Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 Colts Forum Mock Draft 2.0

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

3 veto votes and it's cancelled

Winston has already mentioned he would love a trade up for Ramsey. If Ramsey is picked 1 or 2 they could go other needs like Tunsil at OT or Buckner at DE.

This trade is fair and all of you know it. Just because it's not for a QB doesn't mean a thing.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Yeah,   that was a terrible trade too.   They could have had Beckham and not given anything up.   They could have probably had Watkins without trading up.  Using the bills as a draft blue print probably isn't the best idea

I just posted in the other thread, but I have a feeling this will get underway in the morning hours. I'll be asleep until 4pm give or take a few since I work tomorrow evening. If I have trade offers, I'll assess the board and then get back to those who have made offers then

@tweezy32  @Superman @Yehoodi @stitches @jvan1973 @nerukamo @WarGhost21 @QwizBoy @CheezyColt @Exodus @chad72 @MTC @bap03Colts @OffensivelyPC @danlhart87 @NFLfan @Footballlax31 @The Brazilian Ninja @Traines @NorthernBlue @twfish

Round one of our draft is about to begin!  32 teams divided among 21 GMs.  The draft will begin at 12:00 PM EDT (approx. 13 mins...I will notify you all again when it begins)

Round one:

1-1 Los Angeles Rams
1-2 Cleveland Browns
1-3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (trade)
1-4 Dallas Cowboys
1-5 Jacksonville Jaguars
1-6 Baltimore Ravens
1-7 San Francisco 49ers
1-8 Philadelphia Eagles
1-9 San Diego Chargers (trade)
1-10 New York Giants
1-11 Chicago Bears
1-12 New Orleans Saints
1-13 Miami Dolphins
1-14 Oakland Raiders
1-15 Tennessee Titans
1-16 Detroit Lions
1-17 Atlanta Falcons
1-18 Indianapolis Colts
1-19 Buffalo Bills
1-20 New York Jets
1-21 Washington Redskins
1-22 Houston Texans
1-23 Minnesota Vikings
1-24 Cincinnati Bengals
1-25 Pittsburgh Steelers
1-26 Seattle Seahawks
1-27 Green Bay Packers
1-28 Kansas City Chiefs
1-29 Arizona Cardinals
1-30 Carolina Panthers
1-31 Denver Broncos

Top 30 available prospect (via Fanspeak):

OT Laremy Tunsil Ole Miss
DE Joey Bosa Ohio State
S Jalen Ramsey Florida State
OLB Myles Jack UCLA
DE DeForest Buckner Oregon
QB Jared Goff California
OT Ronnie Stanley Notre Dame
RB Ezekiel Elliott Ohio State
QB Carson Wentz North Dakota State
DE Shaq Lawson Clemson
DT A’Shawn Robinson Alabama
CB Vernon Hargreaves III Florida
DT Andrew Billings Baylor
DT Sheldon Rankins Louisville
OLB Darron Lee Ohio State
CB Eli Apple Ohio State
WR Laquon Treadwell Ole Miss
OT Jack Conklin Michigan State
CB Mackensie Alexander Clemson
DE Emmanuel Ogbah Oklahoma State
DT Jarran Reed Alabama
G Cody Whitehair Kansas State
ILB Reggie Ragland Alabama
DT Kenny Clark UCLA
OLB Leonard Floyd Georgia
OLB Noah Spence Eastern Kentucky
QB Connor Cook Michigan State
OT Taylor Decker Ohio State
CB William Jackson III Houston
DT Robert Nkemdiche Ole Miss

@tweezy32  @Superman @Yehoodi @stitches @jvan1973 @nerukamo @WarGhost21 @QwizBoy @CheezyColt @Exodus @chad72 @MTC @bap03Colts @OffensivelyPC @danlhart87 @NFLfan @Footballlax31 @The Brazilian Ninja @Traines @NorthernBlue @twfish

Round one of this draft is now open!  The Los Angeles Rams (managed by @NorthernBlue) are on the clock.

I will do my best to post the updated draft board and big board every 8 picks, so we get it approximately 4 times per round ( @MTC and @Superman, feel free to update boards and make edits as well if you like)

Aiight lets get it started.

With the first pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the LA Rams select, Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State

Took a bit of thinking, and at one point I was leaning towards the homegrown Goff with the first pick, but I prefer Wentz for his size and accuracy. Plus he played Pro Style offense. I think pairing him up with Gurley will help create a great young and exciting nucleus  for a new fan base in LA.

The Cleveland Browns led by @nerukamo are now on the clock.

The first pick was made at 12:08 PM EDT.  In case @nerukamo does not respond in the next 90ish minutes, he will have his choice autopicked.  What is the consensus on who the Browns would take, in that case?  Most mocks have them taking a QB, so Goff?  The highest ranked available prospect would be Tunsil, but the Browns don't need a tackle

20 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The first pick was made at 12:08 PM EDT.  In case @nerukamo does not respond in the next 90ish minutes, he will have his choice autopicked.  What is the consensus on who the Browns would take, in that case?  Most mocks have them taking a QB, so Goff?  The highest ranked available prospect would be Tunsil, but the Browns don't need a tackle

Goff.

@danlhart87 sent me a PM telling me who to take in case he isn't online.  So we can complete two picks here.  It has been 8 hours. 

The Cleveland Browns select Jared Goff, QB, California

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State

@jvan1973 and the Dallas Cowboys are on the clock.

There are slightly less than 4 hours left until the sleep time.

For those interested, the New York Giants are interested in trading down ( @chad72, @Superman, @Exodus, @tweezy32, @stitches, @CheezyColt)

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

@danlhart87 sent me a PM telling me who to take in case he isn't online.  So we can complete two picks here.  It has been 8 hours. 

The Cleveland Browns select Jared Goff, QB, California

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State

@jvan1973 and the Dallas Cowboys are on the clock.

There are slightly less than 4 hours left until the sleep time.

For those interested, the New York Giants are interested in trading down ( @chad72, @Superman, @Exodus)

Let me see who's on the clock come Jags time. We may be able to work something out.

After mulling this over for some time, I feel like the answer is clear. The future of Jacksonville is in the hands of Blake Bortles, and why not keep him protected and healthy on his blind side going forward.

With the fifth pick, the Jaguars select Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss.

If I'm not mistaken, the Baltimore Ravens and @21isSuperman are on the clock

1 hour ago, Exodus said:

After mulling this over for some time, I feel like the answer is clear. The future of Jacksonville is in the hands of Blake Bortles, and why not keep him protected and healthy on his blind side going forward.

With the fifth pick, the Jaguars select Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss.

If I'm not mistaken, the Baltimore Ravens and @21isSuperman are on the clock

Are you sure about that pick? The Jaguars have Jermey Parnell, Luke Joeckel (though he's a bust), and Kelvin Beachum (who Gus Bradley has already said the starting left tackle job is his to lose). If you like, you can retract the pick and take someone else. If you like that pick, you're free to stay with it. 

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Are you sure about that pick? The Jaguars have Jermey Parnell, Luke Joeckel (though he's a bust), and Kelvin Beachum (who Gus Bradley has already said the starting left tackle job is his to lose). If you like, you can retract the pick and take someone else. If you like that pick, you're free to stay with it. 

I've been on mobile all night, I'll look when I get home

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I went back and forth on this for a while. What I came up with is that you can scheme and make a mediocre defense look better. You can't do that with an O-line.

Sorry Superman, Tunsil is going to Jacksonville. haha