Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Seahawks?

RockThatBlue

You have to remember they were 3 games back of AZ until the cardinals were regulated to a 3rd string QB. Not even a lock to win that division.

I agree with this, but I also believe even with an improved NFC conference, only 3 teams have a realistic shot at the SB, the Packers, Seahawks, and Cowboys. It's kind of a triangle (Seahawks beat Packers, Packers beat Cowboys, and Cowboys beat Seahawks). The variable that will determine who makes the SB in the NFC IMO is the team that can buck that trend and beat the team that they would normally lose to. With an improved Dallas team and Jordy Nelson out for the year, I believe Dallas will beat Green Bay and Seattle H2H in the playoffs and make the SB this year. 

They will lose to the Packers.

I disagree with that. The Packers can't beat the Seahawks or the Cowboys IMO this year without Jordy. I don't think the Packers make it to the NFC Championship at all. Cowboys have an elite O-Line, a solid Offense, an improved Defense from the draft. The Seahawks with Jimmy Graham and Tyler Lockett now have weapons on the offensive side of the ball for Russell Wilson finally. I see the Packers as the odd man out. I'm willing to hear why you think the Packers can beat the Seahawks and make the SB though.

I disagree with that. The Packers can't beat the Seahawks or the Cowboys IMO this year without Jordy. I don't think the Packers make it to the NFC Championship at all. Cowboys have an elite O-Line, a solid Offense, an improved Defense from the draft. The Seahawks with Jimmy Graham and Tyler Lockett now have weapons on the offensive side of the ball for Russell Wilson finally. I see the Packers as the odd man out. I'm willing to hear why you think the Packers can beat the Seahawks and make the SB though.

I never count out Aaron Rodgers. That's why.

I never count out Aaron Rodgers. That's why.

Rodgers playoff record is 2-6 since they won the Super Bowl in 2010

He's on the road to developing a playoff record as horrible as Manning's, including that epic 15-1 season they shot down the drain to a 9-7 Giants team. 

I'm taking Seattle to go back to the Superbowl. The only team in the NFC I can see really beating them is Dallas, and that's if Dallas gets to the NFC Championship which may not happen at all. 

They'll return to the SB and lose it to either Pittsburgh or Baltimore. 

Every year the Packers are chosen to make the Super Bowl and it never happens. They always get outed by a better defense and clutch quarterback combo (2011 Giants, 2012 and 2013 49ers, 2014 Seahawks) and I don't expect them to recover after that horrible lay down they did vs Seattle in the NFCCG. All they needed was one more TD to seal that game, and they piddled after scoring 16 points. The onside kick didn't lose them that game, they laid down.

That team was extremely lucky against Dallas where they benefited from a horrible call that helped them win the game. If the Dez Bryant catch was accurate, Dallas probably burns down the clock, scores and wins that game. 

I see GB going out early this year. 

The Seahawks had problems before The Call, which alone could tank their season if Pete hasn't won the team back since then.

Anyway they came out flat every game except for the season opener against GB. Granted, they were always good enough to come back and win those games once they woke up but those games down the stretch were against AZ and SF after their seasons fell apart, the Panthers and playoff Packers.

I like Seattle's chances more to get back to the Bowl with Nelson going down for the Pack. That type of injury can derail a season.

That being said, I think Seattle will be fine football wise but I question their mental toughness to get back. Historically, the SB loser almost never gets back and many times fails to even reach the post-season. The fact that both Carroll and Bevell continue to say that the play call in the SB was the right call and that if they could do it all over again they would run the same play is alarming to say the least. A good coaching staff is able to admit their mistakes and learn from them. The fact that they are so dug in on that call that lost the game would concern me as a Hawks fans especially if they are trying to rallying the team this season and are telling the players that it was the right call.

Also, as others have pointed out, they were 3 games behind AZ last year late in the season so I don't see their division as anything sure for them. The Rams will be a tough out as well. But again, with Nelson going down, that pretty much leaves the Cowboys and maybe Lions as their only real threat outside of the division. I would take Seattle over any of them. Although I am sure there will be a surprise team in the NFC too. 

I also don't like that Wilson seems to be caught up in his own head a lot these days.

I like Seattle's chances more to get back to the Bowl with Nelson going down for the Pack. That type of injury can derail a season.

That being said, I think Seattle will be fine football wise but I question their mental toughness to get back. Historically, the SB loser almost never gets back and many times fails to even reach the post-season. The fact that both Carroll and Bevell continue to say that the play call in the SB was the right call and that if they could do it all over again they would run the same play is alarming to say the least. A good coaching staff is able to admit their mistakes and learn from them. The fact that they are so dug in on that call that lost the game would concern me as a Hawks fans especially if they are trying to rallying the team this season and are telling the players that it was the right call.

Also, as others have pointed out, they were 3 games behind AZ last year late in the season so I don't see their division as anything sure for them. The Rams will be a tough out as well. But again, with Nelson going down, that pretty much leaves the Cowboys and maybe Lions as their only real threat outside of the division. I would take Seattle over any of them. Although I am sure there will be a surprise team in the NFC too.

I also don't like that Wilson seems to be caught up in his own head a lot these days.

I don't recall BBC saying it was a bad call going for it on 4th and 2

I don't recall BBC saying it was a bad call going for it on 4th and 2

That was not the Super Bowl either with a yard to go and the best back in the league. One can quibble with Bill's call but the Pats D was swiss cheese at that point and a first down seals the game and the play call itself was fine as it just missed the first down by inches. Really apples to oranges comparison.

I still like Seattle with Packers a close second.  Some nagging injury will hit Romo.  It is hard for him to stay healthy...ribs.

The Cowboys lost who I felt was the best running back in 2014 in Demarco Murray.  Darren McFadden is not the replacement needed.  This hurts the Cowboys chances just as much as Nelson with the Pack IMO.

They'll make the playoffs, but won't dominate like they used to.  They'll probably get 11-13 wins and win a playoff game, but it won't be as dominant a performance as we're used to seeing from Seattle.  Lynch is a year older, their OL has some question marks, they have question marks on defense (notably with Kam), they could be trying to transition to more of a passing attack due to the acquisition of Graham and their huge investment in Wilson.  They tried being a more pass-first team at the start of last year and it didn't work out well for them.  I think they'll look pretty beatable in some games

With an improved Dallas team, I believe Dallas will beat Green Bay and Seattle H2H in the playoffs and make the SB this year. 

How is Dallas improved?  No Murray and Scandrick out for the year....  Who did they add that makes you think they have improved?

You have to remember they were 3 games back of AZ until the cardinals were regulated to a 3rd string QB. Not even a lock to win that division.

That was when Wagner went down earlier in the season. They had a couple issues early on (Percy Harvin/Wagner not playing). Once they got their identity back they were the same ol Seahawks....up until their secondary was decimated in the SB and their #1 pass rusher got hurt in the SB they were a very very solid team.

As for the topic. If they stay healthy (relatively few major injuries) I think they go back to the SB. Likely to have HFA which we know means a lot. GB losing Jordy is huge and if they have any other injuries I think we will see them struggle. Dallas's defense to me is still very suspect which I would say them and GB are the only real threats to Seattle in the NFC. As we saw last year....in a one game scenerio anything can happen. Also injuries always play a big role. Teams that were good all season can get to the playoffs or SB and if they have big injuries it often cost them.

Pretty good JC pretty good. I haven't dabbled into the Blue side of the Force, uh, board that much lately but I'm still here :)

Glad to see you are still here. Looking like it will be a fun season. Also looking forward to a couple good rivalry games with the Colts and Texans. Our Awesome QB Vs your freak of nature (J.J. Watt). BTW, Watt scares me every play I watch the Colts and Texans play. No other player has ever put the fear of God into me. Mad respect. Enjoy having him, he's a once in a generation player.

Glad to see you are still here. Looking like it will be a fun season. Also looking forward to a couple good rivalry games with the Colts and Texans. Our Awesome QB Vs your freak of nature (J.J. Watt). BTW, Watt scares me every play I watch the Colts and Texans play. No other player has ever put the fear of God into me. Mad respect. Enjoy having him, he's a once in a generation player.

Thanks man, I appreciate the respect. I'm sure S.Watt would too. I feel the same way about Andrew, kid is smart, can read a defense like Manning and can hurt defenses with his arm and legs (not to mention tackling skills, dude should go in for D.Jackson on passing downs). It really is great to see our two stars face off twice a year. Hopefully Watt can be on the winning side at least once this season lol.

That was when Wagner went down earlier in the season. They had a couple issues early on (Percy Harvin/Wagner not playing). Once they got their identity back they were the same ol Seahawks....up until their secondary was decimated in the SB and their #1 pass rusher got hurt in the SB they were a very very solid team.

As for the topic. If they stay healthy (relatively few major injuries) I think they go back to the SB. Likely to have HFA which we know means a lot. GB losing Jordy is huge and if they have any other injuries I think we will see them struggle. Dallas's defense to me is still very suspect which I would say them and GB are the only real threats to Seattle in the NFC. As we saw last year....in a one game scenerio anything can happen. Also injuries always play a big role. Teams that were good all season can get to the playoffs or SB and if they have big injuries it often cost them.

Love Wagner, but he isn't making up 3 games.

I don't think GB losing Nelson is all that huge...Rodgers will make up for it as the season progresses

Rodgers playoff record is 2-6 since they won the Super Bowl in 2010

He's on the road to developing a playoff record as horrible as Manning's, including that epic 15-1 season they shot down the drain to a 9-7 Giants team.

I'm taking Seattle to go back to the Superbowl. The only team in the NFC I can see really beating them is Dallas, and that's if Dallas gets to the NFC Championship which may not happen at all.

They'll return to the SB and lose it to either Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

Every year the Packers are chosen to make the Super Bowl and it never happens. They always get outed by a better defense and clutch quarterback combo (2011 Giants, 2012 and 2013 49ers, 2014 Seahawks) and I don't expect them to recover after that horrible lay down they did vs Seattle in the NFCCG. All they needed was one more TD to seal that game, and they piddled after scoring 16 points. The onside kick didn't lose them that game, they laid down.

That team was extremely lucky against Dallas where they benefited from a horrible call that helped them win the game. If the Dez Bryant catch was accurate, Dallas probably burns down the clock, scores and wins that game.

I see GB going out early this year.

What's so special about PITT this year? They may have an electric offense... but their defense is still very suspect. I can see them getting into the playoffs but not making a superbowl run.

Watch out for Philly. Chip has gone 10-6 in back to back years with Vick, Foles and Sanchez. Foles and Sanchez combined for 27 turnovers last year. If he can stay healthy Bradford should be a big upgrade. I know a big if but I think he does it. I'll be taking a late flier on him in fantasy ball too if he's still healthy when we draft.

His O is all about being able to run the ball speed you up spread you out. Chip now has a platoon of Murray Matthews and Sproles to tote the rock. Agholor looks like the real deal. Matthews has a yr under his belt Ertz and Celek at TE. Then toss former Ducks Huff and Barner in the mix. I think they will score a lot of points win the East with Sanchez or whoever. If Bradford can stay healthy they will make a run.

I still like Seattle with Packers a close second.  Some nagging injury will hit Romo.  It is hard for him to stay healthy...ribs.

The Cowboys lost who I felt was the best running back in 2014 in Demarco Murray.  Darren McFadden is not the replacement needed.  This hurts the Cowboys chances just as much as Nelson with the Pack IMO.

Dallas has arguably the best offensive line in the NFL (or at least the best in the NFC) and that's how Murray was able to get those rushing yards. McFadden should have success behind that line. 

What's so special about PITT this year? They may have an electric offense... but their defense is still very suspect. I can see them getting into the playoffs but not making a superbowl run.

Pittsburgh's defense should be improved. LeBeau is no longer there, and I disagree with all the praise he gets. His defense was always shredded by better quarterbacks like Brady and Brees who could totally destroy it. Other than that, they no longer have most of the aged veterans that were slow and mediocre all last year. Their defense is a lot younger, and should greatly improve. 

Baltimore could beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs, but I'm not convinced New England or Indy would. 

Pittsburgh's defense should be improved. LeBeau is no longer there, and I disagree with all the praise he gets. His defense was always shredded by better quarterbacks like Brady and Brees who could totally destroy it. Other than that, they no longer have most of the aged veterans that were slow and mediocre all last year. Their defense is a lot younger, and should greatly improve. 

Baltimore could beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs, but I'm not convinced New England or Indy would. 

They looked horrible verse the Bills yesterday. Buffalo went up and down the field on them with 3 different QBs. They don't have anyone close to Troy at safety, their corners are average at best their front 7 is nothing special. They have some nice LBs and that is about it. They will go only as far as Ben carries them.

Dallas has arguably the best offensive line in the NFL (or at least the best in the NFC) and that's how Murray was able to get those rushing yards. McFadden should have success behind that line. 

I think they are without a doubt the best OL in football.  I am not confident in McFadden's skill set.  Murray can really hit the hole. Just my opinion.