Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts cuts: 53 man roster (Official Thread)

TKnight24

Maybe and maybe not. It all depends on if the coaches feel they can fine tune Pryor and turn him into a legitimate NFL quarterback.

It is my opinion that the right coaching staff can do it, and make him a special player.

I know one thing for sure, I'd rather see Pryor in that 4th preseason game than Harnish. Heck, Pryor nearly beat us by himself last year.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is way too early to say "no way". It would take the right situation though.

The third QB will never see the field. A PS player can practice with the team. Not to mention that we don't have the luxury of an extra roster spot.

And I don't think anyone is going to worry about another team taking Harnish if he's our third.

I know one thing for sure, I'd rather see Pryor in that 4th preseason game than Harnish. Heck, Pryor nearly beat us by himself last year.

I agree. He is a talented football player. It might take a lot of work to make him an NFL quarterback, but I would not fault a team for trying.

The third QB will never see the field. A PS player can practice with the team. Not to mention that we don't have the luxury of an extra roster spot.

And I don't think anyone is going to worry about another team taking Harnish if he's our third.

I have never understood why so many people over-value the last few positions on the final 53. Fans fall in love with camp players every year, and very seldom do they ever produce in the regular season.

There is a time when it is necessary to carry 3 quarterbacks. Heck, it used to be what every NFL team did, every year.

In my opinion playing time is not what Pryor needs. He needs to be around a talented NFL quarterback, such as Luck, who he can learn from.

The fact that no team will even think about taking Harnish, is the very reason that we should not have him at all.

I have never understood why so many people over-value the last few positions on the final 53. Fans fall in love with camp players every year, and very seldom do they ever produce in the regular season.

There is a time when it is necessary to carry 3 quarterbacks. Heck, it used to be what every NFL team did, every year.

In my opinion playing time is not what Pryor needs. He needs to be around a talented NFL quarterback, such as Luck, who he can learn from.

The fact that no team will even think about taking Harnish, is the very reason that we should not have him at all.

Luck is still learning himself. He isnt in a position to help Pryor. Pete Carol bailed on him for a reason

No, there is no way they carry three qbs. With all of the injuries on guys slated to make the Dundalk 53 , there is no room for another qb

That is certainly not a statement I would make, while it is a very "safe" statement to make, I am not ready to say that we won't carry 3 quarterbacks this year. And the reason I am not 100% sure that we will only carry 2 quarterbacks this year is because I could certainly understand why we would carry 3 this year.

If we do then we do, and if we don't then we don't. That decision is up to the coaches. If a quarterback gets cut that we feel will be a good fit for us to groom as a backup for next year, then I don't see why they would not pull the trigger.

That is certainly not a statement I would make, while it is a very "safe" statement to make, I am not ready to say that we won't carry 3 quarterbacks this year. And the reason I am not 100% sure that we will only carry 2 quarterbacks this year is because I could certainly understand why we would carry 3 this year.

If we do then we do, and if we don't then we don't. That decision is up to the coaches. If a quarterback gets cut that we feel will be a good fit for us to groom as a backup for next year, then I don't see why they would not pull the trigger.

If we were going to carry three qbs the third one would have been in camp. They aren't going to pick up a third qb to "groom" and carry him on the 53 man roster a week before the first game

Luck is still learning himself. He isnt in a position to hel Pryor. Pete Carol bailed on him for a reason

That is not completely true. Luck has played like a veteran for most of his short career, and he is only a few years form having the official title. You are locked in on Pryor, because I said I would understand it if the Colts made the move. It doesn't matter what quarterback it is. If the coaches see someone who they value that gets cut, then they will pull the trigger. If not, then they won't.

That is not completely true. Luck has played like a veteran for most of his short career, and he is only a few years form having the official title. You are locked in on Pryor, because I said I would understand it if the Colts made the move. It doesn't matter what quarterback it is. If the coaches see someone who they value that gets cut, then they will pull the trigger. If not, then they won't.

Here is a hint, they won't. Maybe a PS guy, but not a guy for the 53

If we were going to carry three qbs the third one would have been in camp. They aren't going to pick up a third qb to "groom" and carry him on the 53 man roster a week before the first game

Well I am not sold that we will or we won't. I believe there is a case to be made for both points of view this year, and would certainly understand if we kept 3 on the 53. It would be justified.

I don't like throwing guarantees around when it is not 100% guaranteed. I am not even sure why you are arguing about this. It is a position that needs to be filled before next year, and to say that we would not entertain the idea of doing it now not sound thinking.

Well I am not sold that we will or we won't. I believe there is a case to be made for both points of view this year, and would certainly understand if we kept 3 on the 53. It would be justified.

I don't like throwing guarantees around when it is not 100% guaranteed. I am not even sure why you are arguing about this. It is a position that needs to be filled before next year, and to say that we would not entertain the idea of doing it now not sound thinking.

Ok, if Aaron Rodgers gets cut today, and somehow makes it to our waiver position, we will carry three qbs

Here is a hint, they won't. Maybe a PS guy, but not a guy for the 53

Here is a hint. Unless you are the one making the decisions then you don't know.  Neither one of us know.

Maybe they will, and maybe they won't. It is not 100% guaranteed until they make the final 53. If they do then it can certainly be justified.

As I have said all along, if they do then I will understand why.

That is not completely true. Luck has played like a veteran for most of his short career, and he is only a few years form having the official title. You are locked in on Pryor, because I said I would understand it if the Colts made the move. It doesn't matter what quarterback it is. If the coaches see someone who they value that gets cut, then they will pull the trigger. If not, then they won't.

Luck has had stretches of playing like a vet but not nearly as much as ya make it out to be, Yes he is a great up and coming QB but he still has a ton to learn....Like changing the play when the box is loaded or not staring wr's down for example and learning to pick up blitzes when they are obviously coming

Luck has had stretches of playing like a vet but not nearly as much as ya make it out to be, Yes he is a great up and coming QB but he still has a ton to learn....Like changing the play when the box is loaded or not staring wr down for example and learning to pick up blitzes when they are obviously coming

There are dozens of veteran quarterbacks who have played in the NFL, and wish they were where Luck is now by their 10th year.