Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts by BR get ranked best TE's in football

12isthenew18

I don't know how we don't have the best group of WR's with TY Hilton *and* Andre Johnson. Now throw in a new 1st round pick with a blazing 40 time, Fleener who can line up as a WR, a HoF'er son in Carter, and a developing prospect in Moncrief.

I'll take Julio over him, too, but I was talking about the rest of Atlanta's WR corps. It's not so hot.

Same as ours. Outside of Hilton & Moncrief, it's question marks

Johnson could be bad here, & Carter & Dorsett are unknowns too

Randall Cobb, Jordyn Nelson, Davante Adams are more of an established group

I'm sure I'll be changing my tune by the end of the year but for now I'm taking the Falcons & Packers

I'm sure I'll be changing my tune by the end of the year but for now I'm taking the Falcons & Packers

I'm not talking about the Packers. I'm fine with them, though, I wouldn't call Davante Adams "established". He had an OK year with the best QB/passing offense in football. Anyway, I'm talking about the Falcons, their group outside of Julio Jones ain't that hot.

I'm not talking about the Packers. I'm fine with them, though, I wouldn't call Davante Adams "established". He had an OK year with the best QB/passing offense in football. Anyway, I'm talking about the Falcons, their group outside of Julio Jones ain't that hot.

Roddy white injury free I'll take

Could also throw the Giants in there. ODB Cruz & Randle if all healthy is nice

I'll take Andre Johnson every day of the week and twice on Sunday, plus the Falcons #3 is weak.

The Giants WR corps is certainly better than the Falcons as is the Broncos, the Steelers, the Lions, Cardinals, Bucs. There's probably a few more I'm forgetting.

Johnson could be great here.

I would definitely take the sure thing in TY and the developing Moncrief and the gamble that AJ, Dorsett and Carter could develop into very very good players for us over any WR group in football... 

Give me that potential upside over any established group with 1 superstar.

None of their rankings have any merit with me as they have the 49ers with an honorable mention in the LB's group. Last year sure, but they lost a lot this off-season which the writer must have missed. What else did he miss?

And here is the actual to the story...link.

other than julio i'm not impressed with falcons wrs. I wouldn't take greenbays group over ours either. I think the jets wr group is better than the falcons. Decker marshall and devin smith.Broncos thomas sanders caldwell lattimer. lions. johnson and tate. But over all on paper I believe the colts have the deepest group. Hilton, johnson, dorsett, moncrief, carter and thats without counting the te. Not only that but I feel we have the most versitile group. We have two small fast guys, a big fast guy and two big possion type guys.

How can it be that the Colts have the best group of tight ends in the NFL, when there are a fair number of posters here who actually think Fleener and Allen are just JAGS.    Just Another Guy.

Seriously, that's what they've written and what I've read.     That's not my view, but their view.

How is that possible?

Heck, even in this thread,  a thread about tight ends,  most of the posts are about our wide receivers.

I'm not sure what Fleener/Allen have to do to be rated above a pair of JAGS,  but I'd be curious to know.

Strange to have such good players get so little respect from their own fans..........    

How can it be that the Colts have the best group of tight ends in the NFL, when there are a fair number of posters here who actually think Fleener and Allen are just JAGS.    Just Another Guy.

Seriously, that's what they've written and what I've read.     That's not my view, but their view.

How is that possible?

Heck, even in this thread,  a thread about tight ends,  most of the posts are about our wide receivers.

I'm not sure what Fleener/Allen have to do to be rated above a pair of JAGS,  but I'd be curious to know.

Strange to have such good players get so little respect from their own fans..........    

I haven't seen anyone hint that both of them are JAGs.  It's just that there seems to be a Fleener camp vs an Allen camp.

I haven't seen anyone hint that both of them are JAGs.  It's just that there seems to be a Fleener camp vs an Allen camp.

I've actually read more than one post (several) that said that.....

I don't know what games they're watching,  but that's what they think....

I think both are quality players and I think the Colts are lucky to have them both.

And today, Grigson was quoted as saying despite our depth and quality at the WR spots,   two-TE formations will always be a part of our base offense.     I was pleased to hear that.....