Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts cuts: 53 man roster (Official Thread)

TKnight24

We have plenty of cap space. Sheppard's cost-benefit might have cost him his job, but it wasn't a cap space move.

(Also, if we did re-sign him for vet minimum, we'd get a vet minimum exception, and his cap hit would be minimal. But that only comes into play if we suffer an injury sometime soon.)

Depends on who we sign. I won't be surprised if a couple vets are signed.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen Hill has been released. Second round pick in 2012. Some thought he might go in the first round.

Dude can block too. He destroyed Burley on a block a few weeks ago.

Some of these cuts have me scratching my head.

That the bengals rb that just destroyed us?

Nvm, googles him. Jets wr.

Stephen Hill has been released. Second round pick in 2012. Some thought he might go in the first round.

Lots of young receivers available. Might make it easier to get Rogers to the practice squad, if we do waive him.

Depends on who we sign. I won't be surprised if a couple vets are signed.

Spotrac has us with almost $18m in cap space, counting the top 51 contracts. Call it $15m once all transactions, including IR designations, are made. I'm pretty sure Sheppard's $1.4m isn't an big consideration.

This shouldn't be a suprise with his drops and injuries. He's basically DHB part 2.

Spotrac has us with almost $18m in cap space, counting the top 51 contracts. Call it $15m once all transactions, including IR designations, are made. I'm pretty sure Sheppard's $1.4m isn't an big consideration.

What about RJF? Would cutting him save us any in cap space?

Niners released Adam Snyder. He's 31, but he was good as an interior guard, with the ability to play tackle. Kind of a surprising cut. He'd be in my shopping cart.

Finally someone I'd be happy signing.. still on the fence about brining Winston in as a backup.

For sure it isn't.

This shouldn't be a suprise with his drops and injuries. He's basically DHB part 2.

It is almost always surprising when a team gives up on a second round pick after only 2 years.

I would not put him in DHB category. In my opinion, the Jets are not making a smart move here.

49ers must be close to a deal with Boone.

They just released Adam Snyder, who has been a good utility lineman for years.

I would take him on the Colts in a minute.

I wouldn't.  The Cardinals have a terrible OLine.  They signed Snyder to a big free agent contract and was a bust.  No thanks.

What about RJF? Would cutting him save us any in cap space?

Yeah but we're not in a crunch for cap space and Ricky can be a vital part of our 2nd team and get cut next year. Sheppard got released because I bet the staff didn't feel comfortable paying him 1.4 million as the 4th ILB. (at best)

Darrius Heyward-Bey has made the Steelers 53 man roster.

They must believe they can fix him too.

I will fast forward this for them. They can't cause he cannot catch.

He does serve a great role on special teams though. Just have someone else catch the ball and hand it to him if they want him returning kicks.

The first post in the thread is being updated as the cuts are announced. Next time, just check there.

Or wait an hour, and they'll all be in.

I can remember one year  (3-4 years ago ?) we didn't see them until about 7-8 eastern time. 

The first post in the thread is being updated as the cuts are announced. Next time, just check there.

Or wait an hour, and they'll all be in.

No worries some good info going on in here wasn't trying to say it was a waste of time or anything like that just surprised only 2 have been named really .

It is almost always surprising when a team gives up on a second round pick after only 2 years.

I would not put him in DHB category. In my opinion, the Jets are not making a smart move here.

They overdrafted him, and he's been awful (and I say that with full knowledge that his QBs have been awful). Not surprising, really. 

No. His 2014 salary is reported as guaranteed.

And he's a solid part of our DL rotation. No reason to cut him.

It has been well reported how RJF has had a poor training camp.

He did very little last year, and nothing this preseason.

So I would disagree he is a good player. However, since we have no other players to replace him (and cutting him would result in major "dead cap money" I expect RJF stays one more year.

Stephen Hill got his fame when he did that one catch in college. I remember that play, was watching that game on TV. They played it on ESPN endlessly

And then of course the Jets just took him expecting him to be good when even in college he was average

Rarely ever a good idea to take a WR from a team that runs the option like Navy, Army, GT, etc etc

Megatron was just that once in a lifetime guy