Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts cuts: 53 man roster (Official Thread)

TKnight24

He was playing well for the Broncos. I doubt Grigson would stick out his neck for him though. He really made the Colts franchise look bad.

If it were only about his playing ability then I would be all in.

Geez... guys have done far worse than that. He had too much to drink and apologized for his actions. 

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how the waiver system works?  I know teams have 24 hours to put in a claim and we are 26th in line.  So . . . say we want to claim Halapio.  Do we put in a claim and then wait 24 hours to see if anyone higher claims him?  If we claim Halapio, can we also claim Winston, but then if both clear waivers, we are stuck with both?

Does anyone know how the waiver system works?  I know teams have 24 hours to put in a claim and we are 26th in line.  So . . . say we want to claim Halapio.  Do we put in a claim and then wait 24 hours to see if anyone higher claims him?  If we claim Halapio, can we also claim Shipley, but then if both clear waivers, we are stuck with both?

Waivers are on a system by the 2013 record and if there are multiple claims the player goes to the lowest number

Sheppard had a cap hit of 1.4M (30K dead cap hit) and was playing at a position with tons of talent and depth. His departure should come as no surprise.

He'll land somewhere though.

I think that's what it comes down to. IMO, he played reasonably well in preseason, but I think his cost-benefit compared to guys like Muamba (who was pretty good as well), and Andrew Jackson (who is basically Sheppard with more upside) did him in. Add in Studebaker and his ability to move inside, if necessary, and it was just too crowded.

No doubt he'll be on someone's roster within a week.

I don't know if you remember, but Jerry Hughes was horrible for us. 

Hughes is playing great on a very talented Bills defense. He just needed more time with our defensive changes which he was more suitable for. We could use his pass rushing skills badly this year.

That trade is shaping up to be one of the worst in Colts history.

Geez... guys have done far worse than that. He had too much to drink and apologized for his actions. 

I think once a player gets busted for telling a cop, "You can't arrest me, cause I am a Colts player", that might be the end for said team.

Sure people have done worse, and I would not be opposed to brining him back, but I doubt the Colts brass will be okay with it.

Hey who knows though? Anything can happen.

Cut or waived? Big difference

Players with less than four years service are waived. Contract is terminated, just like a veteran, except they go through the waiver process and someone else can assume the contract.

So, McDonald was waived (as so is every other young guy). But to him, it's all the same. He's cleaning out his locker either way.

I think once a player gets busted for telling a cop, "You can't arrest me, cause I am a Colts player", that might be the end for said team.

Sure people have done worse, and I would not be opposed to brining him back, but I doubt the Colts brass will be okay with it.

Hey who knows though? Anything can happen.

Yeah it was the end of his stay in Indy . Not saying it shouldn't have been. Just saying if they liked him and had a chance to sign him , I don't think that incident should be enough to deter them. It does appear to be an isolated incident where he had way too much to drink.  Maybe I'm way understating the severity of a guy drinking too much and uttering 10-12 stupid words? 

Yeah it was the end of his stay in Indy . Not saying it shouldn't have been. Just saying if they liked him and had a chance to sign him , I don't think that incident should be enough to deter them. It does appear to be an isolated incident where he had way too much to drink.  Maybe I'm way understating the severity of a guy drinking too much and uttering 10-12 stupid words? 

The real issue to me is can he stay healthy for an entire season or at least most of it given his playing style and injury history. I don't think he can and the team cant rely on a player who had or has two shot knees, He is a playmaker no doubt the way he flies around but he is reckless with his body and is not consistent wrapping up a ball carrier,

Not really. Sure he will lose some money, but he will go where he has a very good chance of starting. Somewhere RT help is desperately needed.

He isn't starting anywhere week one. He will have to earn the starting job no matter where he goes this late in the game