Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots fan request

BlazeDaring

I mean, we hope the Colts beat them, but we aren't playing the game, the players are. ;)

ah you stole my reply. Was going to say the fans aren't playing them and the colts players might have their own reason for winning. Just a guess :)

I know but just to be safe.  Patriots had that 4th week bye which I hate so I'm guessing they'll need the bye week to get a couple people healthy. 

I think the best we can hope for is for the Colts to cover the +5 they're getting. New OC vs that defense just seems like a potential disaster waiting to happen. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong though.

I think the best we can hope for is for the Colts to cover the +5 they're getting. New OC vs that defense just seems like a potential disaster waiting to happen. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong though.

Well you know how these things go.  If the players didn't like the way the plays were being called they might play harder to prove that it was him and not then.  Not the ideal situation but I think that is what happened in Miami.  They fired the coach and then they crushed the next two teams.  I think with the offensive weapons Indy has they always have a punchers chance against anyone.  Denver has a great defense but their key players are very injury prone.  One or two go out and you're in business.  I'll be pulling for you.

Hey all, I'm back.  I'm wondering if you guys could do me a solid and knock off Denver this weekend.  Much appreciated.  Thanks. 

Would rather see Denver win and the Colts not make the playoffs than to see NE get home field advantage again.  Sorry.

I am picking the Colts this week. I just cant see the Colts losing 4 in a row and they have played the Broncos great in the Luck era. Glad the game is here. Having said that I don't see the Pats winning in MileHigh so even if Denver loses this week they will get HFA back with that win + have the tie breaker. Bengals will lose at least 3 games IMO as well. I still think the Patriots could lose at the Giants and at the Jets just because they are trap games and teams for some reason the Patriots struggle against at times. I do love it though, Patriots fans rooting for us this week. I see why because playing in MileHigh is a pain in the Playoffs so you guys want HFA.

I told some friends that at the beginning of the season, they told me I was high. But here they are, 7-0, and they have EASILY the best defense Manning's ever had to complement the offense. And they just got Vernon Davis.

I picked the Broncos to win it all too. That would cement Peyton's legacy, put him over .500 in the Playoffs and he would become the only QB in NFL history to win the SB as a starter on 2 different teams. + he already has 5 MVP's to go with that. A SB win puts him back in the discussion for best ever IMO. I still think he's Top 5 ever anyway no matter what happens.

Would rather see Denver win and the Colts not make the playoffs than to see NE get home field advantage again.  Sorry.

I would rather run a potato peeler up my shin than see the 

Pats get home field advantage. Tell you what, Colts beat the Broncos (for Denver's only loss) and Denver beats NE. Will that work?

HA! The entire league must pray that the inevitable Pats/Broncos AFC Title game is in Denver. Peyton/Brady have never won a road playoff game against the other and are each 2-2. I wouldn't be able to hold my lunch if that scumbag organization actually won a single SB legitimately. 

HA! The entire league must pray that the inevitable Pats/Broncos AFC Title game is in Denver. Peyton/Brady have never won a road playoff game against the other and are each 2-2. I wouldn't be able to hold my lunch if that scumbag organization actually won a single SB legitimately. 

Well, Brady never won an AFCCG on the road after that 3 SBs in 4 year streak where both road AFCCG wins came vs the Steelers. No wonder the Steelers are bitter. :)

That is when you heard the Steelers' players gripe about "Brady and that O knew what was coming". And I walk away now.... :hide:

I think that the Colts' run d has been very solid this year. It will be interesting to see if Peyton will have to carry on he Broncos' offense. He was great last week; can he go two in a row?

That is part of my thinking. I think we wont have a huge problem shutting out Denvers run game. Also think we are going to get some pressure on Peyton. His line isn't the greatest and they are masking the deficiencies by running the football. If we can force Peyton into relying on the pass we all know he will panic and get unbalanced. Plus people have forgotten very quickly how much he has turned over the football this year.

Plus people have forgotten very quickly how much he has turned over the football this year.

I don't think people or the Colts have. That is our best chance because we are not scoring 30 points on that defense for sure. We need defensive scores vs Peyton.

Bilie Boy doesn't rest his players down the stretch. Ask Welker.

Actually he does/has but it's always about the situation so there is no constant. If the starters are playing lousy- he'll keep them in.

They just rested last season against the Bills.

Meh, Pats fans are not that worried about playing Denver in January. They just like to pretend they are at times to give the aura of competition in the AFC.

Why would they want to give that "aura" because they are nice people?.

Check Patriots record in Denver.