Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kendall Langford And The Starting D Line In General

RockThatBlue

Losing Arthur Jones for sometime is going to hurt.. but I like the strides the youth of our defensive lineman here are making. I just wish Grigson did a little more to build the trenches here in Indy.

Signed Langford and drafted two more... There are only so many roster spots available, and Grigson put it very bluntly early on that he was very comfortable with the guys we already had. And I don't want to hear the "He didn't get Fairley or Knighton" nonsense. Much like the whole La'el Collins deal, the player still has to WANT to play here. 

Losing Arthur Jones for sometime is going to hurt.. but I like the strides the youth of our defensive lineman here are making. I just wish Grigson did a little more to build the trenches here in Indy.

It's not like we're losing anything if Jones is out. He hasn't shown what we're supposed to gain with him yet, if you know what I mean.

It's hard to say how much Arthur Jones will be missed... Since he has been constantly hurt and inconsistent, since his arrival in Indy.

Signed Langford and drafted two more... There are only so many roster spots available, and Grigson put it very bluntly early on that he was very comfortable with the guys we already had. And I don't want to hear the "He didn't get Fairley or Knighton" nonsense. Much like the whole La'el Collins deal, the player still has to WANT to play here. 

Art Jones was supposed to be our Fairley or Knighton, except he's always injured, which is the same as not having him.

I like Langford, I didn't know much about him before he came to the Colts.  But he can consistently beat one on one matchups.  When Chapman was in the game Langford was usually left with 1 on 1 and he was very effective.  When Parry came in they would single block Parry and slide the double to Langford.  Langford still held his own but he wasn't nearly as effective.

Anderson is impressive as well, I wonder if the Colts will look at using him for Jones, if Jones is to miss significant time.  I know Anderson is a DE and Jones a DT but Anderson seems to have the strength to play DT, especially as part of a rotation.

Art Jones was supposed to be our Fairley or Knighton, except he's always injured, which is the same as not having him.

At least Jones had been playing. If Fairley was playing last night he was completely invisible and it sounds like Knighton is having problems with his weight again as well. The irony of people being surprised that football players can get injured.