need an extra day of practice to get ready.

I don't think I ever watched an entire HoF game, even when the Colts played back in 08.  Back then the team was 90% set and only a few back up spots were open.  It seems like a third of the starting team is up for grabs this year, as well as a lot of back up slots.  The game is going to be interesting.  To me, at least.

I thought that it is understood that there is considerably less practice time allowed than in the past.
 So why give away those teaching hours that the young guys at least, need?

I always enjoy watching the young lineman compete.

4 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Who knows... seems like yesterday should've been the day they reported to camp IMO. But at the same time, I don't think 1 day less of training camp is gonna make or break the season, if anything it's just 1 more day that someone could get injured.

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Who knows... seems like yesterday should've been the day they reported to camp IMO. But at the same time, I don't think 1 day less of training camp is gonna make or break the season, if anything it's just 1 more day that someone could get injured.

Offensive linemen need the reps more than any other position, so there's really no substitute for experience when you're trying to break in 4 rookies.  Is there even room for them? They'd need to get rid of Harrison and ever other non draft pick who didn't play here last year still on the roster I think to do it.  They have 15 linemen for likely only 9 spots plus practice squad.  With one, possibly two, rookie starters they need all the practice they can get.  

7 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I'm pretty sure the Packers subtracted a day from their offseason program to start camp a day earlier.

54 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Offensive linemen need the reps more than any other position, so there's really no substitute for experience when you're trying to break in 4 rookies.  Is there even room for them? They'd need to get rid of Harrison and ever other non draft pick who didn't play here last year still on the roster I think to do it.  They have 15 linemen for likely only 9 spots plus practice squad.  With one, possibly two, rookie starters they need all the practice they can get.  

That's true of OL, they need a lot of practice reps, but nothing I've read leading up to camp suggests we'll see any rookie starters on the OL besides Kelly.

14 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That's true of OL, they need a lot of practice reps, but nothing I've read leading up to camp suggests we'll see any rookie starters on the OL besides Kelly.

If that is the case, then they'd need to take 3 of 4 back up slots.  Lots of draft choices used for little gain if only 1 starts.  

3 hours ago, JPFolks said:

If that is the case, then they'd need to take 3 of 4 back up slots.  Lots of draft choices used for little gain if only 1 starts.  

I don't agree.  If they're back ups with potential to start in the future, they were good picks.  Not every draft pick is going to start or even make the team.  The hope is that they improve the team, and quality depth definitely improves a team.

Besides, do you really want more than one rookie starter protecting the franchise?

6 hours ago, JPFolks said:

We should all be fine with that honestly. There is more depth than years past, and the competition for the RG and RT positions will actually be intriguing. Plus, outside of rare guys like Ryan Kelly, rookie offensive linemen typically need a year or 2 to develop before a coach will trust them to be NFL starters. That's the case with most of these OL guys, very few are ready to be day one starters right out of college.

19 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I don't agree.  If they're back ups with potential to start in the future, they were good picks.  Not every draft pick is going to start or even make the team.  The hope is that they improve the team, and quality depth definitely improves a team.

Besides, do you really want more than one rookie starter protecting the franchise?

I do if our alternative involves crap players like Harrison.  The fact he's still on the team (they got rid of the other C already, why not him too?) is a bad bad sign.  

16 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

We should all be fine with that honestly. There is more depth than years past, and the competition for the RG and RT positions will actually be intriguing. Plus, outside of rare guys like Ryan Kelly, rookie offensive linemen typically need a year or 2 to develop before a coach will trust them to be NFL starters. That's the case with most of these OL guys, very few are ready to be day one starters right out of college.

Mewhort also started at two different positions last year as a rookie.  It happens all the time.,  Typically you hope to draft 3 starters or at least players who play a great deal in rotation in a given draft.  If these guys can't beat out our terrible linemen from last year, then how exactly have we improved?  Sure, we have a new Center... that's it right now.  Otherwise we're back to the same mix of guys in 4 of 5 spots.  That's not improvement.  The quality of back ups in this case don't matter.. they still be WORSE than guys who got our QB's CRUSHED last year at 4 of 5 positions! 

Mewhort also started at two different positions last year as a rookie.  It happens all the time.,  Typically you hope to draft 3 starters or at least players who play a great deal in rotation in a given draft.  If these guys can't beat out our terrible linemen from last year, then how exactly have we improved?  Sure, we have a new Center... that's it right now.  Otherwise we're back to the same mix of guys in 4 of 5 spots.  That's not improvement.  The quality of back ups in this case don't matter.. they still be WORSE than guys who got our QB's CRUSHED last year at 4 of 5 positions! 

Realistically, we probably will only have one new starter on the O line, Kelly.  I'd take an experienced Thornton over a later round rookie any day.  And Reitz or Good at RT.  So, besides Holmes, who were the other terrible linemen you wanted replaced?

Hopefully the other rookie O linemen work out and eventually we get a better RG and RT, but let's give them a little time to learn the pro game.

46 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Realistically, we probably will only have one new starter on the O line, Kelly.  I'd take an experienced Thornton over a later round rookie any day.  And Reitz or Good at RT.  So, besides Holmes, who were the other terrible linemen you wanted replaced?

Hopefully the other rookie O linemen work out and eventually we get a better RG and RT, but let's give them a little time to learn the pro game.

You're missing the point.  If our line was terrible last year, as most people believe and the evidence would indicate, then to improve., we'd need new people rather than the SAME people at multiple positions.  Sure,we hope we have improved at Center (we really don't KNOW we have improved, nothing has been demonstrated yet).  But at Right Guard and Right Tackle we're going to be using the same people.  So really, at best we upgraded one of five spots.  How exactly is that significant improvement?  And who knows, Kelly could be a bust at Center and we could have a far WORSE line than last year.  I fail to see any indication of improvement using the same guys and one unproven rookie.  You'd hope that just as Kelly appears to be an upgrade, so would one or two of the other 3 draftees we brought in.  Reitz and Thornton are simply more of the same.  Castonzo was awful last year.  The ONLY lineman who played well consistently was Mewhort, who was.. drum roll please.. a ROOKIE.   The hope was that other new rookies would replace some of the bad linemen of last year, bumping those guys to back up rolls and improving the personnel hopefully with at least a new right guard or right tackle.  As it stands, we've done almost nothing tangible to improve other than hope the same guys at 4 positions get better.  

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

You're missing the point.  If our line was terrible last year, as most people believe and the evidence would indicate, then to improve., we'd need new people rather than the SAME people at multiple positions.  Sure,we hope we have improved at Center (we really don't KNOW we have improved, nothing has been demonstrated yet).  But at Right Guard and Right Tackle we're going to be using the same people.  So really, at best we upgraded one of five spots.  How exactly is that significant improvement?  And who knows, Kelly could be a bust at Center and we could have a far WORSE line than last year.  I fail to see any indication of improvement using the same guys and one unproven rookie.  You'd hope that just as Kelly appears to be an upgrade, so would one or two of the other 3 draftees we brought in.  Reitz and Thornton are simply more of the same.  Castonzo was awful last year.  The ONLY lineman who played well consistently was Mewhort, who was.. drum roll please.. a ROOKIE.   The hope was that other new rookies would replace some of the bad linemen of last year, bumping those guys to back up rolls and improving the personnel hopefully with at least a new right guard or right tackle.  As it stands, we've done almost nothing tangible to improve other than hope the same guys at 4 positions get better.  

No, I get your point and it's legitimate (although certainly glass half empty, but that's your right). 

The glass half full opinion (mine) is that the center position, and right guard for the most part, weakened the entire line.  That was evident.  I know Castonzo wasn't great last year, but he wasn't awful.  He's a decent LT and Mewhort is a decent LG.

So, if Kelly strengthens the C position, and I agree that's not in stone yet, and Thornton improves with his weight loss and new coaching, the line should be decent.  There's a lot of competition for that spot too.  Reitz was a pretty good swing tackle and Good started to show his stuff.

Most importantly, the O line coaching has changed.  We now have a guy who's coached O lines for about 30 years and was well respected enough to get a head coaching job.

IMHO, we've done quite a bit that I'd consider tangible with the items listed above.  As well as added guys through the draft that should improve depth and could be future starters.  Again, it's my opinion and neither of us will be proven right or wrong until we actually see them play.

7 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Last year was Mewhort's 2nd season, and he didn't give up a single sack. Sure, the experiment at RT didn't pan out, but that wasn't because of poor play on his part, they just realized come week 3 that they needed their best guys on the left protecting Luck's blind side. Once he was entrenched at LG, he was a rock. Castonzo had an off-year, but played much better in the second half of the season. Those 2 are solid. Kelly is an undebatable upgrade at center, as the Colts simply couldn't have gotten worse at that position even if they tried. The only 2 question marks are RG and RT, but the personnel is there, it's just a matter of who wins the competition in training camp.

8 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Last year was Mewhort's 2nd season, and he didn't give up a single sack. Sure, the experiment at RT didn't pan out, but that wasn't because of poor play on his part, they just realized come week 3 that they needed their best guys on the left protecting Luck's blind side. Once he was entrenched at LG, he was a rock. Castonzo had an off-year, but played much better in the second half of the season. Those 2 are solid. Kelly is an undebatable upgrade at center, as the Colts simply couldn't have gotten worse at that position even if they tried. The only 2 question marks are RG and RT, but the personnel is there, it's just a matter of who wins the competition in training camp.

What I was trying to get across is that Mewhort started games in his rookie year at both Guard and Tackle. He started games at both last year as well.  But he started as a rookie, so will Kelly.  What is wrong with looking to our other three rookies to find at least a guard to start and upgrade us over last year when Thornton under performed? 

12 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Castanzo had a down year last year.     No reason to think he won't return to his usual good form.     So, we should have an upgrade at LT.

Mewhort had a very good year last year --- at least, pass blocking.   Allowed zero sacks.   With better coaching, he should be better.

Kelly is already wowing everyone,  or having you read a single story anywhere,  either on the website or throughout the media.      Kelly is the real deal.     Will there be growing pains?    Sure.    But for a rookie,  he's exceptional.   

Reitz had a very good year last year.     Apparently you didn't notice it and didn't read about it all off-season.   But he was more than decent.

That leaves right guard.     Thornton, hopefully healthy and better.    Good, hopefully better.    Harrison hopefully better.

And with Philbin, who is only one of the best OL coaches in the NFL now running things,  there's no reason not to think we won't have a much improved OL.     To be sure it will take time,   but we will be better.    It's probably one of the safer bets this year.

I don't know why you're so negative.    The off-season reports have all been positive,   and you're sitting here as negative as can be..........      Hey,  it's your right to be as negative as you like,   but you've got nothing to back that up......

Well something you need to look at jp is the fact that alot o-line men are coming out of spread offenses instead of traditional offenses in college. That has a big affect because linemen are asked to do diffrent things so it usually takes awhile for linemen coming out of those schemes to put it together. Take clark as a perfect example. He has just about everything you want in a tackle especially his reach however throwing him right in at RT would more than likely be a train wreck. Subbing him in here and there this season is ideal and then likely give him the starting job next year and he should have a much better idea next year. Haeg came from a more pro style offense but he has his knocks but has alot of positives and is getting a some love and like I've said in other post I beleive he will be our future RG but sitting him back will improve him. We are rebuilding and this is the way to rebuild in my opinion. Let them be back ups improve in there techniques and then take over vs setting them to the wolves immediately. I'm not the least bit happy about harrison being on the roster still however Holmes leaving was mutual so that he could possibly find somewhere else. There's no way the FO will release the only one with starting center experience let alone start a new whole right side.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Castanzo had a down year last year.     No reason to think he won't return to his usual good form.     So, we should have an upgrade at LT.

Mewhort had a very good year last year --- at least, pass blocking.   Allowed zero sacks.   With better coaching, he should be better.

Kelly is already wowing everyone,  or having you read a single story anywhere,  either on the website or throughout the media.      Kelly is the real deal.     Will there be growing pains?    Sure.    But for a rookie,  he's exceptional.   

Reitz had a very good year last year.     Apparently you didn't notice it and didn't read about it all off-season.   But he was more than decent.

That leaves right guard.     Thornton, hopefully healthy and better.    Good, hopefully better.    Harrison hopefully better.

And with Philbin, who is only one of the best OL coaches in the NFL now running things,  there's no reason not to think we won't have a much improved OL.     To be sure it will take time,   but we will be better.    It's probably one of the safer bets this year.

I don't know why you're so negative.    The off-season reports have all been positive,   and you're sitting here as negative as can be..........      Hey,  it's your right to be as negative as you like,   but you've got nothing to back that up......

Fact: Castonzo was lousy last year by his own admission.  

Fact: We have a rookie Center who hasn't had a single live practice yet.  How often do people talk about the reality that you can't really learn much from OTA's and No Pad Practices? 

Fact: We had Reitz last year as well as Mewhort (one of my favorite players) but the line was still lousy anyway.

Fact: Thornton has not performed to date and is injury prone.  And to even mention Harrison's name PROVES we are in deep trouble if he EVER sees the field again as a starter on the O Line because he was by far the worst player on our team who saw action last year on the O-Line.  

Look, everyone could play amazingly and we could have the best line in NFL history.  But history suggests if 4 of the 5 starters come back from last year's terrible performing bunch AND the fifth is a rookie who hasn't played a down or even had a padded practice yet, it is hard to suggest we are improved over last year.  There is no evidence let alone proof.  You guys are all hoping these guys outperform what they did last year.  That's fine, but it means nothing until and unless they do it.  Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.   This is closer to that than a major upgrade to our O-Line.  I would have expected 3 new superior starters at C, RG and RT as compared to who started last year with a solid back up option at LT if Castonzo fails again this year.  THAT would be clear cut improvement.  

Of course we all want the O-Line to play better.  I hope that Clark impresses and moves into a starting spot alongside Kelly who also impresses and kicks but.  THAT would be a start.  I also know a lot about Reitz.  He went to my high school and I am a fan.  But he's getting older and until recently was seen as depth, not starting level talent.  Reading about Kelly and all the accolades leaves me asking "based on what?" We'll learn a little during training camp and Pre-Season, but the truth will really only come in live action against Detroit.  It's just as legit to question whether we've improved as it is to say we have in fact already done so.  Let's have some hard evidence before saying "problem solved." 

6 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Fact: We have a rookie Center who hasn't had a single live practice yet.  How often do people talk about the reality that you can't really learn much from OTA's and No Pad Practices? 

Fact: We had Reitz last year as well as Mewhort (one of my favorite players) but the line was still lousy anyway.

Fact: Thornton has not performed to date and is injury prone.  And to even mention Harrison's name PROVES we are in deep trouble if he EVER sees the field again as a starter on the O Line because he was by far the worst player on our team who saw action last year on the O-Line.  

Look, everyone could play amazingly and we could have the best line in NFL history.  But history suggests if 4 of the 5 starters come back from last year's terrible performing bunch AND the fifth is a rookie who hasn't played a down or even had a padded practice yet, it is hard to suggest we are improved over last year.  There is no evidence let alone proof.  You guys are all hoping these guys outperform what they did last year.  That's fine, but it means nothing until and unless they do it.  Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.   This is closer to that than a major upgrade to our O-Line.  I would have expected 3 new superior starters at C, RG and RT as compared to who started last year with a solid back up option at LT if Castonzo fails again this year.  THAT would be clear cut improvement.  

Of course we all want the O-Line to play better.  I hope that Clark impresses and moves into a starting spot alongside Kelly who also impresses and kicks but.  THAT would be a start.  I also know a lot about Reitz.  He went to my high school and I am a fan.  But he's getting older and until recently was seen as depth, not starting level talent.  Reading about Kelly and all the accolades leaves me asking "based on what?" We'll learn a little during training camp and Pre-Season, but the truth will really only come in live action against Detroit.  It's just as legit to question whether we've improved as it is to say we have in fact already done so.  Let's have some hard evidence before saying "problem solved." 

I'm not sure you understand the definition of the word "fact"

9 hours ago, JPFolks said:

If we're lucky,  Clark starts NEXT year.      Maybe.      He's talented,  but needs a LOT of NFL coaching.

Castanzo being lousy next year means next to nothing.     But odds are,  he's going to be better,  because (A) he couldn't be much worse,  and (B) Joe Philbin.

This is the 2nd post you've made without mentioning Philbin.     Why you do that only you know?     He's the biggest reason for optimism.     One of the top OL coaches in the NFL.

So, Castanzo should be better.    

Mewhort should be at least as good, if not better

Kelly is an upgrade over anyone who started the last 4 years.

Reitz had a nice year and should be better.

And whoever starts at guard should be decent.

Again,  the biggest plus is Philbin.   

I don't know why you expected so many new and different players to be on the OL.      We didn't sign any OL free agents.      We drafted 4 OL from college and 3 of them are some level of projects.     Only Kelly is ready to step in and start. 

So you dump on the players and ignore Philbin.     OK......    that's your view of things.    It's not mine,  and as far as I can see,  few other here share your view.........     Doesn't mean you're wrong,   it just means you're in the minority.      Now, I've often held minority views.     They're not fun.     You could be right.      I just wouldn't bet on it.

10 hours ago, JPFolks said:

So was Luck. While we're getting a new LT, let's get a new QB, too.

And if you can't project Ryan Kelly as a pro because you haven't seen him in an NFL practice (despite all the hours of SEC tape that's available), that's a you problem.

9 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not sure you understand the definition of the word "fact"

Well, let me help you: 

fact
fakt/
noun

1. a thing that is indisputably the case.
    "she lacks political experience—a fact that becomes clear when she appears in public"
    synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty; More

Since that applies to what I said, you've now been educated.  

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If we're lucky,  Clark starts NEXT year.      Maybe.      He's talented,  but needs a LOT of NFL coaching.

Castanzo being lousy next year means next to nothing.     But odds are,  he's going to be better,  because (A) he couldn't be much worse,  and (B) Joe Philbin.

This is the 2nd post you've made without mentioning Philbin.     Why you do that only you know?     He's the biggest reason for optimism.     One of the top OL coaches in the NFL.

So, Castanzo should be better.    

Mewhort should be at least as good, if not better

Kelly is an upgrade over anyone who started the last 4 years.

Reitz had a nice year and should be better.

And whoever starts at guard should be decent.

Again,  the biggest plus is Philbin.   

I don't know why you expected so many new and different players to be on the OL.      We didn't sign any OL free agents.      We drafted 4 OL from college and 3 of them are some level of projects.     Only Kelly is ready to step in and start. 

So you dump on the players and ignore Philbin.     OK......    that's your view of things.    It's not mine,  and as far as I can see,  few other here share your view.........     Doesn't mean you're wrong,   it just means you're in the minority.      Now, I've often held minority views.     They're not fun.     You could be right.      I just wouldn't bet on it.

But you don't dispute what I said.  Philbin is a variable without conclusive information thrown into the mix.  Everyone also thought he'd be an excellent head coach based on his past history for Miami, but in the end, that was the opposite of what happened.  Plus, in roughly 6-7 weeks of limited practice, that's a tall order for any coach to dramatically improve something so awful.  

It is fine to be optimistic.  I am not saying we can't be better, I am asking how keeping 4 of 5 players who COLLECTIVELY were lousy last year and adding only a rookie who may be great or could be less than that as none of us have any idea (going into training camp everyone "assumed" Clowney would be a monster.. he hasn't been.... and there are plenty of other examples of first rounders not ready for prime time.  I hope Kelly is awesome as a former College Center, I love the position.  But let's pump the breaks on making him All Pro as many have acted like it's a given he will be.  He hadn't had a single live ammo practice in pads to this point.  

What I stated (and you pretty much restated) were all true.  Why dispute the truth? Start with that, then make a case for why it will be better.  To your credit you made that attempt, but it's all hopeful thinking going forward, not factual analysis looking back; 

5 hours ago, Superman said:

So was Luck. While we're getting a new LT, let's get a new QB, too.

And if you can't project Ryan Kelly as a pro because you haven't seen him in an NFL practice (despite all the hours of SEC tape that's available), that's a you problem.

Castonzo played poorly when he wasn't injured.  The hope is that Luck was injured going back to the pummeling he took early in the season and will play better healthy, but if he misses 9 of 16 games every season going forward and averages only 2 wins for the next 3 years, there will be a time he'd need to be replaced.  Right now it is reasonable to look at his collective body of work and * it was an aberration.  The Offensive Line as a unit has been terrible every year Luck has been there.  1 100 yard rusher in 4 years? 

But you know all that... you just want to argue for arguments sake.  It's a silly comparison not relevant to 4 bad years of collective Line Play even with Castonzo in the mix.  If Castonzo can admit he sucked, why can't the rest of you? 

16 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

But you don't dispute what I said.  Philbin is a variable without conclusive information thrown into the mix.  Everyone also thought he'd be an excellent head coach based on his past history for Miami, but in the end, that was the opposite of what happened.  Plus, in roughly 6-7 weeks of limited practice, that's a tall order for any coach to dramatically improve something so awful.  

It is fine to be optimistic.  I am not saying we can't be better, I am asking how keeping 4 of 5 players who COLLECTIVELY were lousy last year and adding only a rookie who may be great or could be less than that as none of us have any idea (going into training camp everyone "assumed" Clowney would be a monster.. he hasn't been.... and there are plenty of other examples of first rounders not ready for prime time.  I hope Kelly is awesome as a former College Center, I love the position.  But let's pump the breaks on making him All Pro as many have acted like it's a given he will be.  He hadn't had a single live ammo practice in pads to this point.  

What I stated (and you pretty much restated) were all true.  Why dispute the truth? Start with that, then make a case for why it will be better.  To your credit you made that attempt, but it's all hopeful thinking going forward, not factual analysis looking back; 

No,  I did not restate what you said.

So,   let's just agree to disagree......

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:47 AM, JPFolks said:

Does it really matter when camp starts? If I am not mistaken the collective bargain agreement dictates on how much practices can be held and how many. Some teams have the rookies report on a total different date. The biggest time in camp is spent in the classroom anyway. I just don't think one day in this case makes all that much difference IMO.

Well, let me help you: 

fact
fakt/
noun

1. a thing that is indisputably the case.
    "she lacks political experience—a fact that becomes clear when she appears in public"
    synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty; More

Since that applies to what I said, you've now been educated.  

The only real fact is the season has yet to start so we have only opinions not facts to go on so many here are less then educated & none are as smart as THEY may think book smart & common sense are not they same . IMO the education for all will begin soon & this here garbage will be replaced with hard cold facts .:hat: No one here is a genius . 

18 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

The only real fact is the season has yet to start so we have only opinions not facts to go on so many here are less then educated & none are as smart as THEY may think book smart & common sense are not they same . IMO the education for all will begin soon & this here garbage will be replaced with hard cold facts .:hat: No one here is a genius . 

What happened LAST year and the experience level of a rookie are factual.  Perhaps instead of making snarky comments which only prove you wrong, try making a case for why your wishful thinking is somehow more likely to be true than the facts of what happened last year and how predicting rookie play is hit or miss on any drafted player? 

13 hours ago, JPFolks said:

What happened LAST year and the experience level of a rookie are factual.  Perhaps instead of making snarky comments which only prove you wrong, try making a case for why your wishful thinking is somehow more likely to be true than the facts of what happened last year and how predicting rookie play is hit or miss on any drafted player? 

I Bleed the Blue dude every year since my Colts escaped Baltimore I start the season hopeful while it has been a roller Coaster ride it has been fun watching Captain Comeback & Peyton Manning has been AWESOME now with Luck I see his first seasons & I'm very hopeful for our TEAM he IMO in his early Colts career  better than 18 minus the injury . 18 carried the Colts & 12 has tried his best to do the same even a stupid Bricklayer such as myself can clearly see that my education & indoctrination into the world of football was simple when the Colts arrived I became a fan of more than just basketball every season is a little different it does require wishful thinking to realize this year will be better I'll give you that but that is how life works , The Pep Hamilton experiment did not work , Chud IMO will make a huge difference with 12 & the offense & IMO so will Philbin with a line that has sucked big time in the past protection will improve that is not wishful thinking its FACT .

With new Coachs comes better results to this die hard fan that will be seen this season once it starts while I realize O-lineman take time to develop I also realize we'v made some badly needed upgrades protection is key I'v seen rookies start up front for our defense that looked pretty damn good our defense has sucked in my opinion a long time but it has gotten better & rookies were a big part of that its not much of a stretch to believe that it can also happen on the offensive side of the ball as well .

So while you choose to try & act smarter than others here this off season I choose to look forward to a great season . Wishful maybe we'll see the off season is full of genius's who think they have all the answers which is just not so opinions are like rear ends everybody has one & there is no reason to act like one .

Injuries in the NFL are a fact of life we lost 18 1 year & he went to Denver & proved he could get it done , Last season 12 a much younger QB went down it happens, he tried to hard to carry the team changes have been made he will learn from the experience & Rise like a Phoenix from the Ashes as will my Colts . I'll not be buying anything your selling .